Brett Holman

ozvillafan

Good goal today but he started looking tired in the second half. But on the whole I think he does what Ireland was meant to do much better i.e creating chances, shooting, being direct, pressing the opposition.

I disagree, Ireland gives much more fluidity, composure and creativity on the pitch than Holman but Holman is good to have on the pitch due his engine and good pressing, would love to have both of them on the pitch at the same time.

Holman has demonstrated better technique in his shooting and a sharper mind for a killer pass. I think he runs himself into the ground too quickly.

He tends to be very inconsistent on passes, shooting and first touches. Might because he's not fully up yet on pace of the premier league and hurries up unnecessarely but hopefully he gets there.

Good goal, very average player.

This all day long for me. Good goal. But as a player, he is very average. His first touch is appalling. I do admire his work-rate but he tends to fade out after 45 mins once he has run himself into the ground. Lacks natural ability, but he is a decent squad player in our current situation. At least he isn't afraid to shoot I guess. I think we saw the two sides of Holman today....A neat finish and a complete fresh air shot. Crucial goal though.

Decent player imo.

Not sure I'd have him starting every week but he's certainly one of the better squad players we've had in recent times.

I think he gets a hard time over his technique but if you look at the reading and arsenal games he was involved in our best attacking moves playing some good one twos.

And probably after Weimann he's been the player most unlucky not to score when you think of hitting the bar against Arsenal and the two great saves Foster made in the WBA game. Think he'll chip in with a few more goals as the season goes on as he did for AZ

Yeah agree with the majority. I like him, he's got a magnificent engine and the boy can hit them. He is limited technically and he does fade, I prefer him as an impact sub.

Not a bad spot by he who shall not be named, he's worth £4-5m of anyone's money.

if hes going to burn himself out, then imo, holman would be best on the right side of the 3 prong attack, switching between holman and weimann, one paying the the first half, one playing the second, theyre both capable of making an impact when in full flow

• Like 1

Good goal today but he started looking tired in the second half. But on the whole I think he does what Ireland was meant to do much better i.e creating chances, shooting, being direct, pressing the opposition.

I don't think I could disagree more.

Apart from defending from the front and pressuring, I think Ireland is superior.

DOn't get me wrong, I like HOlman, and he's got value as a player. But he is not creative at all.

He's like a less god Dirk Kuyt. Yeah he's great as a supporting cast member, but you wouldn't want him as a focal point for the team.

When we were first linked to him one poster who had seen him play stated that he always gives 100% but has limited technical ability.

That about sums him up and he will be shipped out soon enough hopefully with a tidy profit to the club.

Â