Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to piss on your chips chaps but if we were as skint as you're making out why would we spend 3m on a young unproven RB. Bit of a risk isn't it when you consider we already have 3 squad players who can play there.

THIS x10,000,000... I doubt Lambert would have joined if after spending under £5m he had to sell then to buy more.... he could have stayed at Naaaarich for that!

It'll more likely be the case that we are looking at other alternatives for CBs.... there's plenty out there to be honest and as much as I'd like Mr Vlaar, I'm trusting Lambert's decision making and backing him.

Looks like it's off for now then, odd one.. Hope we go after Douglas, he is a more dynamic cb anyway..

He is more dynamic but he's also more unreliable and error prone, takes longer vacations without informing the club, needs agry management classes and needs to learn how to pass a ball over 5 yards.

That would be quite refreshing, our current CB Collins needs to learn how to pass it under 200 yards.

To be fair, and I think Richard would agree with me here....

If it was on the other foot and say Mysteryman had said the deal was almost done (Not sure on Richards exact words) and then it seemed to collapse, Richard would then question Mysterymans Itk.

I see no problem with that - providing its all in good spirit. Anyone who doesnt take posts on here with a pinch of salt is daft.

Tough one... Looks like PL wanted to meet Vlaar to see what kind of character he is etc?. But PL has, by the look of it, other irons in the fire too maybe? From the info that has been released it looks like we didn't actually make a definate offer for Vlaar just asked to meet him?.. In which case, surely they have jumped to conclusions over in Holland?.. Or have i misread something?

So i doubt these "hurry it up" noises coming out from Feyenoord will have gone down too well with PL.

Obviously they must be anxious to get it done with the Champs League fast approaching etc but if no deal was agreed then surely this is jumping the gun somewhat?

Having said that it does appear that maybe there is a strict policy of no players in for positions we already have covered unless one of them leaves first?...

All i can say is good flipping luck if we are waiting for MON to buy Collins/Warnock or whoever as he doesn't do business until the last day of the window.

:(

You can kind of see why he does that now too... He waits for other teams to do their buying thus leaving themselves overladen with players & therefore desperate to offload them on the last day for a reduced price... So for me if MON is involved we should say buy now or forget it pal!

Otherwise it leaves PL in the position of having to wait until it is way too late to buy... That for me is MON's game.... Forcing the other club to buy first then waiting until the last day before bidding thus forcing that club into a corner & having to then reduce asking price or be stuck with the player & a huge wage bill!

These wannabe ITK's live by the sword and die by it

They get the kudos when their intel is good, but they have to accept the flip side and deal with being found out

These wannabe ITK's live by the sword and die by it

They get the kudos when their intel is good, but they have to accept the flip side and deal with being found out

I've never understood why you're always leading the charge against ITKs when you yourself tried to pass yourself off as one not too long ago.

Lots of conclusion jumping going on here.

Indeed! I know this is a speculation thread but at times it reads as - "If X and if Y then I think Z could be the case." Really?

It could be a simple as there being no serious takers for JC and PL thinking he might as well gain his own opinion on JC's ability during the course of the competitive matches in the US. Or not. :winkold:

Well let's hope this is all down to Lamberts decision. It would be a poor start to his time here if this decision was taken away from him.

If Lambert has had a change of heart or is confident of signing a better player why not communicate properly with his club or the player? I think it's clutching at straws a bit to be honest.

To suggest we wouldn't have heard about this if it wasn't for the picture seems daft. His club have spoken clearly about it and I can't see why they wouldn't have done this through the media without that pic because they are clearly not happy with the way we've approached this.

Randy still has a lot to prove and this kind of stuff isn't helping. The appointment of Lambert should not cover up the awful way he's run this club or the terrible decisions he's made with the browns.

Like I say, I really hope this is all down to Lamberts decision making.

Well let's hope this is all down to Lamberts decision. It would be a poor start to his time here if this decision was taken away from him.

If Lambert has had a change of heart or is confident of signing a better player why not communicate properly with his club or the player? I think it's clutching at straws a bit to be honest.

To suggest we wouldn't have heard about this if it wasn't for the picture seems daft. His club have spoken clearly about it and I can't see why they wouldn't have done this through the media without that pic because they are clearly not happy with the way we've approached this.

Randy still has a lot to prove and this kind of stuff isn't helping. The appointment of Lambert should not cover up the awful way he's run this club or the terrible decisions he's made with the browns.

Like I say, I really hope this is all down to Lamberts decision making.

You seem very hng up on what Randy does or doesn't do and what the hell do the Browns have anything to do with it?

Let it go son, nothing to get in a pickle over we're not going to be relegated well very unlikely and we're not going to win the league, who cares about anything else.

For all we know this type of situation might have happened with x number of players, they just didn't get snapped at the ground though and we were all none the wiser.