General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

How are the ticket sales for the Intertoto Cup match going? i have a few mates who might come down on the day.

One report says the game will sell out. Another says the ticket sales are poor, so the club reduced the prices.

Are tickets going to be available on the day? A 420 round trip is a long way to travel if no tickets are available.

Thanks if you can help

Stephen

General krulak here:

1. Wrafey: I did not see the Evening Mail article you refer to so it is hard to make a comment. I will say the following: 1) "World Class signings" was not a statement by Randy, MON or me. The reason it was not was because what is "world class" in one person's mind is not in another. 2) We have always said that MON determines who the Club needs...for the present and for the future. 3) It is MON who chooses the players he wants and it is Randy that supports MON in those choices. 4) Neither Randy nor the Board gets involved in micro-managing our Manager. The day we start telling him who to buy or how to prepare the Squad or etc. , is the day that we begin the long slide down. Our mission is to support the Manager as he goes about building the Club and managing the preparation and playing of the games. 5) Randy has NEVER said no to MON and is ready to support the Manager as he moves the Club forward. As for my lack of knowledge of football, don't let that bother you. I have watched the game since 1974 when my wife started to play. Both of my sons played the game, I coached one of their teams. Four out of my five grandchildren play the game. I have been a serious fan of English Football since 2000. I would NEVER claim to have an in-depth knowledge of the game but I do know a wee bit. The idea that a Member of the Board needs to be an "expert" in football misses the point of what a Board Member should be doing.

2. Tickets for the Intertotoare going as expected. The Club did NOT "reduce prices" due to slow sales....they kept prices as initially published because they felt it was the right thing to do. My sense is that the match will not be a sell out....but I have nothing really to base that on. I also believe that tickets will be available on game day.

3. Still trying to determine the issue re. prices for kit...Euro.

4. deepdish: good idea.

5. Alias....no way.

Info is up on the OS now Jez (not sure if you've seen yet) that tickets go on sale on Tuesday 22nd July to season card holders and people who attended eight or more away games last year. Wednesday July 30th for supporters with a booking history and general sale on Friday August 1st. It's a Category A game. There's info on the Liverpool game tickets too.

Oh and General, my 13 year old brother has recently decided to become a Villa fan rather than a Liverpool supporter. He loves football and has always supported them, but after coming to a few Villa games last season he's now thrown away all his Liverpool stuff and will be buying a shirt and attending as many games as possible (he plays football on Saturdays so can't get him a ST) in the coming season. Just wondered if you thought, by any chance, that he's made a good decision? :lol:

Keep up the good work.

Gen

Can you pass on to MON the following - if he screws up on Sat - I'll kill him !!!!!!!

Not for any other reason that I have to work every other Saturday - thus I usually use half of my annual leave entitlement on Villa games. However, I don't work Sundays - so , if we get Uefa - the majority of our games will be Sundays - and I get my holiday back.

Forget the arguament about whether Europe can attract players - He has got my holiday to think about !!!!!

On a serious note - you mention quite often the "game experience" - has anything been planned for next season. In the Euros - the "fan zone" was mentioned loads - as someone said - if the villa beamed the live early kick off to them whopping screens in the Holte car-park - put on various drinks and food kiosks , and the odd "store" - ie: memorablia, merchandise, badges etc... - I bet it would be rammed most weeks. If this is an option- if the Villa employed the odd "ex-villian" to walk around and fans could have photos (the likes of Morley, Mortimer, Sid etc...) it would make it a great pre-match meeting place.

On a serious note - you mention quite often the "game experience" - has anything been planned for next season. In the Euros - the "fan zone" was mentioned loads - as someone said - if the villa beamed the live early kick off to them whopping screens in the Holte car-park - put on various drinks and food kiosks , and the odd "store" - ie: memorablia, merchandise, badges etc... - I bet it would be rammed most weeks. If this is an option- if the Villa employed the odd "ex-villian" to walk around and fans could have photos (the likes of Morley, Mortimer, Sid etc...) it would make it a great pre-match meeting place.

I think this sounds great. I know in America, the game itself is only part of the experience, and that really the whole day is a big event. It'd be great for going to see villa being a great day out for everyone. Although, I think that during the winter and on rainy days, people would just prefer to arrive just before kick off and avoid the bad weather, rather than congregate outside VP.

General,

Welcome back, glad to hear your father is on good form.

I have a question regarding the Holte Hotel. Last season it was accessed on match day by invite only and the capacity was limited to a certain number. Is there going to be a change for the new season (hopefully a 1st come, 1st served policy) or will the access be the same as last season. Also will any changes be in time for the Intertoto next week? If not is there any chance my name might get picked out the hat some time soon :D

Hi General, Skipper here.

I've been a voyeur to this site now about 18 months and finally decided to get involved.

Firstly as like all other fellow Villans, can i just say thankyou to Randy, yourself and of course our great manager MO'N! The changes made in a short time have been amazing!!

Just really a question on merchandising. When i was younger I got a Villa top in the fashion of a Baseball Jersey.... Will Villa being doing any such clothing ranges, as I know Baseball, Basketball, Ice Hockey and American Football tops for the Villa would sell like crazy! And also could be a way to tap the American market ey :D

Muchos Appreciano General!

Skipper

Gen can you pass on my message to Mon: Saturday is a win or a win. Either way we must win and in no way can we lose. But smile when you tell him as i reckon he could eat many of us alive. Scary man that martin o'Neil. Keep up the good work.

General,

Can i draw your attention to the official web site?

There are two things i think need looking at.

1) The next match is showing as Man City on the 16/8/08. Are we not playing in the Inter Toto before then? Surely this should be the next advertised match, either Turku or Odense?

2) I have asked this question before and did not get an answer so please forgive me for asking again. The match countdown (also counting down to Man City match) does not countdown 'live' Why can't this countdown real time? At the moment every time you log on it is just frozen at the time you have logged on. IMO a live countdown would be far more effective.

Thanks for all of the answers you give on this and other sites.

General krulak here:

1. I will check with the O/S and see if I can get the "countdown" fixed and, more importantly, get the fixtures straight.

2. Let me see what the scoop is on the GK shirt...I will get back to you.

General,

The fixtures are now sorted out on the O/S....just the 'live' countdown counter now....

Any news on how the Holte Pub will operate on match days this season? will it be invite or first come first served? will the capacity be increased?

Many Thanks

Hi General,

I didn't realise you were away when I posted my question, so I'll just post it again as you probably won't go back far enough to read it

Hi General,

Was just wondering if you knew the proper pronunciation for Delfouneso? The guy on AVTV goes for Delfonso, but I've heard others go for Del-foo-nay-so. Do you know the way it's supposed to be pronounced? Or could you find out for us, as no doubt he'll be making his debut this season so it'd be good to know his name! I remember when Darius Vassell came through there was some confusion and this one is far more difficult!

Thanks

Paddy

General ,

Wonder if you could help mate of mine is trying to organise 23 tickets for party of Irish Villains representing Ballynanty Rovers Schoolboys, Limerick, Ireland who are coming over don't know why but you wouldn't believe the problems he is having trying to sort it out he just wants to buy tickets doesn't want them for free ! I have tried to help but he was put onto Duncan Riddle who isn't getting back to him .

On another note would you pass my thanks to the commercial team who have been absolutlely excellent organising things throughout last season and for the Inter Toto for a birthday for an 80 year old Villarette .

Another thought have you ever thought about marketing or having a store at Bham airport selling Villa kits strategically placed . Always a big thing with supprters is wearing the kits abroad and while your waiting for the plane the kids nagging you to buy something Villa . FIRST THING PEOPLE COULD SEE WHEN THEY GOT OFF A PLANE ASWELL !

Hi General,

You always seem so well clued up with everything that's going on at Villa wherever you are or whatever you're doing, so I'm sure you'll be aware that a couple of weeks or so ago there was an invitation on the OS to apply for positions in a new 'Fansquad', although I haven't seen it mentioned by anyone on here.

It said that there would be recruitment days on Sat 12th and 19th July for applicants to attend. Well I e mailed an application of 300 words, as requested by the ad, and have received nothing in reply, not even an acknowledgement.

Is this scheme still going ahead? If so I'm a little peeved that the club could not at least e mail a response to those that have applied whether or not they were selected, as things stand I just feel like I have wasted my time and effort and been ignored, aside from the fact that I would have loved to have been involved!!

Are you aware of this arrangement and can you find anything out about how it was progressed?

Thanks for your time on here I'm sure you can see how much everyone appreciates it.

General Krulak here:

1. Troglodyte: Congratulations on your younger brother's decision. If you want some reinforcement, pm me his number and I will give him a call and welcome him to the "Family."

2. paulanddonya: Good ideas. As you know, one of Randy's goals is to make a good enviroment/atmosphere at Villa Park...for all fans. His experience with the Browns is a template of where he would eventually like to get with Villa. You also know that we do have players walking around certain areas...but not all.

3. Fuse: We are currently working on the Holte...what to do this coming season. We are stuck with the restrictions on numbers but we do recognize we had problems of "invitees" last year.

4. "skipper": We have no plans for baseball type jerseys at this time.

5. We recognize that Saturday is a huge game. We also recognize that our opponents are not push-overs. They are a good side, they have been playing for sometime and are in good shape...it will be a tough game. We need to go out hard from the first second and keep after them and we need to be strong in the back.

6. Paddy: I think the only way to resolve the pronunciation is to go to the man himself...I will do it.

7. B'ham airport...we are going to do exactly what you say. As for your friends from Ireland...have them re-call Duncan or Lee Preece...I cannot imagine those two not calling back.

8. cookie: let me check.

General Krulak here:

1. Troglodyte: Congratulations on your younger brother's decision. If you want some reinforcement, pm me his number and I will give him a call and welcome him to the "Family."

And this is why, no matter what happens, I will never regret being a Villa fan. Unbelievable.

Quick question general. Just watched an interview with MON on AVTV and must say I quite like the navy hooped polo shirt he was wearing, the same one I believe Sidwell was wearing when he was unveiled. So I had a look on the online store and couldn't find it. Is it available or will it be?

Keep up the good work. UTV