Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

I said in another thread - his body language v Newcastle was awful  - I sit right by that right hand side - and he looked very unhappy. The way he kept halting play to pass the ball backwards (ie sort of making a poinr of it)  was most unlike him.......and he had a stinker !!! 

• Like 1

This is why its good to have cover better than Eric Lichaj and Enda Stevens, as Lowton will really need to raise his game to get back in the team.

Perhaps the new contract he got in the summer has gone to his head?

Apparently he had a busy up with Lambert Cowens and Ian Ormondroid.

What's a busy up? ;)

And who are Lambert Cowens & Ian Ormondroid??? So many questions!

Lambert Cowens is a well known associate of andykeenan

He should be okay, just dropped for form issues.

Which is great to see tbh. Lowton could've been seen as one of the untouchables after last season. No harm at all in letting him and everyone else see that no-one is undroppable.
  • Like 2

matt lowton or kyle walker?

Walker has seriously regressed of late. Similar in a way to Matty. So the grass isn't always greener.

Really has he! Kyle walker is always going to be ahead of Lowton because he has pace. There's no quicker fullback in the country. He didn't venture forward so much yesterday but was brilliant against Cardiff.

I'll very grudgingly concede that I'd probably take Walker. I'm just saying he hasn't continued the development he had at us and he hasn't turned into the Cafu-esque wingback that most people assumed he would. He is now the weak link in a Spurs back 4 and is hardly even the player that they took back from us.

Lowton just doesn't look confident at all. Doesn't have the same burst going forward and looks completely lost defending. I hope he gets his head straight soon.

I think both full backs are suffering from a lack of protection.

Either Weimann needs to work back more or, preferably, Sylla needs to cover the right wing, Delph the left.

Â