Speculation: Andy Carroll

wiggyrichard

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really when people keep posting on here suggesting he's a viable target

He isn't, so rather than getting people all excited we need the reality balance

So every time you think a player is not coming the thread should be closed?

Not really when people keep posting on here suggesting he's a viable target

He isn't, so rather than getting people all excited we need the reality balance

Paul Lambert has said he could be interested in a deal. Liverpool have all but said he is available for transfer.

He is a viable target, whether you say so or not.

If you don't like it then you should go and post in one of the many threads for the players who are nailed on to join us. Good luck there though because at the moment, however unlikely, Carroll appears to be one of the likelier deals to be made.

Our **** MANAGER said he wouldn't rule it out. Now I don't know who to believe, our manager or some gobshite on a forum.

Though I would not bet money on Carroll being in B6 next year, I agree with Mazrim.

To dismiss this out of hand after our Managers comments would imo be foolhardy.

He's on £65,000 a week. According to Liverpool fans anyway.

Please, stop posting in this thread if you're so certain its a non starter.

We dont need to read the same post 50 times.

This works both ways and debate requires a discussion has at least two points of view, it'd be mightily boring otherwise. So can we just accept the fact that some people will believe we should go for him and that others will believe that wages &/or fee will be a stumbling block. From the evidence available, both are perfectly valid view points.

He's on £65,000 a week. According to Liverpool fans anyway.

Please, stop posting in this thread if you're so certain its a non starter.

We dont need to read the same post 50 times.

This works both ways and debate requires a discussion has at least two points of view, it'd be mightily boring otherwise. So can we just accept the fact that some people will believe we should go for him and that others will believe that wages &/or fee will be a stumbling block. From the evidence available, both are perfectly valid view points.

I've never questioned that the wages may be a stumbling block, only the amount he's supposed to be on (which is in line with our top earners for what it's worth)

I have questioned people asking why the thread is even open every hour on the hour. That's what I call mightily boring.

Just how many times do we need to read "Derpppp.... why is this thread open, he ain't comin!"?

No, a facepalm is for general disbelief.
Perhaps. But an EPIC facepalm would surely be for not getting a joke, which is to say you're welcome to palm your face, but the use of the word "epic" suggests belief in a superiority of position which is not necessarily manifest by our respective points of view as currently held. 8)

The joke, I should maybe explain, is that no matter what the manager may say about signing AC, you're probably better off believing the sceptics, no matter how gobshitey they may be.