General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess the quote "“It’s difficult because of the prices and that’s a hard thing" sums up the reason why we are not been linked with players, simply because we cannot afford any. Hope I'm wrong, our squad is relegation battling fodder at the moment, very light and low on overall quality. Pull your finger out Randy!

I don't rate Adam Johnson as highly as many seem to do here. I think he's the definition of a highlights player and I also think he's lazy. He won't go for less than 12m pounds and for me that's just another overpriced English player.

Lambert seems to a man that says it how it is. Words like 'difficult' and 'might' do not feel me with confidence.

Its' going to be a tough year but then hopefully with 6 months to a year of top scouting we will have plenty of targets on the cheap come January and next summer. If we are near the bottom come January than Lerner will have no choice but to spend.

IMO This season is all about keeping our premier league status and nothing more.

Even if we do manage to bring 1 or 2 players in the next week unless they turn out to be hidden gems its not going to be enough. We need a complete overhaul and as it seems it needs to be done on the cheap, it will take several years.

problem is if we have a buy to sell mentality, by excluding warnock and hgutton from squads doesnt exactly make potential suitors think they are much cop. at least if they were in te squad and being involved, should we be left with them next week at least they know what the craic is and are ready to play if needs be. i think its bad man management to exclude two senior players from the first team squad for the sake of it when we are woefully short of players of any nature. of we cant flog them do we think they'll suddenly want to give 110% for PL if he asks. i would, but im a villa fan, this is their job and if my boss made it clear he didnt want me there, when he needed me i might do the same back to him!

And the realisation that nobody is going to be brought in slowly sinks in.

This is a 'football club' that aims to survive and nothing more. Sure they can say things - but actions are ultimately what counts.

Does this mean Lerner and Co were lying when they said that the manager would be backed to match his ambitions?

Have they been beating the PR wardrum again to sell a couple thousand more season tickets?

Only time will tell tick tock

I think that if our squad is not strengthened further the board will have nowhere to hide in terms of PR stunts. Over the last 2 seasons we have all argued over MON's crazy spending, the clubs spiralling wages (now seemingly under control), both Houllier and AMC and continued to support RL and PF throughout (and rightly so)...for now.

You under estimate how stupid Falkner and Lerner think we are. Throw in some crap about a new manager, how it's a transition and then dangle the carrot of 'but it might be different in January or next summer' and you'll be surprised how many will swallow it. Except, of course, it'll be through Kendrick and Abraham who have been rather quiet on it all recently.

However, every time they dangle that carrot of 'next time will be different, lessons have been learnt' less and less people will fall for it. Last year it was 'Imagine what McLeish will be like if backed'. This year is 'lessons have been learnt and Paul will be backed to have the squad he wants'.

Aston Villa are fast giving up on the 'football club' bit.

Even if we do manage to bring 1 or 2 players in the next week unless they turn out to be hidden gems its not going to be enough. We need a complete overhaul and as it seems it needs to be done on the cheap, it will take several years.

I blieve it's the wages that are the issue though. Think if Lambert identified a striker who would cost £15m but would sign on for £10k a week there'd be no issue. But we simply do not have the capacity to add players that would sit amongst our top earners without freeing up some room in the wage budget first.

Lambert seems to a man that says it how it is. Words like 'difficult' and 'might' do not feel me with confidence.

Its' going to be a tough year but then hopefully with 6 months to a year of top scouting we will have plenty of targets on the cheap come January and next summer. If we are near the bottom come January than Lerner will have no choice but to spend.

IMO This season is all about keeping our premier league status and nothing more.

I agree with this. I think premiership survival is all the club are looking for this season while we scout cheaper better players and get rid of the final few over the top earners.

He says 'it's well documented what kind of players I'm going for' but is that true? I must have missed that because I have no idea what kind of player he wants, unless he just means ones from Holland.

He said at the forum 'Young, enthusiastic and hungry to play for the club'

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews

Sky Sources: Sunderland in talks with Manchester City winger Adam Johnson. #SSN

If Sunderland are in for him, and he wants a move from Citeh, that's where he'll end up in my opinion. He's a local lad, and they're his boyhood club.

He says 'it's well documented what kind of players I'm going for' but is that true? I must have missed that because I have no idea what kind of player he wants, unless he just means ones from Holland.

He said at the forum 'Young, enthusiastic and hungry to play for the club'

Won't be easy finding any young, enthusiatic players who'll be hungry to play for a club that by all evidence lacks ambition...