Speculation: Andy Carroll

wiggyrichard

Our **** MANAGER said he wouldn't rule it out. Now I don't know who to believe, our manager or some gobshite on a forum.

This time, the gobshite.

Awful humble of you :lol:

Hmm. To my KNOWLEDGE I have never been called a gobshite by anyone. I am not the gobshite you are looking for.

:suspect: Or was that a joke and I'm now lined up for epic facepalm?

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they owe Newcastle far more. In fact Liverpool should just give him back and say forget the xx m we owe you, take him back

According to one of my Liverpool supporting mates they have paid Newcastle £22m. However, Liverpool are apparently claiming that they want the £22m back for Carroll to flog him to the Geordies. He then said that this would also cancel down the remaining £13m Liverpool owe them, which just doesn't make sense financially. No way would Newcastle give Liverpool £35m back for Carroll.

I would say £20m tops. Offer £12-15m depending on the balance from the Downing sale and tell them to take it bugger off.

Thats incorrect. We have paid the entire £35m to newcastle. Nearly all of it was paid up front in one installment as was all of the Torres fee.

We owe you around £8m for Downing and the person who got all the Downing stuff spot in frightening detail plus other LFC stuff since, has told me that Villa would be an attractive option for LFC due to the money owed on Downing.

He said wiping the debt plus a fee of £7-10m would probably be accepted. Carroll is on a basic weekly wage of £80,000 but is willing to take a SMALL decrease in this, but he wasn't clear if this for all clubs who guarantee him as a starter or just Newcastle.

Newcastle still favourites for obvious reasons but my best, educated guess is that we would prefer Villa for reasons outlined above.

I trust this guy 100% and although he only tell us a small amount of info compared to those on Twitter, when he does he is almost certainly spot on.

Mind, I am not saying Carroll will join Villa, or even that Villa are favourites, just simply that we would be attracted to a deal with Villa because of the Downing fee outstanding and that we though definitely still owe you money for this.

He hadn't heard about us having an upcoming deadline of payment of the outstanding Downing fee.

Also, we and Newcastle are MILES off agreeing a fee, and they are never going to offer the £17m (not £20m media bullshit. Yanks aren't bothered about taking big loses on players, only wages) I don't think, its just Carroll could say "Newcastle or no-one".

Not saying we are in for him, not saying a bid would be accepted, not saying we would match what he would want, not saying he would come.

He does fit the current make up of young hungry point to prove players. What he has in addition is proven pl quality

Not saying we are in for him, not saying a bid would be accepted, not saying we would match what he would want, not saying he would come.

He does fit the current make up of young hungry point to prove players. What he has in addition is proven pl quality

I doubt the hungry bit.

It took him ages to get into match fitness this season and apparently he wasn't so great at training at Liverpool.

If there is any truth to the rumour concerning Carroll i still can't see how he and Bent would be able to work together as a partnership?

That said if we only had to pay 7-10m plus the remainder of the Downing fee then it would give us so many more options going forward but Carroll would only come to us if he was guaranteed to start and not to sit on the bench.

It would also show our intent to other Premiership clubs and of course our ambitions to players we might be interested in so it might be worth it if Lambert could get a Carroll Bent partnership to work?

Didn't use Bent's name first for obvious reasons. :)

Another small possible advantage is that Americans like to do business with other Americans. Or rather there's more common business language between them.

I also think it will be difficult for Liverpool to swallow letting Carroll go back to Newcastle on the cheap. For pride's sake they'll look elsewhere, even if it's the same deal.

Of course, if Carroll is dead set on going back to Newcastle or nothing then there isn't much we can do about it, or Liverpool for that matter. He's under contract and doesn't have to move anywhere, although it will kill his career to sit out of squads on matchdays.

But I'd like to think he'll be professional and keep his options open. And I'd like to think we're one of them. I'm pretty sure we are in fact.

That Downing money is the trump card.

Or rather there's more common business language between them.

I know Geordies are a bit hard to understand at times but they do technically still speak English

Even if we bid 10m + 8m from whats left over from Downing, he would still be costing us £18m. He isnt worth that. He's worth about 7-10m but his ridiculously over inflated fee to Liverpool would mean we are paying an over-inflated fee for him. People moan that we could have gotten more for our £24m than Bent. We can CERTAINLY get more for 18m than Carroll. Cisse and Ba came in at a combined £10m for Newcastle, I personally dont think Lambert will move for Carroll.

If we're going to overspend on an English striker it may as well be Sturridge who has proven he can score goals for more than 5 months in the PL.

West Ham my arse. They dont have that sort of money. They're still massively in debt.

Glass houses

Oh look, more Fisher Price philosophy from the court jester

We're much, much better off financially than West Ham. Obviously.

West Ham my arse. They dont have that sort of money. They're still massively in debt.

Glass houses

Oh look, more Fisher Price philosophy from the court jester

We're much, much better off financially than West Ham. Obviously.

Not if CI says we aren't.

Page 30? wow, anyone would think we're genuinely interested. Sure I saw quotes over two weeks ago from Lambert denying interest.

Last time I checked west hams overall net debt was less than £50m

Ours sits at over £110m, including what was it a £54m loss posted in our last set of accounts

Last time I checked west hams overall net debt was less than £50m

Ours sits at over £110m, including what was it a £54m loss posted in our last set of accounts

We also depreciated players contracts by £34m in the accounts. That isn't actually a loss, but just a way of recording figures. If you add the £12m paying off managers on top of this then you have £46m vs a loss of £54m.

Our wage bill is now a lot smaller... which could easily make up the remaining £8m.

So, you say glass houses... I say absolutely no issue here right now.

This might be stating the obvious, but if Villa starts generating profits then we should all be jumping up and down demanding investment. As it stands, despite the last £54m loss, I believe we are actually in a healthy position and certainly am not worried.