Speculation: Andy Carroll

wiggyrichard

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, I personally think it's never been about not having the funds available, but ensuring the wage bill is even. Getting rid of what we've got before we can bring some more in just makes sense. Also, if we were to get lots of players in and concentrate the later stages of the transfer window desperately trying to get rid of players then we are in a weak bargaining position meaning we'd get less money for what the player's worth and also potentially strengthening a rival club whilst saving them some of their funds to strengthen even more.

It just makes sense. We've got time left in the window, despite CI running around like a headless chicken an overreacting like a child.

If we are struggling to come up with €4m for Vlaar I'm fairly sure this can be ruled out , right?

That's a very big assumption you've made there.

Well considering the 'cheap as chips' players we've been signing its probably true though.

If we are struggling to come up with €4m for Vlaar I'm fairly sure this can be ruled out , right?

Well considering the 'cheap as chips' players we've been signing its probably true though.

I'll wait until the end of the window to make that assumption.

BY this stage under MON we wouldn't have spent a penny yet...

Isn't Carroll on 80k a week ?

This really is a non runner

Sometimes when players aren't wanted at a club, they move from one club to another whilst taking a pay cut. This could easily happen in this situation.

I don't think any other team on the planet would give Carroll 80k a week.

Yea sorry I put that the wrong way. But we will have to shift an awful lot of 'deadwood' to be able to afford Carrolls wages.

I'll wait until the end of the window to make that assumption.

BY this stage under MON we wouldn't have spent a penny yet...

We say that sort of guff every year only to end up disappointed.

For ****'s sake. If you dont see a point in this thread being open and question it's validity, just stop posting in it.

It seems every other post is asking for it to be closed directly or indirectly and it's getting mighty tedious.

It's a valid link at this point however likely or otherwise. The manager has said he'd like to get him. The player is potentially available. Liverpool owe us money.

I dont think somebody with no knowledge of the potential of this deal saying "I dont think this will happen" is grounds for closing the thread to be honest.

I dont recall but was there a similar thread for Darren Bent? With every other post saying this will never happen?

Why not just wait and see if it develops and discuss it's footballing merits in the meantime?

Wages aside it could also be down to the fact we have 10 defenders. Vlaar would make that 11.. Sure in a wasteful Man City side 11-12 defenders is fine, but a typical team needs only 8. They need two for each position. So there are at least 2-3 in that back four that are surplus to requirements and maybe Lerner see's that.