General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I have a feeling it's Andy Carroll

There's hope and there's Bob Hope

This is a non starter

I think you have that phrase all wrong.

This doesn't surprise me though. You're an idiot.

More dogging lol

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AVB has come out and said he isn't signing anymore strikers this window, so I doubt Defore will be going anywhere.

I wouldn't take AVB's comments at face value - there's a lot of smokescreens swirling around at Spurs currently.

I think there's a decent chance that Spurs will sign another striker, in which case, given Defoe's strong desire for regular first team football, it wouldn't surprise me greatly (but still a little bit) if Defoe is allowed to leave. This assumes, of course, that he'd be willing to sign for club X and that a reasonable fee is involved for Spurs.

Glaston I really can't see you selling Defoe.

Even if you did sign someone like Damiano, that would leave you with Adebayor, Damiano and Harry Kane. Say Adebayor breaks his leg the game after the transfer window, then you'd be left with Kane and the new signing until January.

You wouldn't be winning many games if that happened so Defoe stays until January I reckon.

AVB has come out and said he isn't signing anymore strikers this window, so I doubt Defore will be going anywhere.

I wouldn't take AVB's comments at face value - there's a lot of smokescreens swirling around at Spurs currently.

I think there's a decent chance that Spurs will sign another striker, in which case, given Defoe's strong desire for regular first team football, it wouldn't surprise me greatly (but still a little bit) if Defoe is allowed to leave. This assumes, of course, that he'd be willing to sign for club X and that a reasonable fee is involved for Spurs.

Glaston I really can't see you selling Defoe.

Even if you did sign someone like Damiano, that would leave you with Adebayor, Damiano and Harry Kane. Say Adebayor breaks his leg the game after the transfer window, then you'd be left with Kane and the new signing until January.

You wouldn't be winning many games if that happened so Defoe stays until January I reckon.

And what happens if Bent breaks his? Who do we have... Shudder

What the **** has Spurs transfers got to do with AVB anyway. 'Appy 'Arry has already told us all, over and over again that "Daniel deals wiv all that."

Levy deals with fee negotiations (and wages for incoming players). He doesn't choose which new players are needed (or can be let go).

It's stupid to believe that AVB has nothing to do with Spurs transfers.

I've given an informed opinion about Defoe, who has been mentioned a fair bit on VT. Your response is aggressive nonsense.

I like to think of it as colourfully punctuated. For example: To be fair I didn't even read your **** post, as every time I see your name on this board I glance the **** past whatever is written next to it.

Because i expect to see us scraping the bottom of the barrel here are a few free agents we may be interested in

Steve Gohouri

Nigel Reo Coker

Salif Diao

James McFadden

Michael Owen

Craig Gordon

Somen Tchoyi

Danny Gabbidon

Owen Hargreaves

Riccardo Gardner

Now i wouldn't touch any with a barge pole but who knows

This assumes, of course, that he'd be willing to sign for club X and that a reasonable fee is involved for Spurs.

Spurs haven't accepted a reasonable fee in years- Levy is a genius in fairness.

A reasonable fee for a player of Defoe's age would be around what? £8-10m?

In this window, with Fletcher having gone for a ridiculous fee, I can see Levy wringing £18m out of Defoe and frankly for that you can keep him.

I still believe we'll spend and make at least two new signings. I trust my info, at this stage

Sad thing is that two is about half what is required to make this a decent transfer window.

I think it will be two as well, Carroll and Cresswell and I think that will set us up just fine for now. Maybe a surprise midfielder on deadline day if Warnock, Hutton and Makoun are all shipped out by Friday week.

When everyone is fit I'd go for something like:

....................Given......................

Lowton....Vlaar....Clark....Cresswell

..................El Ahmadi..................

...Holman......................Delph.......

....................Ireland....................

.........Carroll..............Bent...........

Subs: Guzan, Lichaj, Dunne, N'Zogbia, Bannan, Gabby, Weimann

Squad players or loans: Delfouneso, Herd, Curruthers, Albrighton, Stevens Gardner, Baker

Been away all day today, was really hoping we would have signed someone today in time for the Everton game. Pretty disappointed that hasnt happened really. Starting to get worried now. Our squad is still so poor.

Been away all day today, was really hoping we would have signed someone today in time for the Everton game. Pretty disappointed that hasnt happened really. Starting to get worried now. Our squad is still so poor.

Get used to it. The Yanks have thrown in the towel

Get used to it. The Yanks have thrown in the towel

:lol::lol:

Well i'll give them til the end of the window before I completely write them off.

I still believe we'll spend and make at least two new signings. I trust my info, at this stage

Sad thing is that two is about half what is required to make this a decent transfer window.

I think it will be two as well, Carroll and Cresswell and I think that will set us up just fine for now. Maybe a surprise midfielder on deadline day if Warnock, Hutton and Makoun are all shipped out by Friday week.

When everyone is fit I'd go for something like:

....................Given......................

Lowton....Vlaar....Clark....Cresswell

..................El Ahmadi..................

...Holman......................Delph.......

....................Ireland....................

.........Carroll..............Bent...........

Subs: Guzan, Lichaj, Dunne, N'Zogbia, Bannan, Gabby, Weimann

Squad players or loans: Delfouneso, Herd, Curruthers, Albrighton, Stevens Gardner, Baker

That team should be good enough to stay up.