Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

He certainly didn't cover himself in glory last night, got caught out a couple of times.. Time he wasn't really attacking OR defending.. He reminded me a little bit of Bennett last year, uncertain.

That said, I've raved about how good he was last year, and like others, think this is just a blip in form.

He'll come good, maybe he's the type of player who likes playing with a settled team, we've made a few changes lately and swapped things around, I'm sure he'll be just as good soon as he was last year.

I still think, with a good 4/6 months in front of him, he's an outside chance at getting an England cap.

I'll very grudgingly concede that I'd probably take Walker. I'm just saying he hasn't continued the development he had at us and he hasn't turned into the Cafu-esque wingback that most people assumed he would. He is now the weak link in a Spurs back 4 and is hardly even the player that they took back from us.

Maybe he still has a lot to learn defensively. If he is their weak link in the back 4 he's also the most attacking threat out of their back four. I just really rate him. I agree at Villa he was brilliant. As good a right back as we have had in my opinion.

The lack of confidence in his game was very evident last night. He was brilliant at the end of last season. I'm sure he'll get it back because although Bacuna has more pace he's nowhere near as good on the ball as Lowton.

I don't remember him being brilliant last season but I certainly remember him being overrated. I also remember him costing us a goal in the last game of the season because of his awful ongoing habit of being out of position. I think Lambert has finally come to his senses and dropped him.

I'll very grudgingly concede that I'd probably take Walker. I'm just saying he hasn't continued the development he had at us and he hasn't turned into the Cafu-esque wingback that most people assumed he would. He is now the weak link in a Spurs back 4 and is hardly even the player that they took back from us.

To be fair, 23 is still young for a defender. So he's still got a lot to learn. My brother who is a Spurs fan, said they were looking at other options if Walker continues to stutter, possibly Sébastien Corchia.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Thought Lowton was excellent last season, but seems to have lost confidence this season.

Perhaps it is the arrival of Bacuna, although Bacuna is not a dedicated right back.

Lowton was nailed on to start every game last season, barring injury, but something has definitely knocked him back.

The lack of confidence in his game was very evident last night. He was brilliant at the end of last season. I'm sure he'll get it back because although Bacuna has more pace he's nowhere near as good on the ball as Lowton.

I don't remember him being brilliant last season but I certainly remember him being overrated. I also remember him costing us a goal in the last game of the season because of his awful ongoing habit of being out of position. I think Lambert has finally come to his senses and dropped him.

No his performance against Sunderland was as good a performance from a full back I have ever seen. How many killer crosses did he produce. How about the goal of the season. He's not overrated he's a darn good player.

No his performance against Sunderland was as good a performance from a full back I have ever seen. How many killer crosses did he produce. How about the goal of the season. He's not overrated he's a darn good player.

He cost us a number of goals last season due to his appalling positional play and is nowhere near as good as many Villa fans try and make out. He's the sort of player who get anywhere near our team just a few short years ago thanks to our esteemed chairman's lack of interest in our club.

He consistently does the same things that Luna has been criticised  for, ie comes in too close to the CBs, yet he's had a season to put this right and, well, hasn't

Really hope it isn't a case of new contract or 2nd season syndrome, but he just doesn't look the same player at the mo.

I'd start Bacuna against Citeh.

I thought he was poor as a defender last season at times but for some reason he was hailed as a revelation.

He had an amazing game against Sunderland and looked good going forward but he was part of an awful defence and did little to help it.

I think he was a little better than you are making out, but yeah not by much. I agree with another poster above about the ball watching, prob somethnig he could get away with in league 1 but it's this league where you get caught out

He ran that game versus Sunderland from right back. In my opinion he was very solid last year and was the stand out performer in the back line, the only one who covered themselves in any glory at all. Least we forget without his 2 goals we'd probably be talking about how he did against the likes of Tom Ince right now.

Â