Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Off for now', hmmmm.

Vlaar at the team presentation day today

Interviewer: Ron, are you going to Aston Villa...yes or no?

Vlaar: No

Interviewer: Can we conclude that you are going to stay at Feyenoord?

Vlaar: I'm staying as it stands now

Interviewer walks over to Jordy Clasie...

Interview: So Jordy, what's the situation between you and Aston Villa?

Clasie: I prefer to stay at Feyenoord as well :)

'As it stands now', hmmmm. :)

'Off for now', hmmmm.

Vlaar at the team presentation day today

Interviewer: Ron, are you going to Aston Villa...yes or no?

Vlaar: No

Interviewer: Can we conclude that you are going to stay at Feyenoord?

Vlaar: I'm staying as it stands now

Interviewer walks over to Jordy Clasie...

Interview: So Jordy, what's the situation between you and Aston Villa?

Clasie: I prefer to stay at Feyenoord as well :)

'As it stands now', hmmmm. :)

I think the transfer to Villa is a definite no. I think the ''as it stands now'' part is lack of concrete interest from another club. He may still leave at a later time if another club comes in ofcourse.

I guess we must be in for somebody else, because surely he wouldn't of been approached if we were on a strict sell to buy policy. Our expectations as fans have been severely lowered, you'd think the club would reach our new expectations but no they even go about business in a unprofessional manner. :|

Absolutely awful from Villa.

Is it though? Why should we jump just because they've asked us too?

We should conduct our business in our own time. Feyenoord having a Champions League match isn't our problem whatsoever. If we decide to go in for Vlaar in 2 weeks then Feyenoord have the option to reject the bid, and Vlaar has the option of rejecting us. If they decide to do that then so be it.

We only knew about it because someone snapped him at Villa park. I wander how many other players clubs talk to and they never sign, and you never hear about it.

This, i trust Lambert to sort our defence out by the end of the window, no need to panic because of this, still may happen.

We should conduct our business in our own time. Feyenoord having a Champions League match isn't our problem whatsoever. If we decide to go in for Vlaar in 2 weeks then Feyenoord have the option to reject the bid, and Vlaar has the option of rejecting us. If they decide to do that then so be it.

It will be if Collins and Dunne are out centre half combo at West Ham.

I am relaxed though, Lambert clearly wants to shake things up at centre half so I'd be amazed if we didn't sign anyone else.

Richard is about as ITK as my neighbours budgie

Caught out along with the others

Depends really, does your neighbour work for tescos ? Or did he get the budgie food from there?

That was some lucky streak I was on there. Let's see....

1. Said lambert was coming before it got serious in the press.

2. Said culverhouse and karsa were ours when others said different ( I also said it may take some time)

3. Said kea had signed before it was officially announced

4. Then said "that's the thing with signings you wait for one then two come along at once, a day or so before lowton signed.

So the same place were I got all that gave me the nod that Vlaar was as good as done, hence my welcome and later statements that I'd be amazed if it fell through. I'd still be amazed so let's see what happens.

I will say I've not had any contact in the last week or so but I tell you what CI as soon as I do I'll keep it to myself so as not to upset you

Haha, bravo sir :lol:

Yeah for the time being. He is hedging his bets by reaffirming his affection for Feyenoord just in case. He probably should have kept his trap shut and not talked of Villa being a dream move.

Yeah, it seems like Vlaar overplayed his hand, and is now scrambling to save face.

It's possible that there was a simple lack of clarity during the talks?

It's all gone a bit messy with his agent and Koeman sullying the Villa name in the press.

We can't be having situations like this play out in the media.

It has all come from Feyenoord. Koeman was a cheating bastard as a player and he is just as irritating as a manager.

I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be a bit disappointed if we missed out on Vlaar, but with that said I trust PL 100%.

If he's changed his mind, or found another target then so be it.

As for people saying that this could be showing a back-track from the board re transfer funds - I don't believe for one minute that PL would've come here if he was going to be working under a penny-pinching budget.

Yeah I remember Koeman cheating Sir Graham's England in 1994 qualification. Tosser.

Yah but he also scored a blinding free kick that night too

Shouldn't have been on the pitch after his professional foul.

All these attempts to justify Villa's behaviour in this transfer saga are a bit laughable.

Villa have looked poor the way they have conducted things and it reflects badly on the club.

How? club have hardly made a mention of this signing. most of talk coming from Feyenoord end

It will be if Collins and Dunne are out centre half combo at West Ham.

I am relaxed though, Lambert clearly wants to shake things up at centre half so I'd be amazed if we didn't sign anyone else.

It seems quite clear that PL wants to keep Dunne around, anyway.

All these attempts to justify Villa's behaviour in this transfer saga are a bit laughable.

Villa have looked poor the way they have conducted things and it reflects badly on the club.

How? club have hardly made a mention of this signing. most of talk coming from Feyenoord end

Yep, Feyenoord are the ones making the fuss and talking to the press. If anything Feyenoord is the club that's looking bad right now.