General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well when they're not fit they don't get paid. Minimal risk.

It's not just the money. When they don't play we will be back with the same squad that has been awful for the last 2 games. We need 4 or 5 players that will go straight in to the first team and will play 30 league games+ for the rest of the season.

Re sign Carew free agent still only 32 would do a job alongside bent or wieman

'Villa75' do you know something, in our current situation thats not a bad shout and i'd add in Reo-Coker there as well. In any other time or place i'd describe your suggestion and mine as being completely mad but Bent at the moment is carrying a newspaper under one arm and a deck chair under the other while wearing our shirt. Carew just being upfront for us would at least make opposing defenders think and they'd have a few bruises by the end of the game.

We are desperately crying out for a defensive mid and even if it is one as limited as Reo-Coker then i'd welcome it, if we have currently a very limited transfer budget.

I certainly hope that the reality of the situation is that Lambert is still sitting on a decent transfer budget and is waiting until the last few days to spend it thereby being nowhere near the the two players we have suggested but re-signing Carew and Reo-Coker on short term contracts with low wages, until the end of the season if this is not the case would at least be a decent shout.

LB, Huddlestone, Ince/Philips/Sinclair and a striker is what we should be looking at in this last week imo. Really untimely injuries for Gabby, Marc and Dunne as all three would have improved our first XI yesterday in all honesty. But that's why you need squad depth in the first place which is why new signings should be a priority and I'm sure Lambert realizes that as well.

We need 4 or 5 players that will go straight in to the first team and will play 30 league games+ for the rest of the season.

Where on earth are you going to get those 5 players at this stage ?

Re sign Carew free agent still only 32 would do a job alongside bent or wieman

'Villa75' do you know something, in our current situation thats not a bad shout and i'd add in Reo-Coker there as well. In any other time or place i'd describe your suggestion and mine as being completely mad but Bent at the moment is carrying a newspaper under one arm and a deck chair under the other while wearing our shirt. Carew just being upfront for us would at least make opposing defenders think and they'd have a few bruises by the end of the game.

We are desperately crying out for a defensive mid and even if it is one as limited as Reo-Coker then i'd welcome it, if we have currently a very limited transfer budget.

I certainly hope that the reality of the situation is that Lambert is still sitting on a decent transfer budget and is waiting until the last few days to spend it thereby being nowhere near the the two players we have suggested but re-signing Carew and Reo-Coker on short term contracts with low wages, until the end of the season if this is not the case would at least be a decent shout.

I was going to suggest NRC as well but did not want to suggest both as fear of being lambasted by everyone

We need 4 or 5 players that will go straight in to the first team and will play 30 league games+ for the rest of the season.

Where on earth are you going to get those 5 players at this stage ?

Not my problem. It is what we need and there is still time. If we are having this discussion on friday lunchtime then i'll have a rethink.

Sadly I sense that we probably will be having this discussion.

I keep saying it, let's get Reo Coker back on a free, he's without a club so will probably only ask for about 20-25k p/w, nothing like the figures that where being mentioned before his contract expired, he's a midfield destroyer, a leader, big engine, aggressive, knows the club, and experienced premier league player which is something we are disastrously lacking at the minute, won't break the bank. As a stop gap, I think he'd do a good job until the fruits of our European scouting network uncover some gems.... I personally think it's a no-brainer.