General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be two as well, Carroll and Cresswell and I think that will set us up just fine for now. Maybe a surprise midfielder on deadline day if Warnock, Hutton and Makoun are all shipped out by Friday week.

When everyone is fit I'd go for something like:

....................Given......................

Lowton....Vlaar....Clark....Cresswell

..................El Ahmadi..................

...Holman......................Delph.......

....................Ireland....................

.........Carroll..............Bent...........

Subs: Guzan, Lichaj, Dunne, N'Zogbia, Bannan, Gabby, Weimann

Squad players or loans: Delfouneso, Herd, Curruthers, Albrighton, Stevens Gardner, Baker

I would be more than happy with that squad.

Having Carroll, Bent or Gabby upfront, with balls put through to them from Holman, Delph, Ireland, Bannan or N'Zogbia should easily be enough.

The defence is less convincing, but it has potential, and I'd much rather that defence than 'Hutton-Collins-Dunne-Warnock'.

Amazing the propensity of those on here to look for or sympathise with any information or itk that says we are going to do nothing or that's it for us, but rubbish or not sympathise with any information or itk that says we will be getting more.

I really don't see Carroll coming. We don't have that kind of money. If we did have, we'd be spending it on other players. Not sure why people seem to think it's even a possibility.

i agree we'd be spending it on other players but the problem is its a bit of a free for all at this time and its more a case of who you get.

as for lawro - he wouldnt have a clue. i remember his friday score prediction on bbc.co.uk a couple of years ago was "stoke will be looking to finish top half with this win" - but they were 7 points off 10th with a game to go. probably on £500k and doesnt have a clue. jobs for the boys.

id believe his opinion on gay saunas though

Mark Lawrenson who is more ITK than anyone on here or twitter -

"You could argue Villa need to add to their squad before the transfer window shuts next Friday but I am not sure they are a club that does much business anymore - the purse strings are very tight."

Haha, of course he is. The only thing Mark Lawrenson knows about Villa is that if Darren Bent is fit, he scores goals.

Kammy I think people have been unfairly influenced all summer by all the nonsense off twitter and "ITK" noise.

Reality is something quite different.

I enjoy getting swept away by the speculation as much as the next guy, but nothing about the Carroll rumours even begin to add up. Maybe I'll be proved wrong but the deal seems to make no sense and conflicts with everything else that has happened in the window so far.

Mat Kendrick?@MatKendrick

Paul Lambert rules out moves for Kenwyne Jones and Jermain Defoe. "Those won't happen." #avfc

Thank god, do not want any of those two near villa park. i really hope we can sign at least 3 players, i would be pleased with that, ideallly 4 but a LB, striker and midfielder would bode well plus we have gabby, marc and richard dunne returning soon

Mat Kendrick?@MatKendrick

Paul Lambert rules out moves for Kenwyne Jones and Jermain Defoe. "Those won't happen." #avfc

Glad about Jones and not surprised about Defoe. He won't leave Spurs. Would have liked him here though. He's still a bloody good striker.