Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we know what fee they are demanding ?

No. We've not even discussed a fee with them according to "reports". So why Feyenoord think they're in a position to demand we finalise the deal is beyond me.

I'd just tell them to **** off at this point.

None of that suggests what you said. None of it.
It's called interpretation. People sometimes interpret things differently. I've seen many more far-fetched conclusions on this forum than the suspicion that we haven't handled ourselves brilliantly in the eyes of the player on this occasion based on quotes from two separate individuals.

But go ahead, we're brilliant. Up the Villa.

None of that suggests what you said. None of it.
It's called interpretation. People sometimes interpret things differently. I've seen many more far-fetched conclusions on this forum than the suspicion that we haven't handled ourselves brilliantly in the eyes of the player on this occasion based on quotes from two separate individuals.

But go ahead, we're brilliant. Up the Villa.

It's called cow-towing to the whining of some random sports director protecting his own interest.

Fair enough but I'd like to think we're better than that, yes.

it's weird Lambert has always played down the whole thing as a 'chat' and the Twitter expose seemed to but pressure on the situation. He's never claimed that we were about to sign Vlaar so it's hard to get angry with him.

Yet the noises in Holland suggested the deal was pretty much sealed with a kiss.

is it possible Lerner and co told Lambert that he had jumped the gun???

Do we know what fee they are demanding ?

No. We've not even discussed a fee with them according to "reports". So why Feyenoord think they're in a position to demand we finalise the deal is beyond me.

I'd just tell them to **** off at this point.

Ron Vlaar has a release clause in his contract which is around 4 million Euros. Villa are very aware of this as Vlaar and his agent discussed this last week. Feyenoord want the release clause to be met. It's very simple and straight forward. He is the highest paid player in the squad and is on 13.450 pounds per week (which is a joke for PL/Villa standards).

I don't think that the first step in the process to sign a foreign player is to invite them over for a tour of the stadium on a Sunday afternoon. We must have been some way down the negotiation path to get to this point. It seems that something has transpired since has caused us to go distinctly cool on the move.

Whether this is a terminal blow to the transfer remains to be seen but I think we certainly were showing more interest last weekend when we were organising a charm offensive than now when we seem to be making out that we have not really been interested so far.

couldn't it just simply be that we didn't tie it up in time before going to the us? then got distracted selling warnok and collins? if it's true that they've bothsigned for the maccams then i'd expect vlaar to be signing pretty quickly now...

Feyenoord look a bit silly moaning and groaning in the papers over this. All of a sudden we're a club that lacks "manners"? Seems like the KEA deal was done without any conflict. I think the delay boils down to the America tour and possibly the impending sale of Collins to Sunderland as a trigger to seal the Vlaar deal. Maybe they expected the deal to be wrapped up as quickly as the KEA deal...this is too bad, because it was looking like we were forging a very good working relationship with Feyenoord.

It would be too bad if this one goes south. I was looking forward to the chant " Villaaaaaar Villaaaaaar Villaaaaaar Villaaaaar..... ;)

Come on MON pay Randy the 5M for Collins and we can all go home happy.

Mind you, I can't help thinking that we might have another Laursen on our hands if Villaaaaar does sign. Ooops, I've got to stop doing that ..

If this deal doesn't go through I really hope it's down to Lamberts decision.

It would be a poor start to his time here if Lambert identified a player to improve us but was not given the funds until he sold someone.

It doesn't send out a great message to other targets and also leaves us in a weak decision to sell our players as clubs will know we're clearly desperate to get rid of them.

I said it before, I don't find this approach acceptable after the last two years. Lambert should be backed and worry about shipping out those who have no chance of playing after. We've had 2 years of cutting costs and it's nearly cost us premeriship football.