Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Had a great World Cup playing as the defensive leader in the type of system i think we'll play next season.

Now if only we had a manager like Van Gaal, more tacticaly astute players and someone like Robben to make things happen on a regular basis...

Bye Ron, you've been one of our best players for the past couple of seasons. Thanks for the service.

Why's everyone being defeatist as if he's gone?

He has a year left, can't imagine Lambert wanting to sell him unless it's for big money, which wouldn't be a bad thing for the state we're in.

• Like 2

Ron has been immense this World Cup, so unfortunately I can only see him moving on and I honestly wouldn't blame him one tiny little bit if he did. What he would gain by staying at Villa I couldn't even begin to guess, there's nothing for him here but another relegation scrap and the uncertainty of the sale. It's a no brainer for him.

See ya Ron and thanks for everything.  :thumb:

Ron will not be leaving this summer.

It would cost us way more because it would more than likely end in relegation.

He will stay, he will play, he will impress and knowing full well he will go next summer on a free and earn that last pay day, and good luck to him.

Lambert has 12 months to find a top CB and a leader.

• Like 1

Man United if they're smart should go for De Vrij, younger and will turn out to be a better player than Vlaar. 

All the press speculation seem to reporting this and not the interest in Vlaar, that's been banded around on here and other Villa forums - I think some fans are willing it to happen just to further moan how poor the club is being run.

(to be fair, the club is in a crap state of affairs!)

• Like 1

I can't believe people keep saying James Collins and Richard Dunne are better. Ron is a hero.

A hero? Really?

I don't see anyone saying Collins or Dunne are better?

Go back a few hundred pages and you will, 100%

I can't believe people keep saying James Collins and Richard Dunne are better. Ron is a hero.

People who do, must have an even worse drinking problem than those two clowns!

• Like 4

A hero? Really? 

I don't see anyone saying Collins or Dunne are better? 

I saw people saying similar in various Villa related places, not just VT. Yes, I believe he is a hero (which is below the legend status) and an inspirational figure for us. I will never forget Sunderland away this year when Ron returned clearly injured, also potentially putting his World Cup at risk for Villa's cause, but performed to his best for three points. Not to mention Ron's general conduct, supporting the young players with nasty injuries and being there for team mates/manager. It typifies the fella, a true professional and classy captain. How can anybody not like this guy? The guy really deserves more respect.

Furthermore, slot Roneth and Tekkers in the 09/10 team and we would have ruled the league.

Both Dunne and Collins have had better 2-year periods at Villa than Vlaar. Dunne also got into the team of the season. Them two had a season inwhich Villa allowed less than a goal per game on average. Ron was great in the world cup, but nowhere near that at Villa yet. 

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan
  • Like 1

Â