General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General, in regards to the Euro prices on the site can you get somebody to get moving on this, i would love to buy the new kits from the official site but if i buy it over here (Ireland) it will cost me about €70 with a name and number, it works out at about €100 from the official site. I don't need to go into the economic difficulties everyone is facing at the moment but i could do with that €30.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

I think sometimes in the haze of transfer windows people forget what a great job yourself, Mon and Randy have done for this club in such a short time & I'd like to thank you for all you've given to the fans. It's truely appreciated.

I can't see how there is any reason to doubt the club's transfer dealings as to date we have achieved great success form the signings we've made, while building a good name for the club using English talent as a base. I'm sure we'll look back at the end of this season and thank you once more.

THANK YOU, and please pass on our thanks to Martin & Randy.

General Krulak here:

1. The August 31st date was not mine...that was the question I was asked, so I answered. You are absolutely correct about the 16th but...I answered the question given.

2. How many players do I think we need? Not sure why that would matter. This goes to the heart of my argument...as a fan, I try not to think that I know more than the Manager. He knows what he needs, what he has in the pipe-line, what the future plans are, etc. etc. If I start saying things like..."we need 9 players to get in the right position for the season" what does that mean?? What do I base it on?? Me being able to count? Me being able to see who is there? Seriously, I would just be pulling a number out of my bum by looking at the side and trying to figure out what MON thinks we need and why. That is a waste of my time....and presupposes that I know more than MON.

General Krulak here:

I would just be pulling a number out of my bum by looking at the side and trying to figure out what MON thinks we need and why. That is a waste of my time....and presupposes that I know more than MON.

I think thats what most of the fans are doing too General. I think that the premiership itself has been very quiet so far on the transfer front, all clubs are trying to hold onto there best players, and as Villa are proving with GB if they bidding clubs dont stump up the asking price no deal.

BTW was Mrs K included in the players registered for Intertoto? :lol:

On a light hearted transfer question General, I like many other Villa fans dream of certain players signing for our club at this time of the season, however unrealistic. My dream signing for the club over the last few years has been and still is - ‘Thierry Henry’. Just imagine him and John Carew up front together!

Anyway, with your rose tinted Villa supporter glasses on General, is there one player who you would love the club to sign? If you don’t wish to provide Bill Howell with an exclusive General, you can cop out and provide the name of a past great if you like, as I’m sure this would be just as insightful.

Hi General, you may have missed my question from a couple of days ago and I would still be intrigued to see what your answer would be.

Thanks

I notice my post was deleted, maybe due to it not being pointed to the General...so with all due respect i would like to say, i love all the off field things yourself have done for the club, but would also like to point out that MON is playing a very dangerous and "stupid" game in my eyes in the transfer market. The mention of what other teams are doing are irrelevant to us because we are in drastic need of reinforcements...even though repeated a million times. MON looking for the "right" player etc. General K at the moment even decent squad players will do. The fans concerns and anxiety is greatly warranted as we love this club with all of our hearts and have seen ourselves waste too many opportunities to capitalise.

So...in conclusion...while you might not have any bearing on transfer policy, could you please send a whisper to Randy to give MON a slight nudhe up the backside on this one?!

Thanks and many blessings to yourself and the chairman.

From A rare Jamaican villa Fan living in Qatar!

General Krulak here:

1. JAMAICAN-VILLA: I hate to disagree with you mate but "even decent squad players" will not get us to where we need to be. Let's concentrate on getting the players MON feels we need...both for now and the future...before we start looking for fillers.

2. Who would I like to see us get? If I said someone, it would be on the front page of the B'ham Mail tomorrow.

General, in regards to the Euro prices on the site can you get somebody to get moving on this, i would love to buy the new kits from the official site but if i buy it over here (Ireland) it will cost me about €70 with a name and number, it works out at about €100 from the official site. I don't need to go into the economic difficulties everyone is facing at the moment but i could do with that €30.
If you want it straight away what you need to do is to choose the sterling option on the OS and pay it,. your credit card company will give you the current rate at the moment .I haven't done this ..(still waiting for an answer from the general) and don't know what you will be charged but it would def represent a saving to figure out which is the best rate.

Hi General.

1. I'm sure you're aware of this but I'll post it anyway - for every person with unrealistic views on what is and isn't possible with transfers there are lots more of us that are happy leaving the flying of the plane to the qualified pilots and have every faith we will arrive at our destination in the smoothest and quickest way possible and theres no reason to think anyone in charge would want anything different to that.

2. I'm taking my little brother (13) to his first football match on Saturday, he's really looking forward to it and so am I. Is there any chance he could be welcomed over the PA? He's had a few problems recently that I don't wish to bore you with and that would make his year and also make him a lifelong Villa supporter.

Thanks for your help.

General, I know many people have already said this but I just wanted to give a (another!) "big up" to Nicky Keye who has been very helpful , friendly and cheerful in helping me solve a problem I had.

Good helpful people who are also cheery and friendly are a big asset to Villa. Hev

Fair play for continuing to respond to questions on here General. At this time of year and with the perceived total lack of action re signings (for the second summer running) you're going to be answering the same old questions over and over again.

I haven't lost faith with MON, he is delivering for us on the pitch big time and I admire and support his refusal to go after players that he can easily attract.

That said, we are in a right old mess now IMO. I wouldn't want to be MON at this moment in time. He has got an almost impossible task on his hands now getting all this quality in on time. The number of players we need is TEN at the very very minimum. Our squad size is farcical.

MON is either confident or crazy!

General Krulak here:

1. dirk1978: I don't think it would be possible to put a "welcome" on the PA...it would start a precedent that would be hard to keep up.

2. thediddygambler: I am not sure how to comment on your post. I have put down my thoughts so many times that I think I probably say them in my sleep. No wonder Mrs. "K" is so mad at me. Neither you nor I, fretting and fuming or exuding confidence, are going to change the path we are on. Let MON do his thing.

General Krulak here:

1. dirk1978: I don't think it would be possible to put a "welcome" on the PA...it would start a precedent that would be hard to keep up.

NP Gen. Thanks anyway. Sorry for putting you in a difficult position.

General Krulak here:

NP Gen. Thanks anyway. Sorry for putting you in a difficult position.

Dirk, why not try and contact reception (0121 327 2299) and see what they say, I'm sure they announce birthdays and welcome corporate guests, They might sort something out, Worth a try :)

General, thanks for your patience dealing with the complaints and endless restatements of the same few questions. You are patient with people who think if they phrase it just the right way they'll box you into giving an answer you would rather not give. Thanks for putting up with that foolishness and keeping the connections open and available.

General, As an avid browns fan as well as a villa fan, Its still apparent that beau bell, is still negotiating terms with the browns, Would you say negotiations from your experience are more difficult in the premierleague or the NFL. Im sure I know the answer due to the vast ammounts of money players get paid in the NFL, but your opinion would be appreciated.

Looking forward to the brownies being back in camp tomorow, Wish I could go though :( damn living in england.

General quick Q about last season away shirt, on the villa website they are £19.15, i would buy 1 from the club shop but i can get it for £9.99 in JD sports and £15 in JJB but i dont want to give them my money rather spend it at the club shop. so just wondering will the price in the club shop be in line with the others soon?