Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

All these attempts to justify Villa's behaviour in this transfer saga are a bit laughable.

Villa have looked poor the way they have conducted things and it reflects badly on the club.

How? club have hardly made a mention of this signing. most of talk coming from Feyenoord end

So you think it's OK to invite a player, his agent and father for a discussion about a transfer, send him away with the impression a move is imminent and then not even bother to contact him to tell him the deal is off or to explain the reason for their silence?

Wow, an interestingly quirky view of business ethics.

Exactly.

I can't believe people think that would be the right way to go about dealing with clubs and individuals.

The thing is, we only know Feyenoords side of the story. Not our side. Maybe we should just wait with the judging untill we do?

Why would the club and player lie?

Why would Vlaar tell the press he wants to come but lie about villa having no contact?

It makes no sense.

that fact it makes no sense is a clue that you're asking the wrong questions

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these attempts to justify Villa's behaviour in this transfer saga are a bit laughable.

Villa have looked poor the way they have conducted things and it reflects badly on the club.

How? club have hardly made a mention of this signing. most of talk coming from Feyenoord end

So you think it's OK to invite a player, his agent and father for a discussion about a transfer, send him away with the impression a move is imminent and then not even bother to contact him to tell him the deal is off or to explain the reason for their silence?

Exactly.

I can't believe people think that would be the right way to go about dealing with clubs and individuals.

The thing is, we only know Feyenoords side of the story. Not our side. Maybe we should just wait with the judging untill we do?

Why would the club and player lie?

Why would Vlaar tell the press he wants to come but lie about villa having no contact?

It makes no sense.

that fact it makes no sense is a clue that you're asking the wrong questions

Yep. And why do people lie? Well, I've never figured that one out yet, really, as I try as much as possible to stay away from it. But people do lie sometimes for different reasons. And it's quite possible they don't lie this time. But it's at least for me impossible to know whether they do or not. I don't know the full story. And maybe Vlaar and Feyenoord hasn't told the full story either. They wanna look good in everyones eye just as much as anyone does.

Vlaar wanted to come here. I would imagine that would be more important to him than looking good in the press.

If we had contacted them and they are bullshitting why wouldn't we speak and clear up the situation because we don't look good from it.

John we dont know whats going on, you seem to be jumping to a big conclusion about Randy not backing Paul and talking as though it is fact, when we have no idea and its just a hunch you have.

Wouldnt it be nice to just think positively for once? Maybe we have something better lined up.

Vlaar wanted to come here. I would imagine that would be more important to him than looking good in the press.

If we had contacted them and they are bullshitting why wouldn't we speak and clear up the situation because we don't look good from it.

maybe cause he doesnt want to burn bridges at Feyenoord, its also never been a Villa policy to talk to the press about transfer dealings

Its no different than going for a job interview and not receiving a call-back from the company to say you didnt get the job.

maybe cause he doesnt want to burn bridges at Feyenoord, its also never been a Villa policy to talk to the press about transfer dealings

So you're suggesting we have contacted him or not? You claim its not an issue if we haven't but also seem to support the idea we have and him and his club are just making shit up.

why shouldnt we? if another Premier League club did it a lot of people be praising them for standing their ground.

seems like the villa board are damned if the did and damned if they dont by some fans

why shouldnt we? if another Premier League club did it a lot of people be praising them for standing their ground.

seems like the villa board are damned if the did and damned if they dont by some fans

What exactly are we standing our ground on?

Its no different than going for a job interview and not receiving a call-back from the company to say you didnt get the job.

And you think it's OK to behave like that?

Christ, get over it will you. The constant need to beat the club to death is tiring and frankly starting to really, really **** grind me down.

People like you drive fans like me away from football. Get a **** grip.

What exactly are we standing our ground on?

Why is it important? So important you've spent your entire day, perhaps week worrying about it?

And you think it's OK to behave like that?

Christ, get over it will you. The constant need to beat the club to death is tiring and frankly starting to really, really **** grind me down.

People like you drive fans like me away from football. Get a **** grip.

If you can't stand the heat, don't play with fire. There's been a lot worse in the past and frankly the man has a right to complain if he wants to. We haven't come out of this covered in glory.

If you can't stand the heat, don't play with fire. There's been a lot worse in the past and frankly the man has a right to complain if he wants to. We haven't come out of this covered in glory.

Play with fire?

I'm sorry but it's a **** game. It's supposed to "fun", we're supposed to be "fans" not constant critics.

You are correct, he has a right. I didn't say he didn't. I simply can't stand this bollocks any more. It's one thing moaning about McLeish, a man who destroyed the club ON the pitch, but this is just petty beyond belief. Honestly, it's boggled my brain.

Play with fire?

I'm sorry but it's a **** game. It's supposed to "fun", we're supposed to be "fans" not constant critics.

You are correct, he has a right. I didn't say he didn't. I simply can't stand this bollocks any more. It's one thing moaning about McLeish, a man who destroyed the club ON the pitch, but this is just petty beyond belief. Honestly, it's boggled my brain.

Rise above it. Let others gnash their teeth over a minor situation they have not got all the facts about. The player and his club will have got over this long before a couple of VTers will!:lol:

Some may enjoy jumping to conclusions and thinking that we've done something terrible but I think they should gain perspective and stop wailing about it. :)

If PL thought we needed him we would of tied him up ages ago.

We have the money, if the budget was that small he wouldn't of spent 3 mill on a youngster who wont develop for a year or 2.

Either PL has tried to buy time, assess current defenders on this tour, and its backfired. or a better CB has become available.