Speculation: Andy Carroll

wiggyrichard

And Newcastle, having struggled financially since being relegated and spending most of what they could from the Carroll transfer elsewhere would probably tell them bollocks. But its a fair point. I would still say Newcastle is his most likely destination. But not his only option.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they owe Newcastle far more. In fact Liverpool should just give him back and say forget the xx m we owe you, take him back

According to one of my Liverpool supporting mates they have paid Newcastle £22m. However, Liverpool are apparently claiming that they want the £22m back for Carroll to flog him to the Geordies. He then said that this would also cancel down the remaining £13m Liverpool owe them, which just doesn't make sense financially. No way would Newcastle give Liverpool £35m back for Carroll.

I would say £20m tops. Offer £12-15m depending on the balance from the Downing sale and tell them to take it bugger off.

I'm sure they owe Newcastle far more. In fact Liverpool should just give him back and say forget the xx m we owe you, take him back

The talk up here in Geordieland is that Liverpool don't actually owe anything for the Carroll transfer.

It could be bollocks, but I've heard that it was a "cash" deal which was funded by the "cash" deal of Torres to Chelsea and was the main reason for the on again/ off again nature of that deal on transfer deadline day.

This is what I heard on the day of the transfer, so at least it's not some excellent Geordie revisionism.

The talk up here in Geordieland is that Liverpool don't actually owe anything for the Carroll transfer.

It could be bollocks, but I've heard that it was a "cash" deal which was funded by the "cash" deal of Torres to Chelsea and was the main reason for the on again/ off again nature of that deal on transfer deadline day.

This is what I heard on the day of the transfer, so at least it's not some excellent Geordie revisionism.

quotes from there MD derek llambias regarding carroll and the fee (these were from a hidden recording)

“I have to admit that £30M for Andy Carroll is a lot of money.” “Is he worth £30m?” “No — he’s worth f*** all.”

“It is about control.” “We had the control. We knew the Torres deal was there.” “We drew that f****** deal, perhaps the ultimate.”

“So £30m? F*** off! Don’t waste my time and I slammed the phone down.” “£35M? Everybody including Alan Pardew all agreed.”

“But the £35M they wanted to pay over four years. It was rubbish. Mike Ashley said — and he is a brave boy Mike I promise you — get all the £35M up front.”

“We got it all up front and then they never paid us on time and we charged them 12 grand f****** interest.”

For 5-8m??? Get him in that's a steal tbh and I would have though the money saved on the transfer fee could go onto wages!!!

No, £5m-£8m is what Liverpool are supposed to still owe us for Downing, not Carroll's price.

For 5-8m??? Get him in that's a steal tbh and I would have though the money saved on the transfer fee could go onto wages!!!

No, £5m-£8m is what Liverpool are supposed to still owe us for Downing, not Carroll's price.

They won't owe it for too much longer, they have to pay soon, PL rules dictate this iirc. You can only pay 50% and a further 50% in 12 months time iirc

It's interesting though. Say they owe us £8m and they want £20m for Carroll. We waive the debt, give them £7m and have the rest dependent on performance over the next couple of years. It's do-able, in theory.

He's on £65,000 a week. According to Liverpool fans anyway.

Please, stop posting in this thread if you're so certain its a non starter.

We dont need to read the same post 50 times.

Or Dunne to anybody.

Good point. Horrific that we have a CB pairing on probably 100k/week between them. We could get Williams and Vlaar in for half that amount and still have a good chunk left to put towards signing Carroll.

CI - If you're saying forget about Carroll why can't you do the same thing? Telling someone to forget about a subject, then continue to post on that subject yourself is a bit odd isn't it?