Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

We're so relegated this season.....

Because Vlaar can't take a penalty?

My sarcasm didn't translate there - that's internet forums.

Be cause these are Villa fans we are talking about, some people are ACTUALLY serious with the bollocks.

• Like 2

If he is still at VP at the start of the season I will be shocked.

I might add.. I would prefer to let him go for free at the end of the season. If he can stay 1 more year and keep us up.. give us time to get a new owner in. It could be worth a lot more than 5-6 million in now.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

If he is still at VP at the start of the season I will be shocked.

I might add.. I would prefer to let him go for free at the end of the season. If he can stay 1 more year and keep us up.. give us time to get a new owner in. It could be worth a lot more than 5-6 million in now.

we can't afford to sell him at the min for 10 million
  • Like 1

Wasn't that big a deal him going first - it's a bit like the last day of the Ryder Cup - it's great to have your top guys for the last couple of penalties but you still have to be in with a shout at that stage. Sure Sneijder missed his anyway....

Apparently Van Gaal asked 2 players to take the first penalty- who presumably refused- before Vlaar. Quote from Vlaar: 'I would never walk away from my responsibility. I wasn't nervous, I was focussed. But it must go in and it didn't'

• Like 1

Sneijder missed and he would have been more expected to score. Van l Gaal deserves some stick for sending Ron up first too. Ron is blameless but that won't help the personal trauma the poor bloke must be going through.

Hurry on back to Villa where you'll never have to suffer coming that agonisingly close to success again.

To be honest I can see why Ron had a great game tonight, his semi final league cup defeat against Bradford would have prepared him for the pressure of a world cup semi. Back to the big time now, Ron.

• Like 2

Vlaar is underrated on here.

Vlaar is overrated on here

Well there you go. I said that just over a month ago, has your opinion changed now?

On the international stage he is earning rave reviews tonight, from people not even associated with Villa.

• Like 1

Vlaar is underrated on here.

Vlaar is overrated on here

Well there you go. I said that just over a month ago, has your opinion changed now?

On the international stage he is earning rave reviews tonight, from people not even associated with Villa.

Barton slagged him for the pen on Twitter.

Being pissed on by Joey adds another 2 million to his value.

• Like 2

Â