General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hello General Krulak

Hope you had a good 7/4 but you know we'll be back to reclaim the colony soon! :winkold:

What's the take up been like on the Trinity Road executive packages? Had some bumf throught the post but I can't give up my seat in the Holte :D

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

In regards the forthcoming Intertoto away game a few of us have started booking up travel on the assumption the game will be in Denmark. The website states however that tickets will be sold to "personal callers only on the completion of the European Match ticket form".

I have spoken to Villa twice now to clarify what they mean by this and had conflicting information. One person said i can book over the phone as long as the ticket is or myseld and one said i needed to go in person. Obviously for a number of fans not based near Birmingham or those who work 9-5 and can't get away to get to Villa on a lunch this means it will be impossible to buy tickets in advance and we will travel without a ticket, a situation i would think the club are keen to avoid.

Are you able to give any guidance as to what the policy will be as it seemed the ticket office themselves didn't know. Any forms the club would need completing i would have thought could be done online and i would have also thought it possible to post tickets out for the game?

Keep up the good work on these sites, it is most appreciated

Up the Villa

General Krulak here:

1. When you have a problem with tickets...either regular season, intertoto or Europe...call Nicky Keye. She will sort this out. The tickets for home intertoto go on sale for ST holders on Monday. We NEED as many fans as possible at the game to cheer on the lads. We have made the price of tickets very inexpensive so that we can get as many people yelling in the stands as possible. This will be an important game for us and the more people there, the better. This is NOT a plea for "revenue"...the price of tickets is not high. This is a plea for support of our lads.

General Krulak here:

1. When you have a problem with tickets...either regular season, intertoto or Europe...call Nicky Keye. She will sort this out. The tickets for home intertoto go on sale for ST holders on Monday. We NEED as many fans as possible at the game to cheer on the lads. We have made the price of tickets very inexpensive so that we can get as many people yelling in the stands as possible. This will be an important game for us and the more people there, the better. This is NOT a plea for "revenue"...the price of tickets is not high. This is a plea for support of our lads.

Whilst the ticket pricing is very much appreciated, as is the attempt to obviously get in as many fans as possible to get us into the UEFA Cup Qualifying, at this point I think it's worth pointing out that the fans have been turning out in force home and away for quite some time and will continue to do so.

However, as you are well aware - we need players. The fans are doing their bit, and we need the work going on to buy players to work no matter what this time - unlike January and to a certain extent last Summer - otherwise go into the season with this tiny squad and to have Europe will be worse for the club that not being in Europe.

Whilst the ticket pricing is very much appreciated, as is the attempt to obviously get in as many fans as possible to get us into the UEFA Cup Qualifying, at this point I think it's worth pointing out that the fans have been turning out in force home and away for quite some time and will continue to do so.

However, as you are well aware - we need players. The fans are doing their bit, and we need the work going on to buy players to work no matter what this time - unlike January and to a certain extent last Summer - otherwise go into the season with this tiny squad and to have Europe will be worse for the club that not being in Europe.

Agree.

The numbers and quality must come in this summer, General. Excuses about players not being available are not acceptable for the 3rd window running. I know that you see everything with MON-tinted glasses on, but surely you can see a trend developing here...? Please don't take the goodwill of the fans for granted forever - they've paid over a lot of money and want to see it invested.

I know that you see everything with MON-tinted glasses on, but surely you can see a trend developing here...?

I can see a trend - 16th to 11th to 6th.

That's the trend we as fans need to worry about IMO.

General, thanks for your continuing presence here. Please be aware we really appreciate having this contact.

General do you ever think about not coming onto the site during the transfer windows as no matter how many times you say that you have no involvement in tranfer business at the club you still get asked questions surrounding something that you have clearly stated on numerous occasions has nothing to do with you.

hi general, just a quick question but could you tell me if there will be a ladies shirt this year?

also, will i recieve the home intertoto game as part of the cup scheme that ive signed up to, or will i ahve to buy the tickets seperately?

hi general, just a quick question but could you tell me if there will be a ladies shirt this year?

also, will i recieve the home intertoto game as part of the cup scheme that ive signed up to, or will i ahve to buy the tickets seperately?

I can answer both of these - there is a ladies version (I've pre-ordered) this year

and on OS it says "Season card holders who have opted to join the Cup Scheme will automatically be charged and season cards will be activated for the home tie."

General Krulak here:

1. John, Hobbo and others: As I have said a million times (almost), I have zero to do with Transfers!! BUT, what I DO know is that MON is working very hard during this window and has the TOTAL, 100% backing of Randy!!! I don't know what more you all want. You talk about MON and a "trend"....this talk is based SOLELY on your view of what is a successful window...and not on what MON sees. I honestly believe that some of you would like to see MON go out and buy players just for the hell of it...nothing to do with what he feels he needs or feels "fit" the team. Just get numbers and all will be fine. I have watched the man closely and that is not his style at all. He knows who he wants and the type of player that will make us function most effectively on the Pitch under his scheme. Why can't we just take it at face value and let the man do his job. I am sure that there are names out there that each of you would love to see on the squad...the infamous "world class". Well, maybe, just maybe, MON does not agree with who you think we need. As long as he is the Manager, we need to ensure he has the money he needs to do the job, ensure he has the support from the Club AND ensure that we don't micro-manage him. This is not "rose-tinted glasses"...this is just letting the man who we are paying to do the job...do the job.

2. hobbo: It really gets to me when someone writes that we are about to lose the "good will of the fans" or that we need to be spending the money the fan brings to the Club. What do you think we are doing....making money??? Filling up our bank accounts??? Every fan has access to our P&L and can obtain it from multiple sources. Before you accuse us of not spending money on the Club, you need to get educated on what you are talking about. If we are going to lose the "good will" of the fans, it should be over something factual...not BS!!!! Randy Lerner has NEVER said no to MON...ever. At the same time, Randy is NOT going to micro-manage the man he has hired to Manage this Club. The day the Board or the Owner starts doing the Manager's job is the day I would expect the Manager to say, "adios." Let's allow MON the opportunity to do his job...and let's stop treating fan's "good will" as some sort of bargaining chip. We do EVERYTHING possible to keep the fan's "good will" but we do so because we feel they are part of the Club...NOT because we are threatened.

3. maekavfc40: Do I ever wish I didn't come on the thread during Transfer Time? Hmmmmm, I guess I wouldn't be truthful if I said the thought didn't cross my mind. BUT, I made a vow that I would be on this thread and have been on it for almost 2 years now. I have posted on 4 sites over 2400 times...so I think I have kept my word. ALL I ask is for everyone to show respect...not just to me, but to ALL people who post.

4. I have been told we will have women's gear...I will check tomorrow.

4. I have been told we will have women's gear...I will check tomorrow.

In your size General?

Seriously thanks for that rant

As you know that comment about 'losing the goodwill' of the fans is as you say BS!

Keep on doing it the right way, the Astojn Villa way and we will be more than pleased :)

:flag:

Allright General.

Id be VERY interested in a possibility of AVTV - Rather than "Avtv" on the internet which should be called "avcpu". Are there any possibilities of getting a villa channel on tv? arsenal have one that comes with setanta sports, it has: Some of the training shown. All of the reserve and youth matches. Some of the classic matches from a few years back. Some Interviews amongst other things, id love to have this channel on tv to watch and to have on passivley, as i often put a channel on when moping around the house, usually sky sports news ( more like sky sport cricket this summer ) :@. But ofcourse id like to watch it aswel!!!!

- Josh C

2. hobbo: It really gets to me when someone writes that we are about to lose the "good will of the fans" or that we need to be spending the money the fan brings to the Club

It gets to a lot of us too, General.

Thank you General for your time and effort you put in coming to these forums. I thank you for the clarification on your position on the transfers and that you have no part in them.

I back your view that people do want us to buy a,b and c just for the sake of it even if they wouldn't be the best for us in the long run. I also understand the fans want the best for the club but sadly that we are human and we suffer with the virtue of being impatient. I am now living in America so don't get to watch Villa live but look forward to ever Saturday as much as the next fan. I truly believe MON will do the best by the club and buy the players he wants, and not who we think he should buy otherwise you might as well give us his job. :)

Anyway looking forward to the future and any new signing whoever and whenever they maybe.

General,

When we have a signing, is here any chance we could get the opportunity to submit a question at the press conference? A sort of "question from the fans."

The press conferences are usually a couple of hours after the signing announcements and we'd be able to get a question in place in that time.