Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Head in the sand babble - well I must have been doing that for 52 years then and all through the shit times when we were broke and down in Div 3 and after we got relegated after winning the League and European Cup.

'Better fan' lists the years he has followed the club to prove something cliché.

All he is saying is that he's been through worse times?  Certainly a better post than:

"What a load of populist, head-in-the-sand babble. You got the yellow star that was your intention though so well done...I guess."

Which is **** garbage.

r.e: Vlaar, we're obviously fine discussing the merits of a potential move for him but literally nothing has come out to suggest he's on his way.  The manager doesn't want to sell and Vlaar hasn't said anything.  There's obviously nothing wrong with saying "I'm worried, he's only got a year left and I think we might sell him" or whatever, but there's such a pessimistic cloud over every single tiny detail at the moment.  I'm amazed some people feel fit to shoot any sort of optimism down with a personal insult.  Bad times.

Spot on, there's quite a poisonous atmosphere brewing on VT and therefore, I assume throughout villa fans generally which is going to do nothing for our current and future state.

Recently I've often wished I had something better to do than come on here and read the same 'woe is us' tripe all because we're not yet owned by some Arab prince and spending exorbitant amounts of money.

Things are what they are, eventually they'll change, it's the nature of things

• Like 1

Head in the sand babble - well I must have been doing that for 52 years then and all through the shit times when we were broke and down in Div 3 and after we got relegated after winning the League and European Cup.

'Better fan' lists the years he has followed the club to prove something cliché.

All he is saying is that he's been through worse times? Certainly a better post than:

"What a load of populist, head-in-the-sand babble. You got the yellow star that was your intention though so well done...I guess."

Which is **** garbage.

r.e: Vlaar, we're obviously fine discussing the merits of a potential move for him but literally nothing has come out to suggest he's on his way. The manager doesn't want to sell and Vlaar hasn't said anything. There's obviously nothing wrong with saying "I'm worried, he's only got a year left and I think we might sell him" or whatever, but there's such a pessimistic cloud over every single tiny detail at the moment. I'm amazed some people feel fit to shoot any sort of optimism down with a personal insult. Bad times.

Spot on, there's quite a poisonous atmosphere brewing on VT and therefore, I assume throughout villa fans generally which is going to do nothing for our current and future state.

Recently I've often wished I had something better to do than come on here and read the same 'woe is us' tripe all because we're not yet owned by some Arab prince and spending exorbitant amounts of money.

Things are what they are, eventually they'll change, it's the nature of things

I don't think it's anything to do with not spending exorbitant amounts of money. The problem is we aren't spend any amount of money!

I am starting to change my tune about Vlaar though and starting to think maybe he is not as good as I though and won't be approached by a big club after all.

Still early days though.

I took it to mean I won't be signing an extension but It's possible I'll play the year out here and then leave on a free for one big payday.

I wouldn't have an issue with that and who knows in a years time we'd surely have something brighter regarding the ownership so can adequately replace him which I don't think will be the case in the present situation.

• Like 4

Or it could mean: I know Villa don't want lose me so if they want me to stay (at least more than a year) they have to give me a contract that shows that.

And the other quote about his options, could be that one of the options is staying with an improved contract already offered by Villa.

He added: "At the moment I am having a holiday and visiting my parents. I am enjoying my time with family and my two sons.

"On Saturday, Aston Villa will play against Groningen. I have an agreement to report over there and I will attend the game in the stadium.

"I won't play. I haven't done anything in the previous weeks except jumping with my children on the trampoline."

So he'll be at the game (August 2nd) but he won't be playing.

tbh if you were ron would you want to come back?

The amount of desperate defending he had to do at times last season because he was alongside the chucklebrothers had him having to play at a million miles an hour

No wonder he was picking up so many niggles i think in a quality side with decent players round him he would enjoy his football more and probably get a payrise as well

Offer him 50k-60k per week and a 4 year contract and he will stay, any less and he is entitled to move to another club who will offer it to him.   I can't see it being an easy task to replace him and would be fearful of us bringing in another cheap option due to our current position.  Pay up Randy as Ron is just as important to us as Benteke imo. 

• Like 1

Difficult situation considering he is our captain, meant to be the guy the younger guys look up to. No loyalty in the game now of course though.

Loyalty for what? Signing him while running the club on a shoe string budget and then putting the club up for sale? I wonder how much of that was mentioned when he discussed signing for the mighty Villa?

Yes he gets paid more but is money everything? At Feyenoord he played to win things and was also an International at that time to. We've done nothing to enhance his career and he owes the club nothing.

• Like 1

completely understand if he leaves. No hard feelings. Hes a true pro. I think he will leave on a free. If he does then great. He stuck to his contract. Deserves a last big pay day before he retires.

• Like 1

The thing is if he stays till the end of his contract I think he loses out. Another year playing for a team that will under perform and let in lots of goals will make people soon forget about those world cup performances.

I think his best chance at a big pay day is a move this summer and I'd be very surprised if he doesn't want to leave.

• Like 2

a contract of say three or four years in line with our top earners (say gabby and delph) is reasonable for the club captain, a dead set starter, and someone who made many people's team of the world cup....

offer it to the guy, and if he says no, then the club has a decision to make...

with him not being on a contract of this nature having been at the club for two years, i could understand if he felt aggrieved having just had the world cup that he had, and with there being demand for him from a number of other clubs...  

i'm guessing that he would be the cheapest world cup semi-finalist?

Â