Speculation: Andy Carroll

wiggyrichard

Randy will support the Club but Bucket loads of cash simply ain't going to happen, imo he is right to run the Club as a business.

Well it is a shame he took 4 years to start and then when he did he spent 2 years running it into the ground trying to correct his mistakes.

He got away with it by the skin of his teeth now it remains to be seen what sort of business he runs it as moving forward. One that he has a long term interest in and in which he invests accordingly or one that he keeps ticking over with a future sale in mind.

Time will tell which it is.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is asking for bucket loads of money? No one is expecting a repeat of the money MON spent, especially on wages.

What i don't think is acceptable is for a club like ours to simply survive, yet it seems some people are more than happy with this simply because Lerner is in charge.

We need sensible investment but it also needs to be consistent. We've come close to relegation 2 seasons in a row, whats poor investment in the squad going to do to ensure we're not that close again? What if we have a few injuries and we're not lucky enough to have 3 shit teams below us.

The notion that Lerner hasn't got the money but we should just be happy is absolutely shocking. Why would anyone want an owner who hasn't got any money to invest into the team?

No me personally, i believe the money is there, i don't see any reason to suggest Lerner is really struggling financially at the moment. And i'm still hopeful that there will be a decent amount of money given to lambert by the end of August. I just find it incredibly strange that some fans are so happy to give Lerner a free pass.

We need sensible investment but it also needs to be consistent. We've come close to relegation 2 seasons in a row, whats poor investment in the squad going to do to ensure we're not that close again? What if we have a few injuries and we're not lucky enough to have 3 shit teams below us.

So what figure would you class as sensible investment? So far we've brought in 3 players for £8million-ish ... Isn't that sensible investment? Also, the window is not over yet.

This is a thread about Andy Carroll, would you consider 15-18m on Carroll as sensible investment?

I think Randy and Lambert have done okay so far, think we need to wait til the end of the window before we can really judge.

If Lambert was desperate for a £10m player and Randy just said no I'd be pretty concerned, but so far there's nothing to suggest that any of this has taken place...

Surely these are conversations that need to be had after August 31st?

How can people slate Randy by assuming that he won't invest until after he has had the chance to do that? Pretty sure Gazton said that after the Vlaar debacle there will be a clamp down on leaks from the club so we are unlikely to know anything until deals are more or less done.

In terms of levels of investment it is down to people's opinions on how much the squad needs strengthening. Personally I think/hope that Lambert has some key areas in mind to strengthen before the deadline and is working on getting the best players in that provide quality and value to our team.

Time will tell.

So what figure would you class as sensible investment? So far we've brought in 3 players for £8million-ish ... Isn't that sensible investment? Also, the window is not over yet.

This is a thread about Andy Carroll, would you consider 15-18m on Carroll as sensible investment?

I think Randy and Lambert have done okay so far, think we need to wait til the end of the window before we can really judge.

If Lambert was desperate for a £10m player and Randy just said no I'd be pretty concerned, but so far there's nothing to suggest that any of this has taken place...

Good shout.

:) Is there anyone we've been linked with that you'd rather have Andy Carroll instead?

I know this isn't aimed at me, but I'm going to answer anyway :winkold:

In truth, none of the strikers we've been linked to have particularly excited me, in fact I would say that Carroll is probably one of the best strikers we are currently linked with.

However, I don't feel the money we would spend on the transfer fee or wages would justify his ability and what he could do for us. I think there are better and cheaper options out there, they just won't be "proven in the Premier League" as I see many a poster saying like this is for some reason a necessity for us. It does seem some people class "proven in the Premier League" as a player who has played in the league for a few seasons regardless of whether or not they're any good. I'm particularly thinking of Carroll and Kenwyne Jones by the way.

I know this isn't aimed at me, but I'm going to answer anyway

In truth, none of the strikers we've been linked to have particularly excited me, in fact I would say that Carroll is probably one of the best strikers we are currently linked with.

However, I don't feel the money we would spend on the transfer fee or wages would justify his ability and what he could do for us. I think there are better and cheaper options out there, they just won't be "proven in the Premier League" as I see many a poster saying like this is for some reason a necessity for us. It does seem some people class "proven in the Premier League" as a player who has played in the league for a few seasons regardless of whether or not they're any good. I'm particularly thinking of Carroll and Kenwyne Jones by the way.

That sounds like a good Answer :thumb:

Onto Lerner what he did last year was disgusting. In the last 3 years we have made a profit in transfers of around £10 million. This team needs investment. It needs investment because of his mistakes. His mistakes nearly cost us our Premier League status.

Remember we made £20 million last year on signings, all that should be made available, if not...Lerners days here should be done.

Lerner bought himself some relief from the fans by sacking McLeish and bringing in a manager the majority were behind but all that positivity will quickly vanish if he doesn't invest and we end up seeing the same shit as last year. That's just the way of the football fan!

:) Is there anyone we've been linked with that you'd rather have Andy Carroll instead?

In fairness, had we actually been linked to any of the players we've bought so far?

I wouldn't put much credence into any lingering links to players like Fletcher, Carroll, Jones, et al

Onto Lerner what he did last year was disgusting. In the last 3 years we have made a profit in transfers of around £10 million. This team needs investment. It needs investment because of his mistakes. His mistakes nearly cost us our Premier League status.

Remember we made £20 million last year on signings, all that should be made available, if not...Lerners days here should be done.

Has to be the most ridiculous post I've ever read on this site. Lerner has invested more of his own money on transfer fees than any other chairman in our history. He simply doesn't deserve such factually ignorant comments as this.

Onto Lerner what he did last year was disgusting. In the last 3 years we have made a profit in transfers of around £10 million

conveniently forgetting the £200m odd losses made by the club during his time that he's paid for?

Yes and if I'm honest, I haven't been too excited either.

In fairness actually, I was slightly excited by Carroll because he's still young, his aerial ability and he does have a presence. But his negatives like his attitude that results in his laziness does worry me plus it made me surprise Lambert would be interested in him.

I agree with you entirely, I think there are cheaper and better options out there but they'll be 'unproven' and bringing in another unproven player may dip the overall fan feeling of optimism, which could effect confidence. I don't know.

That sounds like a good Answer :thumb:

A very good answer :) I take it you're seconding it as your reply then? :lol:

In fairness, had we actually been linked to any of the players we've bought so far?

I wouldn't put much credence into any lingering links to players like Fletcher, Carroll, Jones, et al

Yes I think this is the thing, none of them have been extremely strong links, just speculation, so who know?....Paul Lambert :D

Onto Lerner what he did last year was disgusting. In the last 3 years we have made a profit in transfers of around £10 million

conveniently forgetting the £200m odd losses made by the club during his time that he's paid for?

And who's fault was it for us having the worst season for 25 years. We were lucky we stayed up we were awful, because he pissed his money up against the wall.