General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Unfortunately, I will not be at the kit unveiling tomorrow....I will be flying out to see my 96 year old father in San Diego...bringing him his new acorn kit!! I do not think there is anything nefarious in not having a keeper there....not even sure there won't be one. What I don't want people thinking is that a new player will pop up wearing the kit...I think that would be a wee bit strange.

General, The progress that has been made has been immense, but for some reason I think you will have to realise that you are not going to please everyone. A majority of the fans (including myself) think the board have made massive strides to take us back to where we belong. We are a 'Work in Progress'. If some of these fans still do not trust the board then I am not sure what more you can do!

Sometimes I feel that we have too much of a say. When you compare our club to others we are very fortunate to have a director who comes on the board to answer some of our questions.

Hi General,

Sometime ago I asked whether or not we would continue to change both home and away kits every season or alternate between changing one kit one season and the other the following season, giving each kit a shelf life of 2 years. At the time you gave a suitably diplomatic answer :). I am just wondering if you have any further updates on this issue? I am aware, with the possiblity of sponsors changing, that a "2 year" kit may not be possible but hopefully when a long term sponsor is found this issue could be addressed.

I would still probably buy the new kit each year so its not so much for myself as for families and young kids who may not have the money to buy a new shirt every season.

Regards,

villa89

Wow 96 is a good age. I think i've been through San diego on a trip from Washington saying its rather hot there is an understatemnt.

Lucky you getting a shirt early, which one did you choose?. Personally i like the away shirt the most, its something different.

General, so proud to see the pictures of the Villa players with the Acorns kids and looking like they care geninuely

it shows we are different from most (if not all) of the PL clubs, it makes me feel proud to see that.

Is it possible at this short time we have had Acorns as partners for them to say what kind of impact it has had ?

Can you explain to us why some of Nike's training kit for Aston Villa is red. It is not Aston Villa colour.

It should be either claret, blue, navy blue, black, white and yellow. Nothing else. Why the red stuff is not in claret. It doesn't make sense. You don't expect Barcelona to do all white training kit.

Nice home kit.

General,

Can i draw your attention to the official web site?

There are two things i think need looking at.

1) The next match is showing as Man City on the 16/8/08. Are we not playing in the Inter Toto before then? Surely this should be the next advertised match, either Turku or Odense?

2) I have asked this question before and did not get an answer so please forgive me for asking again. The match countdown (also counting down to Man City match) does not countdown 'live' Why can't this countdown real time? At the moment every time you log on it is just frozen at the time you have logged on. IMO a live countdown would be far more effective.

Thanks for all of the answers you give on this and other sites.

Guest Ricardomeister

General, re the new kit, is there any reason why under the "Acorns" logo we do not have "Children's Hospice" in smaller font? (As Worcester Rugby Club used to have). Obviously Villa fans know who Acorns are, but the majority of this country and those abroad would not have a clue who "Acorns" are. It just seems a bit of a lost opportunity to me. By the way I had already pre-ordered the shirt and hope to be wearing it on the 26th! Thanks

General

As a parent of young children who like to wear the whole kit rather than just the jerseys can I just say thank you that this season's very nice new kits are available as a full kit upto 8 years old instead of having to buy the items seperately for almost double the price.

Another case of our board (you) listening and implementing our suggestions. As MON would say, terrific!

General krulak here:

1. I will check with the O/S and see if I can get the "countdown" fixed and, more importantly, get the fixtures straight.

2. Let me see what the scoop is on the GK shirt...I will get back to you.

General,

I love that there are now baby kits, mine will be getting one. However, why does it not have Acorns on it? If its because some parents might be superstitious and not want Acorns on their baby's shirt, how about making them available with or without Acorns? I for one would prefer to buy my baby the shirt "as the players wear it".

I may be way off the mark but its just a thought.

general,

this may seem a bit trivial, but as many players of the game here might agree, is there any way we could get aston villa fully licensed on pro evolution soccer next season? (huge selling PS3 & xbox 360 game) it would be great to see not only the new kits with full sponsorship but also villa park

Gen.

Can I just let you know about what I consider a farcical problem. I have got to call back Nicky Kaye at 12.30 today and am hoping this can be sorted, but we will see.

As I have told you before, I have a ST, with my daughter directly in front of me. My 8 yr old son is on the waiting list and his alloted time is Thursday 10th.

Today, I called the ticket office to see if the seat next to me is available, as, this is the only seat that I want for my son, no seat, no ST. But it is available but they won't sell it to me. I explained that my son is 8, and due to this, this is the only seat I would consider getting him - but they won't budge. The answer is - well you can move seats. When I explain that 9 of my family and friends sit with me - the answer is "tough - everyone is in the same position"

I find it TOTALLY illogical. I understand the allotted time slot - to save getting 1000's of phonecalls at the same time - but surely (and not just me but others) common sense should come into it somewhere. I could understand if someone has bought it - but they haven't , yet - but by Thursday - that seat could have gone - I will have a very disappointed son and you will haev one less sesaon ticket holder.

Anything you can do ?, if not for me (as I am hoping Nicky will sort it) but for others - it seams bloody daft = I don't know if you have seen the comedy Little Britain, but the office staff just seem to have an attitude of "Computer says Noooooooo !!!"

Cheers

Paul

PS - kits - as long as the home as claret body, blue sleeves - I'm happy - so I am. As far as I am concerned, I am not really bothered about the away kit (however, shame we have changed as I thought 2007-2008 was the best EVER) but I think it is horrible, but can live with it - JUST NEVER CHANGE THE HOME KIT !!!!

Gen

Quick update:-

Ncky said she can reserve it for me in the morning - so I just have to hope it doesn't go in the next 5 hours.

As said though - I think it is a bit ridiculous how it is done. For next year - surely their should be a few days where friends / family of season ticket holders (as long as they are on the waiting list of course) can purchase next to each other.

It does seem that on one hand - Villa want to attract people, but on the other - make it as difficult as possible to do it (by that, I mean - why a waiting list in the first place - their are 39000 Villa seats at Villa Park - around 25k season ticket holders - I doubt if there are more than 3k on "the waiting list" - so why not just allow them to purchase !!! - If we had 39,000 season ticket holders - I could understand it !!!

We need to be looking to increase the capacity. I have family who would like a season ticket but would want to sit by me. There are no seats available anywhere close by and because of that they wont get one. If we added another 15000 seats then I am sure there would be lots of families who would buy tickets together.

Any news on when we might get the info back from HOK General K?