Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

Lots of conclusion jumping going on here.

Indeed! I know this is a speculation thread but at times it reads as - "If X and if Y then I think Z could be the case." Really?

It could be a simple as there being no serious takers for JC and PL thinking he might as well gain his own opinion on JC's ability during the course of the competitive matches in the US. Or not. :winkold:

Also, if JC is off to Sunderland as touted, the deal is unlikely to go through before 29th August, due to their transfer-inept manager.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think the deal is off I think its running on our timetable. I expect we will sign him next week when we get back.

Its only that cheating rocket polisher Koeman chirpping away with pointless deadlines.

To suggest we wouldn't have heard about this if it wasn't for the picture seems daft. His club have spoken clearly about it and I can't see why they wouldn't have done this through the media without that pic because they are clearly not happy with the way we've approached this.

Hmm i'm not so sure it is daft. Feyenoord and Vlaar have probably been asked about the move to Villa in every interview they've had over the past week. Journalists wouldn't be asking these questions if those pictures were never leaked.

Do you really think this is the only meeting we've had with a player during the whole window?(apart from the two who have been signed)

I very much doubt that.

My guess would be that we are trying to sound out a few options if a bid for Collins comes in. If we don't sell Collins, I'm not sure we'll take on the wages of another high profile defender as I think Clark is in line for a starting role this term.

I'm not convinced that this deal is necessarily over, but if it is then c'est la vie.

I dont think the deal is off I think its running on our timetable. I expect we will sign him next week when we get back.

Its only that cheating rocket polisher Koeman chirpping away with pointless deadlines.

Think you'll find Vlaar has said himself today the deal is off

Yeah for the time being. He is hedging his bets by reaffirming his affection for Feyenoord just in case. He probably should have kept his trap shut and not talked of Villa being a dream move.

To suggest we wouldn't have heard about this if it wasn't for the picture seems daft. His club have spoken clearly about it and I can't see why they wouldn't have done this through the media without that pic because they are clearly not happy with the way we've approached this.

Hmm i'm not so sure it is daft. Feyenoord and Vlaar have probably been asked about the move to Villa in every interview they've had over the past week. Journalists wouldn't be asking these questions if those pictures were never leaked.

Do you really think this is the only meeting we've had with a player during the whole window?(apart from the two who have been signed)

I very much doubt that.

I believe we have met others and I would hope we haven't approached the deals the way we have with this one.

The quotes from people at the club don't seem like answers to journalist they seem like public messages to us through the media. I doubt they would have kept quiet about how unhappy they are without that pic.

Richard is about as ITK as my neighbours budgie

Caught out along with the others

Depends really, does your neighbour work for tescos ? Or did he get the budgie food from there?

That was some lucky streak I was on there. Let's see....

1. Said lambert was coming before it got serious in the press.

2. Said culverhouse and karsa were ours when others said different ( I also said it may take some time)

3. Said kea had signed before it was officially announced

4. Then said "that's the thing with signings you wait for one then two come along at once, a day or so before lowton signed.

So the same place were I got all that gave me the nod that Vlaar was as good as done, hence my welcome and later statements that I'd be amazed if it fell through. I'd still be amazed so let's see what happens.

I will say I've not had any contact in the last week or so but I tell you what CI as soon as I do I'll keep it to myself so as not to upset you

piss poor from Villa by the sounds of things

maybe the pictures on the interweb didn't help but maybe it's time we stop inviting people to VP and then dicking them about ..we either want them or we don't so we should make people offers or tell them we are not going to .. but to do nothing is poor form

dont get the despair from some people. he is a poor centre back and people been blinkered cause he has a few Dutch caps. Per Mertesacker has about 70 German caps and I wouldnt want him near a Villa team

This US tour is a bloody joke

We could have played mediocre teams in the uk save travelling 4000 miles and been about to continue transfer activity

It's part of their branding scheme. I suspect within the next few years we'll tour Asia, then South Africa, etc.

dont get the despair from some people. he is a poor centre back and people been blinkered cause he has a few Dutch caps. Per Mertesacker has about 70 German caps and I wouldnt want him near a Villa team

There's a reason most of us had never heard of the player before, so the only reason I'd be upset about not signing him is if Lerner decided to withhold the money to do the deal.

Yeah for the time being. He is hedging his bets by reaffirming his affection for Feyenoord just in case. He probably should have kept his trap shut and not talked of Villa being a dream move.

Yeah, it seems like Vlaar overplayed his hand, and is now scrambling to save face.

It's possible that there was a simple lack of clarity during the talks?

It's all gone a bit messy with his agent and Koeman sullying the Villa name in the press.

We can't be having situations like this play out in the media.

I guess this is the problem with Villa doing everything in utter silence, we only get to hear one side of the story as to what's going on and it looks bad. It happened with Solskjaer where the power of the internet brought it into the public domain but that turned out alright in the end. I reckon there must be more going on behind the scenes, or it could just be that Feyenoord and Vlaar want it to happen more than we actually do.

'Off for now', hmmmm.

Vlaar at the team presentation day today

Interviewer: Ron, are you going to Aston Villa...yes or no?

Vlaar: No

Interviewer: Can we conclude that you are going to stay at Feyenoord?

Vlaar: I'm staying as it stands now

Interviewer walks over to Jordy Clasie...

Interview: So Jordy, what's the situation between you and Aston Villa?

Clasie: I prefer to stay at Feyenoord as well :)