General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno mate i'd say each to there own but in the games Bannan has played so far he's done nothing but disappoint me. Looks for the hollywood pass way too often. I'm hopeful though that he will slot in nicely with the type of football Lambert is hoping to get us to play.

If Bannan has done nothing but disappoint you then I don't think you've watched much of him play at all. He does go for ambitious passes but a lot of the time he completes them - I don't think we have a better passer of the ball at the club in terms of range and accuracy.

I'm a home season ticket holder. So unless he only plays well in away games i have to disagree with you.

I've got to say, I'm much more interested in this season being about getting a new style of play ready and weeding out the players with shitty attitudes than having unrealistic illusions of us signing everyone we need immediately. These things take time.

Exactly. Whilst the squad is weak, i have faith that PL will deliver a far better season than his 2 predecessors.

There were positive signs last saturday which given how little time he has had to get the players to buy into his philosophy is promising.

Clearly there are players he's lined up but he's stated he's not going to pay over the odds for them. I'm optimistic that there will be a couple of additions in the next week but i'd prefer we took this stance rather than fork out ridiculous sums of money for journey men like Jarvis and Fletcher.

Wasn't that approach that got into us the financial mess we're slowly climbing out of?

my concern is im not worried these days who l'plop sign or arsenal sign, its the fact stoke, saints, sunderland, baggies, west ham are all spending and they'll be the ones we are competing with now. they are spending 30 million to guarantee 50 million from tv rights. given the new deal its worth billions so dropping out of prem is costlier than ever. to try and cut back and reduce wages and leave squad so think will cost us ten fold if we go down. yes it needs to be done but not to point we're down.

So just to move away from the "oh my god we're shit cos we aren't signing anyone" element of this thread. Realistically what OUT's & IN's would people like to see in the next 7 days...

OUT - Warnock, Hutton, Makoun, Delfouneso (Loan)

IN - Cresswell, Adam, Phillips, Carroll

Get to work PF.

I'm a home season ticket holder. So unless he only plays well in away games i have to disagree with you.

Then we disagree.

Being a season-ticket holder means nothing in these days though, when it comes to being able to judge whether a player is good enough or not.

I was encouraged by our passing game for the first 30 minutes against West Ham .

Blimey, this opening spell of "total football" v west ham people keep referring back to is getting longer by the day! First it was 10 mins, which quickly became 15, 20, 25 and now 30.

I can see this becoming engrained in VT speak, in the same way Makoun had a blinder at ManUre.

I will wager now, If a signing isn't in today thats it until Tuesday.

So just to move away from the "oh my god we're shit cos we aren't signing anyone" element of this thread. Realistically what OUT's & IN's would people like to see in the next 7 days...

OUT - Warnock, Hutton, Makoun, Delfouneso (Loan)

IN - Cresswell, Adam, Phillips, Carroll

Get to work PF.

I think the most important 'out' on loan would be Gardner - he really needs to start showing the promise he did at youth level because we haven't seen any of it yet.

Astonvilla_views was the same guy who said Benteke was at BMH right?

;)

Someone in the comments on that site said it was Benteke, then the site started running that it might be him.

I was encouraged by our passing game for the first 30 minutes against West Ham .

Blimey, this opening spell of "total football" v west ham people keep referring back to is getting longer by the day! First it was 10 mins, which quickly became 15, 20, 25 and now 30.

I can see this becoming engrained in VT speak, in the same way Makoun had a blinder at ManUre.

It was a good passing spell against West Ham and it did last about 20/30mins.

Makoun did play a blinder against Man Utd.

That is the least bold bet I've ever seen.

Of course a signing won't be official until Tuesday but work will continue over the bank holiday weekend.

Adam Johnson in talls with F***in sunderland. What are we playing at. What was all that bollox about 'proud history, bright future'? So frustrating, apparently citeh only want £10m for him, hes just what we need anyone can see that. Randy must want to see his club competing and not scrappin at the bottom, hes just about to pocket £1b so bring i some quality!! FFS

Adam Johnson in talls with F***in sunderland. What are we playing at. What was all that bollox about 'proud history, bright future'? So frustrating, apparently citeh only want £10m for him, hes just what we need anyone can see that. Randy must want to see his club competing and not scrappin at the bottom, hes just about to pocket £1b so bring i some quality!! FFS

Or perhaps Lambert doesn't want him?

Or perhaps Johnson wants to move north?

Nah its probably Randy's fault.

Only ten million. Put that in a % of what Randy paid for the club and you might understand what an insane remark that was :shock:

tumblr_m43c22QI0y1r96x1xo1_400.png

proud history, bright future you say? Well getting the wage down is going to preserve our future.

We don't need players asking for £90k+ a week and haven't even earned it, and only think they are entitled to that much is because they were getting paid £100k at Man City.