Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vlaar´s agent Arnold Oosterveer has spoken out about the Villa saga and he has said the following.

´´Vlaar´s transfer was put on hold by the Villa board at the very last moment. They made it clear to Paul Lambert that he had to sell players first before Vlaar could come in´´

´´Aston Villa never informed us about this situation prior to coming to Villa Park. If they had informed us, we would have never come to Birmingham in the first place and let Villa do their business first´´

´´Ron never thought that this transfer could collapse. He was told by Paul Lambert that he would be an integral part of the new team and one of the most important players. From my understanding, Paul Lambert also never thought that this transfer would collapse at the last minute´´

´´Ron is a big calibre player, this is not how you treat any calibre player´´

Ouch!

Something fishy is going on here.....

Why are Feyenoord so keen to sell him?

Lambert always from the start of this said it was just a chat. This transfer has always been pushed from the Feyenoord/Vlaar side.

Also how does his Agent know that we have to sell players first when one of Feyenoord and his agent's gripes were that we had not been in contact at all?

Just seems odd.

His agent seems trouble and Vlaar seems like a needy prima donna. We've had enough of those recently.

Don't want him now.

We also have only conceded 1 goal in 3 Pre-season games. Maybe KEA helps by protecting the defence, or is it the fact that we don't just sit back all the time.

Also Clark looks to be getting a run now too. I am not sure CB is our priority positions of need. We need a LB, Winger and Striker before CB IMO.

Trying to look at this from the club's point of view I can see the reason for selling before we buy. We currently have Dunne, Collins, Clarke, and now Lowton that can play centre half. Before bringing in a 5th it would be wise to try and offload at least one plus Warnock and Hutton if possible before adding to the wage bill.

My biggest concern is that it will be near impossible to find a buyer for the players we NEED to move on.

However how Vlaar's agent would know about our transfer policy is baffling. Looking like he's just trying to save face after we decided we didn't want him.

Vlaar´s agent Arnold Oosterveer has spoken out about the Villa saga and he has said the following.

´´Vlaar´s transfer was put on hold by the Villa board at the very last moment. They made it clear to Paul Lambert that he had to sell players first before Vlaar could come in´´

´´Aston Villa never informed us about this situation prior to coming to Villa Park. If they had informed us, we would have never come to Birmingham in the first place and let Villa do their business first´´

´´Ron never thought that this transfer could collapse. He was told by Paul Lambert that he would be an integral part of the new team and one of the most important players. From my understanding, Paul Lambert also never thought that this transfer would collapse at the last minute´´

´´Ron is a big calibre player, this is not how you treat any calibre player´´

Was he ever going to say something different?

Whatever ground rules have been put in place regarding transfers eg sell to buy, I think its very unlikely that they suddenly changed those rules.

My guess, and its just that, is that this transfer was unlikely to happen before the US tour. We don't know what the club said to Vlaar, his agent or his club but its abundantly clear that the toys are well and truly out of Vlaar's cot so I think a move to Villa is now not going to happen (if we still wanted him in after the initial meeting).

Lambert always from the start of this said it was just a chat. This transfer has always been pushed from the Feyenoord/Vlaar side.

Also how does his Agent know that we have to sell players first when one of Feyenoord and his agent's gripes were that we had not been in contact at all?

Just seems odd.

Feyenoord is not keen to sell Ron Vlaar. But the club thought they were not going to be given any choice, so they tried to get it over with.

When it transpired that they might be able to hold on to Ron, the communication tenure changed in order to end the uncertainty.

PL told the press that it was just a chat. Remember he used the word about a million times in a single sentence. That indicates covering up the truth, which in many situations for a football manager I think is totally acceptable.

About what is agent knows and how I don't have a clue.

Really, really, really couldn't give less of a toss about Vlaar's agent and/or Feyenoord wailing and gnashing their teeth over the move. Aston Villa's first priority is to Aston Villa, not to the convenience of other parties.

Really, really, really couldn't give less of a toss about Vlaar's agent and/or Feyenoord wailing and gnashing their teeth over the move. Aston Villa's first priority is to Aston Villa, not to the convenience of other parties.

100% This. Well said.

Just seems odd.

Feyenoord is not keen to sell Ron Vlaar. But the club thought they were not going to be given any choice, so they tried to get it over with.

When it transpired that they might be able to hold on to Ron, the communication tenure changed in order to end the uncertainty.

PL told the press that it was just a chat. Remember he used the word about a million times in a single sentence. That indicates covering up the truth, which in many situations for a football manager I think is totally acceptable.

About what is agent knows and how I don't have a clue.

Feyenoord have been commenting on it every day (either Koeman or Van Geel). I have honestly never seen a club so keen to sell their prized asset. They even starting talking about De Vrij becoming captain etc. I think it is folly to believe they have not been pushing this transfer.

No. they applied pressure with talks of deadlines to try and force Villa's hand. It didn't work.

Maybe, but he never committed to saying that he wanted to bring him in like he did with KEA. He was very open on that one. So why would Lambert change tact suddenly? Doesn't make sense. So I will believe it when he says it was a chat.

Maybe all this posturing by his agent has messed up the deal.

Just seems odd.

For the millionth time.

Feyenoord do not want to sell Vlaar! Feyenoord want to keep Vlaar. They have tried to extend his contract recently but then Villa came in.

Vlaar has a release clause in his contract which means Feyenoord cannot reject a 4 million bid coming in.

When Vlaar made it clear that he would like to join Villa, Feyenoord obviously wanted to have a decision asap with Champions League games coming up soon (whichever way it goes)

Feyenoord's Managing Director said the following yesterday in this clip (3min33)

´´When a player from the Eredivisie can make a step up to the Premier League it´s near to impossible to keep the player´´

´´I think the way Aston Villa conducted themselves towards Ron Vlaar in this transfer is inappropiate. They invited him over, showed him the stadium and gave Ron an exciting feeling about moving there''

''It seems logical to me that when you invite a player on Sunday and promise to get in touch, you get in touch. Martin van Geel (technical director) and myself haven't heard anything from Villa. I believe that that is very inappropiate for a club of that stature''

''On the other hand, and we have said this many times. The club Feyenoord is stronger with the human and footballer Vlaar, than without. It's unfortunate that this has been a week where we've been living in insecurity and we haven't been able to do as much as we would've liked''

Hold on a minute, we're the buying club, we hold all the aces and we will conduct business on our terms and in our own time.

If you dont like it, well thats just tough shit.

Plenty more fish in the sea and i wouldnt blame Lambert or the board if they told Feyenoord to go **** themselves!

Just seems odd.

For the millionth time.

Feyenoord do not want to sell Vlaar! Feyenoord want to keep Vlaar. They have tried to extend his contract recently but then Villa came in.

Vlaar has a release clause in his contract which means Feyenoord cannot reject a 4 million bid coming in.

When Vlaar made it clear that he would like to join Villa, Feyenoord obviously wanted to have a decision asap with Champions League games coming up soon (whichever way it goes)

Feyenoord's Managing Director said the following yesterday in this clip (3min33)

´´When a player from the Eredivisie can make a step up to the Premier League it´s near to impossible to keep the player´´

´´I think the way Aston Villa conducted themselves towards Ron Vlaar in this transfer is inappropiate. They invited him over, showed him the stadium and gave Ron an exciting feeling about moving there''

''It seems logical to me that when you invite a player on Sunday and promise to get in touch, you get in touch. Martin van Geel (technical director) and myself haven't heard anything from Villa. I believe that that is very inappropiate for a club of that stature''

''On the other hand, and we have said this many times. The club Feyenoord is stronger with the human and footballer Vlaar, than without. It's unfortunate that this has been a week where we've been living in insecurity and we haven't been able to as much as we would've liked''

I know what you are saying Feyenoord. I just don't believe it.

Feyenoord do not need to comment as much as they have. And why inform people that he has a clause? Seems they are fishing for more interest.

Just don't understand their need to comment so much and keep the transfer in the public domain.

Genuinely I have never seen a club comment so much on the potential sale of their 'prized asset'. Tells me they want him sold and are touting the fact he has a release clause.

Just seems odd.

For the millionth time.

''On the other hand, and we have said this many times. The club Feyenoord is stronger with the human and footballer Vlaar, than without. It's unfortunate that this has been a week where we've been living in insecurity and we haven't been able to as much as we would've liked''

I know what you are saying Feyenoord. I just don't believe it.

Feyenoord do not need to comment as much as they have. And why inform people that he has a clause? Seems they are fishing for more interest.

Just don't understand their need to comment so much and keep the transfer in the public domain.

Genuinely I have never seen a club comment so much on the potential sale of their 'prized asset'. Tells me they want him sold.

It was already well known that Vlaar had a release clause in his contract before the technical director confirmed it. Feyenoord started to get vocal from Thursday onwards...4 days after the visit of Vlaar. That may have been a bit premature as Villa still had a day to get in contact...

Feyenoord wanted to get it over as soon as possible. There is no point in fishing for more interest because it will not inflate the transfer fee. A yes or no from Villa would have been more than enough.