General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General ever since my post about the Official Site, it appears to be updated constantly with good content. Did you give somebody a kick up the arse or what?

Another question: At what point during the signing process do you meet the new player. Are you typically part of the welcoming party at Bodymoor? or do you tend to meet them later? Also I'd love to know what reactions new players have when they discover the 31st Commandant of the United States Marine Corps is lurking around the training facilities no doubt bench pressing Marlon Harewoods body weight? Does it take a bit of explaining?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how the wife of the 31st Commandant of the United States Marine Corps would feel if she caught him lurking around any of these sites on her birthday.

Enjoy your days off General, and if you do get the urge to post there's a thread somewhere for those of us that have been in trouble with our better halves through football!

General

Cheers

PS. Please do me a favour and wish Gareth Barry and his family all the best when he goes, as much as he's let us down from a football point of view and i hope he regrets his choices down the line. The bloke has never let the club down before and when all said and done played a big part in starting us in the right direction. In the scheme of things we all get our heads turned by ' the grass is greener' at times.

Please for the sake of football do not, barry has moaned MORE than ronaldo, he did no interview... he signed a contract, got offered a BETTER ONE and still tried to make us let him off with the contract that he signed and we were paying.

Also general, if you see Seb Latter, or w/e his name his, please punch him, he calls rich footballers slaves to a contract they chose to sign.

:| :| :| :| :| cheers

On the season ticket note General,

Before the end of last season, vibes were coming out of Villa Park that season tickets would be capped at so many thousand...

Now i had already renewed my season ticket, but a few guys i knew recieved their letter in the post with " their allocated time slot " , a one off chance to buy a season ticket.

Is this because season tickets didn't get renewed at that capped rate, or was it all one hell of a fantastic marketing plan? If so, genius!

Hi General,

Hope you are keeping well and your dad too. Has he got his hands on a Villa shirt before the rest of us as been as you have inside influence at the club? I know I would be asking for one if I was him :winkold:

I agree with giving GB our thanks for his years of service for the club. It is a shame that this saga has turned out the way it has but we cannot deny that he served the club well for the past 10 seasons. I look at it this way, Mellberg cost us £5m and left for nothing after 7 years service. Barry cost us something like £1m and will bring in close to £18m after 10 years service so who was better for the club overall? I wish he would have decided to stay and get into the Champions League with us but I guess that his head has been turned in some way and so we have to accept his decision and just hope that it doesn't hinder Villa's progress onwards and upwards. BTW the above is not a dig at Ollie because that guy was and always will be a favourite player of mine. He was awesome for the Villa and his parting gift at West Ham said everything about the player has a man!

One last thing General. You say you have no say in transfer policy but Villa have agreed a deal for the USA keeper Brad Guzan. I just wish to know how much the club have paid you in agent's fees! :winkold:

Thanks for admitting that even Senior (I mean rank) Military men get it in the neck off the missus just like the rest of us!

Hi General,

Was just wondering if you knew the proper pronunciation for Delfouneso? The guy on AVTV goes for Delfonso, but I've heard others go for Del-foo-nay-so. Do you know the way it's supposed to be pronounced? Or could you find out for us, as no doubt he'll be making his debut this season so it'd be good to know his name! I remember when Darius Vassell came through there was some confusion and this one is far more difficult!

Thanks

Paddy

General i have to say that the marketing department have done well with this idea of the team photo when buying a Villa shirt. This will be the first time in years i have brought a shirt and it is only because of the Acorns deal but i was going to buy the cheaper shirt from another retail outlet (even with the free offer of a bag etc) but the team photo idea has made my mind up for me and i think a few will do the same. Cracking idea!

How do you fancy appearing alongside our first team stars in a massive team photo?

If the answer is yes, your first task is to buy a new home shirt from Villa Park, our City Centre Store on New Street or online at www.avfc.co.uk.

Once you have purchased your shirt, featuring our new charity partner Acorns, take your receipt to our marquee at the stadium on July 24-27 to be snapped in small groups.

These images will then form a giant mural, including our first team stars, in a huge Villa wall that will be displayed at the stadium next season.

Supporters can pre-order the much-anticipated 2008-09 home Villa replica shirt in store and online NOW.

0,,10265~3711060,00.jpg

General.

I have a very cheeky question indeed and i dont really know why im asking this as im certain what the answer would be, but i have always lived by the saying "If you dont ask, you dont get!".

Myself and my work colleagues are organising a charity football for cancer research. If you remember my Lil brother was recently diagnosed with cancer (which i now know is the hodgkins disease brand), so me and a few guys decided to come up with idea.

I was wondering, would it be possible to use Bodymoor Heaths old training pitches for the game.... ? If not Villa Park would do, hehe ;)

We intend to make it an official event with cancer research and each player will be donating £5 to play in the game and the rest will either be raised by sponsorship or spectator fee's.

Hi General

Is there a timescale in place whereby we tell the scouser's to do one and tell Mr Barry to beg for mercy and work his balls off for AVFC? The situation as it stands cannot continue for much longer, it is of no benefit to anyone.

General,

I know you tend not to talk to much about transfers however i have noticed you have said certain things about certain deals, naming the David Bentley one when you stated that we have placed the highest bid for the player.

I was just wondering, if you knew if MON had a number in his head of potential signings he would actually like to bring in? I know what you want and what you get is two differant things but it would be nice to have a idea..

Thank you.

Hi General.

First time poster on this thread. I went on the AVFC website to look for an infant kit for my 3 months old girl, but seems like the Sponsor logo is only on the adult kits and none for infants and the kids version? And I rang up the Villa sales team and this lady has also confirm there is no sponsor logo on the infants kit.

I mean this is not a big deal but I would love to have the logo on the infant kit too especially it is for good causes and the kit does look a bit weird without the logo.

Otherwise great job for all involve and all the best!!! (especially with transfers)

Hi Sir,

Before I get on to the subject, can I say how much I respect the job you are doing for our club-especially appreciate the recognition you are giving us Military guys (you are teaching a few institutions in this country a thing or two about that!).

Anyway, on to the real reason for the post. Having looked on avfc.com, I believe there is no supporters' club covering Hampshire. I don't want to sound like i'm begging for anything here but can the club help out at all if we were to try and set one up?

Cheers

General Krulak here:

1. Just back from San Diego and seeing my 96 year old father...he is doing well. YES, he definitely knows about Villa...I took him a kit when I went.

2. Season Tickets: Bill Howell is wrong!!!! We are ahead of schedule on our ST sales...we are over 24,000 as of today. Not sure where he got his info but I can assure you, he is wrong.

3. Trekker: That comment was not mine...it was, in fact, a paraphrase of some things I said. I cannot take credit for something I didn't say.

4. Wrafey: Please contact Duncan Riddle at the Club...tell him I asked you to call. Explain the situation and see if he can do something for you.

5. Sponsor logo on infant kit: There are some parents who indicated they did not want the sponsor's logo on the infant kit...for various reasons that may or may not be obvious. What we have decided to do is offer to put the logo on, at NO cost, if the parents want a kit with the logo.

6. PaulMcGrathMyLord: Again, call Duncan Riddle and see if he can help you.

Guessing you'll be back on here soon, so welcome back, trust you had a good trip. You must have clocked up some airmiles in your various careers! Will you be adding more in a trip to odense? & are affected by jetlag or do you get used to it?

After the bentley transfer coments & subsequent misunderstanding, i was wondering, have you ever considered coming here under an alias? If you posted in the ITK thread, you'd get a reputation as a clairvoyant!

General, great to have you on this board.

I have a suggestion: Maybe you could put a donation link on the avfc.co.uk site to our shirt sponsor Acorn, so that we can donate some smaller amounts of cash, or bigger for those who have deep pockets :), via Paypal or some other service.

I am sure it would make it easier for the fans to make some contributions to a good case.

Hey general, thanks again for your support in my wishes i really appreciate it.

I also want to bring to your attention by a villa fan who wrote in todays evening mail about MON, yourself and randy lerner. He basically said that under MON we will need be a top 4 club because when Randy took over, we were promised world class signing and instead we get premiership has beens and we will end up like Leicester City of old.

He also slated Randy Lerners contributions to the club as gimmicks and not true to his word in signing world class players, and the part that left me fuming the most was your lack of knowledge of football!.

Ofcourse us true fans know the exact truth and these sort of comments from fans really really annoy me. I believe in freedom in speech and all, but this guy is completely dellusional (riught word/spelling?).

Long live General Krulak and his troops :D

General Krulak here:

1. Just back from San Diego and seeing my 96 year old father...he is doing well. YES, he definitely knows about Villa...I took him a kit when I went.

2. Season Tickets: Bill Howell is wrong!!!! We are ahead of schedule on our ST sales...we are over 24,000 as of today. Not sure where he got his info but I can assure you, he is wrong.

3. Trekker: That comment was not mine...it was, in fact, a paraphrase of some things I said. I cannot take credit for something I didn't say.

4. Wrafey: Please contact Duncan Riddle at the Club...tell him I asked you to call. Explain the situation and see if he can do something for you.

5. Sponsor logo on infant kit: There are some parents who indicated they did not want the sponsor's logo on the infant kit...for various reasons that may or may not be obvious. What we have decided to do is offer to put the logo on, at NO cost, if the parents want a kit with the logo.

What a smashing idea!!!! Can this be done to my 07/08 away jersey to make it a 08/09 third kit?? :D