Feyenoord

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest fear is we default back to

Hutton Dunne Collins Warnock for west ham

These guys have taken 2 managers down and will take Lambert too

Surely the fact that Lambert has left Hutton at home would mean that there will be at least one change from that line up for the West Ham game?

Won't be to disappointed if this doesn't come off tbh.

Lets be honest he isn't that great and hasn't got glowing reviews from our Dutch friends. I think too many people are jumping all over this signing because he is foreign and a relative unknown.

For all we know other players may have been shown around Villa Park and had a 'chat' with PL. The Ramis move seems to have gone quiet. Maybe he is our first choice and if he turns us down Vlaar is No2 choice.

I can't see any other reason why PL hasn't signed him.

Too bad about the press but don't see Villa have done much wrong. Let see, plop does everything to shake up Barry for a season. City does everything to shake up Milner for a window. That's shady transfer business. Vlaar and feyenord went public too soon. Interested in him as a player but will still sleep tonight.

If Lambert changed his mind or found a better option why haven't we let the club and player know? It makes no sense to me.

TBH I'm not worried because we are missing out on Vlaar, I have no idea if he's good enough, my worry is that our manager has identified a player that he feels will improve us and hasn't been fully backed to bring them to the club.

Lambert would not have come to us if he didn't think he'd be backed.
I agree. Just to add if he has spent what was effectively his budget already then he would not have bought the lad from Sheffield u

There's being backed and then there's being backed with limitations. I think lambert will be given money but I don't think that's enough if he loses out on players because he has to sell before he can spend it.
I agree, but I just don't see how PL as ambitious as he is would have agreed to become our manager under those conditions.

We shall have to wait and see....

If Lambert changed his mind or found a better option why haven't we let the club and player know? It makes no sense to me.

well if we havent made an official bid why should they tell them

All these attempts to justify Villa's behaviour in this transfer saga are a bit laughable.

Villa have looked poor the way they have conducted things and it reflects badly on the club.

How? club have hardly made a mention of this signing. most of talk coming from Feyenoord end

So you think it's OK to invite a player, his agent and father for a discussion about a transfer, send him away with the impression a move is imminent and then not even bother to contact him to tell him the deal is off or to explain the reason for their silence?

Wow, an interestingly quirky view of business ethics.

All these attempts to justify Villa's behaviour in this transfer saga are a bit laughable.

Villa have looked poor the way they have conducted things and it reflects badly on the club.

How? club have hardly made a mention of this signing. most of talk coming from Feyenoord end

So you think it's OK to invite a player, his agent and father for a discussion about a transfer, send him away with the impression a move is imminent and then not even bother to contact him to tell him the deal is off or to explain the reason for their silence?

Exactly.

I can't believe people think that would be the right way to go about dealing with clubs and individuals.

It is possible Lambert will still seek to complete the deal when he returns from the US, maybe a sale that was going to be made beforehand fell through and has held things up, maybe Lambert was looking at concluding the deal a bit later in the window all along after he had sold a few players. He possibly owes the guy a conversation, but nothing more than that.

Exactly.

I can't believe people think that would be the right way to go about dealing with clubs and individuals.

The thing is, we only know Feyenoords side of the story. Not our side. Maybe we should just wait with the judging untill we do?

Exactly.

The thing is, we only know Feyenoords side of the story. Not our side. Maybe we should just wait with the judging untill we do?

Why would the club and player lie?

Why would Vlaar tell the press he wants to come but lie about villa having no contact?

It makes no sense.