General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Good afternoon General,

I bought three season tickets last year for myself and two friends. Now as you know people are unreliable, fickle and unpredictable, especially these two. So to save getting everyone together every few days I tend to do the monkey work. I.e. standing in queues, buying the tickets etc. Unfortunately each time I try and make alterations such as relocating the seats, getting paper copies of tickets, changing ownership of the ST etc. I have to get a signed statement from each ST holder, even though the seats were bought on my card and are registered to my address. As it's impractical to drive round getting signatures each time I just end up faking the letters which are always just accepted as wrote. (If I'd have given the name Mickey Mouse as one of the pair when I bought the tickets I'd have spent the last 12 months faking Mickey’s signature).

Would it be possible to introduce a scheme where season tickets could be grouped together with one or more being nominated as executors with the ability to make alterations? I would imagine something similar must exist between the adult/child tickets.

Sorry for the length of the rant but at least it's not transfer related.

P.S. Is it safe for me to get Henry printed on my shirt yet?

Kind Regards

Dogz.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. acorns w/o childrens hospice: We basically printed what the folks at acorns wanted...and they wanted the name. I can see why...because to print the rest would "clutter" up the message.

2. We do have a new GK shirt.

3. I am not sure why the baby's kit is minus the acorns...my sense is that the feeling was that putting acorns on a little tyke's shirt might cause a perception problem...similar to what you mentioned.

4. paulanddonya: I understand your frustration and I know Nicky will try to sort this out. At the same time, policies are made for a reason...to be fair to as many people as possible. The individual you initially spoke to was following policy to the best of their ability. They were not trying to be disrespectful...they were trying to follow their guidelines and to ensure that fairness was "across the board." At the same time, we DO realize the CRITICALITY of good customer service so Nicky will do all she can to sort this out.

5. We are working on pro-evolution.

6. The_Dogz_Danglies: I will see what Nicky thinks of the suggestion.

General , Sir,

Could you please advise if Villa are looking to join in the European Club Association (ECA ) in the near future?

As it could put us a good stead for the future?

General,

Just a minor suggestion, I mentioned this last year, why don't we have our squad photo after the transfer window?

I usually have it as my desktop, but it doesn't look all that good when the squads threadbare, with 4 or 5 face shots at the bottom due to the players joining after the photos were taken,

as i say, only a small suggestion, just thought i'd mention it :)

Edit: another thing, how come Taylor didn't model the keeper kit? it's abit harsh on him really if he wasn't asked?

5. We are working on pro-evolution.

I'd never thought of this General but can I add my voice that it would be good marketing, especially if it's just a case of us giving permission. A lot of people buy that game all over the world, and I believe they currently see us as 'West Midlands Village'!

you don't need to keep asking the same question over and over. Please give the General a chance to answer.

It is easier to keep track of questions and comments if people don't clog up the thread.

In this instance your question has already been asked and answered previously. There is a search link at the top of every page. enter "TV" and *krulak and you have your answer as follows 2. Randy and I have talked about TV several times. We are not sure that now is the time for starting a TV station for Villa. I think we believe we have more important "needs" for money right now....but that does not mean that we won't look at it in the future.

There is a search link at the top of every page. enter "TV" and *krulak and you have your answer. Thanks. Blandy

Gen

Thanks to you, Nicky Keye and my mom (coz she is the one paying for it !!) my son now has a season ticket next to me !!!!.

Nicky has reserved it for me, no problems - explained the procedure this year and also discussed the future plans, and how you believe it could work better.

I can't ask for anymore - and am very happy !. Not a lot more I can say, other than I can testify to anyone here who doubts - if you raise a concern, as long as it isn't daft, the club will try and help where possible.

Thanks again.

Paul

PS - Kevin Phillips has joined Small Heath - sorry, but I can't forgive that !!

Hi General,

Apologies if you've already given a definitive answer on this one. I seem to recall you saying someone at the club was looking into the possibility of Villa putting together a package for fans to get to and from Denmark / Finland for the Intertoto away leg.

Did anything come of this, or should those of us who'd like to travel make our own plans?

Cheers.

Steve Sidwell is a terrific signing, please thank Mon for his dogged pursuit of a long term target. Steve is your kind of player General, he's the kind of guy that you would want alongside you when you're going into battle. UP THE VILLA!!!!

Just phoned up to get my intertoto ticket General.

To be honest I think its a bit of a liberty to charge me a £1.50 booking fee when all the club need to do is press a button and activate my season ticket card. Don't you think the 15 quid alone should cover the ticket operators wages for "pressing a button"?

If the club had to send out tickets through the post then fair enough but charging £1.50 "booking fee" to the fans, who are already putting £15 quid, is a joke.

Hi General,

I have been a season ticket holder for ten years and last season i took my son to his first few games. As he was not a season ticket holder and only 7 I had to get a ticket for my sister aswell to accompany him. For this season I intended to get him the seat next to me as it was not held by anyone as a season card last term. I was told by the ticket office to put his name on a waiting list and to specify the seat required. As stated due to his age the only option was to get the seat next to me.However when I phoned up today as requested by letter from AVFC I was told the seat had been allocated to someone else who relocated days ago. When I pointed out that I had reserved the seat I was told this was not possible. However having seen the post by paulanddonya this is exactly what he did and he has got the seat he wanted.

Can you please explain why I have missed out as I will have a very disappointed 7 year old when he comes home from school.

Thanks

General

Regarding the song villa come up to has it been decided yet? after hearing Craig Armstrong - The Escape and watching our pumped up team totally destroy blues i think that should be our coming out anthem for next season.

Sorry, really didnt see the answer, will get to specsavers tommorow!

Anyways, i think it would be well worth it, maybe you could form a special relation with Setanta or Sky Sports, like arsenal have with setanta, giving setanta viewers arsenal tv. As have celtic and a couple of other clubs, noone with Sky Sports though i think.

- JoshC

General, the Official Site has become a running joke amongst the fan base with a lack of content and what content we have being frequently outdated, erroneous and simply worthless. I can't for the life of me understand why this is the case? In my own experience I run a music website that gets 150,000 unique visitors a day and between two of us part-time spending maybe 20-30 minutes each a day we manage to provide our visitors with a far superior service than the OS does. I met some bloke who apparently was responsible for the site during last summers tour he had some very good ideas and aspirations for what it should be, very few of which (other than the obvious re-design) have come to fruition. Something is very wrong. Either the club isn't investing the resources it should to give us a decent user experience, somebody is lazy and ripping the club off or our agreement with PremiumTV continues to hamstring us. We the fans expect much better and I hope we get in next season.

Could you please enlighten us:

What is the nature of our deal with PremiumTV?

Why does it appear we are partnered with them and are not running the site ourselves?

Does somebody at the club have sole responsibility for updating the site or is it outsourced?

Does the club have any plans to change how the site is managed/run in the near future?

Thanks in advance!

General Krulak here:

1. Walsal Villa: I talked with Nicky Keye...she has asked that you call her at the Ticketing Office so that she can work your issue.

2. The Suffering Villa: I can assure you that the Club is fully aware of the difficulties associated with our O/S. We are currently working hard to correct some of the very issues you have highlighted. Your questions are central to the issues we are working on right now and any answer I give might well be "outdated" by the time we finish our current effort on the site. Suffice it to say that the people who are working on our site are good folks who have been tackling this issue for sometime and are closing in on some fixes. PLEASE hang in there with us.

3. I am convinced that the best way to get a good song for the lads to come on the Pitch to is for the SCG to come up with some recommendations. Having the Club do it just doesn't seem to "fan friendly."

4. Signings: Continue to watch...

5. I will look into the booking fee.