General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General a fellow poster started a thread with the post quoted below, I just checked the shop as I was hoping to Purchase the Away Jersey when it comes available but the sterling cost is £45 but the Euro Price is €69 but at the current exchange rate it should be €57. Its anotehr €11 for Delivery to Ireland this seems excessive to say the least General?

Thanks

The home shirt on the OS increased from 51euro on Monday to 59euro today

That's a 16% mark up for no reason!!!!!!

The current £stg price of the standard home replia shirt Is From £38.30 (Ex VAT) (why the 30p?) which at todays exchance rate is 75.8798 USD and 48.1961 euro The website is selling it for 80USD and 59euro thats in increase of 5 USD and over 10 euro!!!! .

That's just the home shirt, I'm sure it's the same problems with all the products on the OS.How can this be so????

General,

There is evidence you have commented on the Bentley transfer saga on another Fans website. It also seems the post you wrote was in the past tense as if we have bid for bentley has either been rejected or has been rejected by the player.

Is this transfer dead in the water?

Or am i being nieve in thinking you would comment again on the situation..!?

UptheVilla!!

General Krulak here:

1. I have put in a call to John Greenfield to see if I can suss out the pricing issue. I confess that the numbers quoted seem a bit high but I need to know the whole story before I say anything more. I will report back as soon as I hear from John.

2. I will also ask that the GK shirt be put on the OS.

Hi General,

Just want to say that the imminent signing of Steve Sidwell is fantastic news for the club. I rate him highly and think he'll help us push on and keep up our performance last season and beyond. Just wanted to know your opinion of the man from what you've seen and heard.

Bring on the signings General - Bentley by Monday :winkold:

General Krulak here:

1. I posted a sentence on another thread that was POORLY written and sent the wrong message. Simply put and to correct the thread, I do NOT know whether we are in a bidding contest for Mr. Bentley. My point was simply that none of us should take the media as the "gospel" when it comes to players, prices, etc. etc. ONLY MON knows who we are looking at and what the offer might be. If someone says we have bid "10M for Bentley", that is the opinion of a writer...NOT necessarily correct. POOR WORDING by me and I apologize.

General, I hope you've got a big umbrella to avoid the wonderful British summer weather.

Could you also please put on the OS the New Away GK kit, rumour has it that it is green is that true?

Also just one other thing is it possible that both the home and away kits come in a long sleeve version this season? Personally I prefer the long sleeve version and was disappointed last year I couldn't get a long sleeve away version that people like Ashley Young wear.

Thanks again for everything Genral

Have a nice day

Danvandal

General, it's great to know that you're as human as the rest of us and have really been caught up in the excitement of a good old english transfer window. Today demonstrates that you're a real fan and as nervous and enthusiastic about the success of our pursuit of signings for Villa as we all are. :cheers:

General, I hope your recent slip of the tongue doesn't land you or the club in any hot water. The consequesces could be disasterous (you asked to stop posting here). I'm sure Randy/Martin etc will understand that you are a human being and human beings make mistakes.

Anyway, up the villa.

General - can I just say how grateful I am that we do not conduct our transfer business in public. I have just been watching Sky Sports News and some Spanish idiot has been going on about other clubs players again.

I don't expect a comment on this but will say that I hope Villa have made a complaint to the FA about the way in which Benitez is conducting his transfer dealings, its a disgrace and is as good as tapping a player up - he should be fined and educated in the way a decent manager/club should conduct their business.

Rant over!!

General Krulak here:

1. I have put in a call to John Greenfield to see if I can suss out the pricing issue. I confess that the numbers quoted seem a bit high but I need to know the whole story before I say anything more. I will report back as soon as I hear from John.

Thank you very much, please forgive me but can I predict what Mr Greenfield is likely to say (I hope I'm wrong!!!), but alot of British companies do do this (M&S, B&C, Booths and IKEA etc) When they're selling the same product in Europe and the UK, they need to put both the UK price and Euro price on the Tag. As the exchance rate does change it is very hard to keep this accurate, but the companies have to price product that won't be released for sale for a couple of months it is very hard to predict were the exchange rate will be at that time, which is understandible.But IT IS ALWAYS THE EUROPEAN CUSTOMERS WHO LOSS OUT.The Briish companies alway leave abit of leaway so they don't loss out but 16% is def to much. We alway's seem to get the short end of the stick.(This is being investigated in Eire at the moment and consumers are more alert to it at the moment). Again thank you for addressing the issue and I'm hoping for a positvie response from the Club.Keep up the good work. :D

General

Is there any chance we will get to hear from Randy soon about what his hopes and expectations are for the coming season are, and on how he feels things have gone so far etc.... I know he does not like doing media interview to much, but maybe an extended interview on the OS, that we can all watch, may be even submitt some questions through yourself off the various forums you post on.

I only ask because i don't actually think i have heard him speak (the polar opposite to Deadly Doug, though for all the bad i thought about the bloke at times, fairplay he made sure he left us in good hands).

Cheers

PS. Please do me a favour and wish Gareth Barry and his family all the best when he goes, as much as he's let us down from a football point of view and i hope he regrets his choices down the line. The bloke has never let the club down before and when all said and done played a big part in starting us in the right direction. In the scheme of things we all get our heads turned by ' the grass is greener' at times.

Hi General

I was about to buy tomorrow my Grandson his first season ticket in the Doug Ellis upper until I read VillanJC message above and went back to the ST info and saw in small print that the price quoted is only if you renew. Tom my Grandson would have been the forth generation St holder but I am afraid this is to much to pay for a 9 year old. The seat next to my son and myself is rarely occupied and I believed restricted vision like mine due to the TV camera stand so would it not be better to get a child started into the Villa family than sat empty. We do not wish to move as it is a good seat and over the years I have been moved several times

General krulak here:

1. Life goes on. I will be off the site until next Tuesday as I will be visiting my father in San Diego.

2. I doubt if you will here an interview with Randy...that is just not his style. We may get something in a program but, as you know, Randy is not one for publicity. He is a firm believer in the old adage that "actions speak louder than words." I know this can be frustrating at times but it is just who he is and we need to respect that fact.

3. bakerbob: It might be worth your while to give Nicky Keye a call. Ticket prices are ticket prices but the restricted vision site and the difficulties in selling those tickets might be worth discussing with her. Again, I am not saying she will be able to do anything because we need to be fair across the board but if the seat is unsold due to restricted vision, it is worth discussing...if for no other reason than to get her thoughts on the issue.

4. Last years "away kit" w/acorns will be this years "3rd kit."

Last season's away kit was white and will be this season's 3rd kit.

General,

I hope you had a good trip. How is your father? What does he know of Aston Villa and your role with the club and us fans?

Did your four years as CMC do enough to prepare you for your current mission? What skills have you been able to transfer between the roles?