Speculation: Andy Carroll

wiggyrichard

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because Liverpool spent £37M (?) on Carroll doesn't mean he is worth anywhere near that! If we signed him for £5M i'd be happy, below that he's a bargain, above £10M becomes silly money.

Him and Bent together? Yeah, maybe! Just maybe...

Last time I checked west hams overall net debt was less than £50m

Ours sits at over £110m, including what was it a £54m loss posted in our last set of accounts

Your understanding of finance is consistent with your understanding of everything else.

Page 30? wow, anyone would think we're genuinely interested. Sure I saw quotes over two weeks ago from Lambert denying interest.

you didnt

lambert said we would be interested if he was available, but that there was nothing else to it

Page 30? wow, anyone would think we're genuinely interested. Sure I saw quotes over two weeks ago from Lambert denying interest.

you didnt

lambert said we would be interested if he was available, but that there was nothing else to it

I did, sort of

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has dismissed reports that his club are among those looking to offer Michael Owen a Premier League lifeline.

Owen is a free agent following his release by Manchester United and announced on Tuesday that he is 'getting closer to finding a new club'.

Speculation has suggested that Villa may be prepared to take a punt on the former England international, but Lambert insists the 32-year-old does not figure on his summer shopping list.

"No, that won't happen," he told the Birmingham Mail.

"There was no enquiry from us, I don't know where that one came from.

"That's a non-starter. He's a top player, no doubt, a really top player, but that's for another team."

Lambert has also sought to distance himself from reports claiming that Villa would be willing to discuss a loan deal for Liverpool striker Andy Carroll.

He added: "There's nothing on Andy Carroll, no."

By what qualification is it mild interest? And how does that mean Carroll isnt interested?
Mild interest here is defined as expressing admiration for a player, yet stopping short of running after them furiously waving large wads of million pound notes.

How it (probably) means Carroll isn't interested is that if he were, we would probably be signing him given the mild interest, the 8 million owed by Liverpool and the fact that we need a striker.

His words were: "There's nothing on Andy Carroll, no."

not: "We aren't interested in AC"

or

"We're chatting to Liverpool about AC"

Liverpool want rid; We need a striker. Only two things can stand in the way of us getting him: Failure to agree a fee, and him not fancying the move. Somehow the wording of "There's nothing on Andy Carroll, no." doesn't sound like a fee issue to me. Could be wrong, but...

that doesnt say he's not interested

Since PL has already expressed mild interest in AC, what that probably says is that Carroll isn't interested. Que sorpresa.

no, it could mean any number of things

we're talking to him but there's nothing to talk about

we're talking to liverpool but there's nothing to talk about

we're interested but he has to chat to the chairman about it first

we've spoken to the player and he's off thinking about it, so nothing to talk about

and so on and so forth

it could very well mean what you're saying, but there's nothing to say one way or the other. all we know is what he said, at that point there was nothing on andy carroll

Dub away, but I doubt I'm alone in thinking that "There's nothing on Andy Carroll, no." just sounds a LEEEETLE like "He hasn't been in touch".

It could mean anything. It could mean that Lambert wont say anything until Carroll is all but signed.

I dont see how it specifically means he hasn't been in touch.

Really don't think we will be signing this player. I will be very surprised if we make any big money big wage signings this window.

On top of that, if Carroll moves it will be back to his hometown, there is no reason at all for him to chose us over them.