General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still believe we'll spend and make at least two new signings. I trust my info, at this stage

Sad thing is that two is about half what is required to make this a decent transfer window.

I think it will be two as well, Carroll and Cresswell and I think that will set us up just fine for now. Maybe a surprise midfielder on deadline day if Warnock, Hutton and Makoun are all shipped out by Friday week.

When everyone is fit I'd go for something like:

....................Given......................

Lowton....Vlaar....Clark....Cresswell

..................El Ahmadi..................

...Holman......................Delph.......

....................Ireland....................

.........Carroll..............Bent...........

Subs: Guzan, Lichaj, Dunne, N'Zogbia, Bannan, Gabby, Weimann

Squad players or loans: Delfouneso, Herd, Curruthers, Albrighton, Stevens Gardner, Baker

That team should be good enough to stay up.

Woohoo! "Good enough to stay up". Excitement...

Rumours all over Shitter about Stefan Kiesling, wanted us to sign him a few years back, I always thought he was underrated, not seen him for a while though.

Oh yeah and it's on Twitter so it's bound to be 100% factual.

Someone's even updated his Wiki page ;)

Lambert & Faulkner have both effectively said we're done this window which is a worry. We are nowhere near strong enough as a squad. Still they aren't going to shift anymore STs now. Maybe another signing first week in Jan and all the hype about half year ST's.

Lambert & Faulkner have both effectively said we're done this window which is a worry. We are nowhere near strong enough as a squad. Still they aren't going to shift anymore STs now. Maybe another signing first week in Jan and all the hype about half year ST's.

No, they have not said that...

Sorry? Where are these statements?

I haven't seen Faulkner say anything.

And Lambert has been quite candid, saying they are working on things but would be happy to go to January with this squad. (said effectively to pander to the egos on the current squad members)

He said: “I’ve spoken to Randy [Lerner, the club chairman] and we’ve just bounced things off one another. If something can be done, then great. We’ve still got a week to go so we’ll see.

“We will have to wait and see but any manager will tell you, you are always going to look for players. I don’t think you ever stop looking for players. You have always got to try and improve.”

I think he is "effectively" saying something else entirely

Yes they have, effectively, they have said that

no.

"we go with what we've got" Paul Lambert

Wasnt that going into the West Ham game?

Yes he was talking about the West Ham game not the whole season. CI has misunderstood.

I think we will get a left back and another forward and hope it is enough to keep us up. Then we try and improve again next summer.

If he meant in relation to west ham only, fair enough, I read between the lines and saw Lerner locking his cheque book away for another 6 months. Guess we'll see over the next 7 days.

Mark Lawrenson who is more ITK than anyone on here or twitter -

"You could argue Villa need to add to their squad before the transfer window shuts next Friday but I am not sure they are a club that does much business anymore - the purse strings are very tight."

Mark Lawrenson who is more ITK than anyone on here or twitter -

"You could argue Villa need to add to their squad before the transfer window shuts next Friday but I am not sure they are a club that does much business anymore - the purse strings are very tight."

He's probably the most ill-informed pundit out there and his tenuous links to the game are from a bygone era.