Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

What happened when he came on ( and granted United did back off ) was to put pressure on Rooney who was dictating play as no one could get close to him.This stopped supply line to RVP so in that regard he did well.

absolutely bang on. he should start against sunderland, just tell him to go and put pressure on teh ball and win it back wherever it is on the pitch! our pressing was ten time better with him leading the charge to win it back last night. i'd start KEA, delph and westwood and then if it looks like we need to chance it and attack get zog on for KEA.

He actually managed to have an impact on a very difficult game. Has certainly put himself back into contention for the next one. Caution has to be made though as he came on after United had already taken their foot off the gas and allowed us to play a bit. The game was already won. But still, he did well. Brought a top save out of DDG aswell.

I recall in the early games he was the one bright spot to the point where when he was injured I was disappointed ,since then he has moved backwards vastly and looked awful everytime he has come on.Last night he was alot better and for me it's a toss up between him and Sylla to start against Sunderland.Gives us more pressing on the ball and leaves Westwood to keep things ticking over.

Not sure we need Sylla against Sunderland. Too defensive. It shows them too much respect and makes us sit deeper inviting them on to us. I think the side that started last night is good enough against Sunderland except for maybe Bennett. I'd bring Karim on earlier though. Maybe give Westwood a breather.

Think he just needs a little confidence. Obviously has a shot on him and always seems to have some neat touches, but irregular playing time has hampered his ability to link up with the rest of the squad. Not convinced with his tackling though and still think Sylla would be better at his position

I've only seen KEA play well twice this season, yesterday and when we lost to Everton. Both times when we were chasing the game. Not sure if he should start the next game.

I've only seen KEA play well twice this season, yesterday and when we lost to Everton. Both times when we were chasing the game. Not sure if he should start the next game.

Interesting point, would he have played as well in that first half against United when they were rampant. Difficult decision for Lambert to make I think.

Not sure we need Sylla against Sunderland. Too defensive. It shows them too much respect and makes us sit deeper inviting them on to us. I think the side that started last night is good enough against Sunderland except for maybe Bennett. I'd bring Karim on earlier though. Maybe give Westwood a breather.

From what I remember against Fulham, Sylla seemed to occupy the same space as KEA tends to. Much higher up the pitch than I expected from a defensive midfielder.

I'd start him in place of Zog vs Sunderland, put more effort and had more impact on the game vs United than the rest of them combined on Monday.

With our defence we need to score at least 2 goals to beat Sunderland.

Nzogbia increases our chances of scoring.

I can see an argument to start KEA but not at the expense of Nzogbia.

I'd start him in place of Zog vs Sunderland, put more effort and had more impact on the game vs United than the rest of them combined on Monday.

I agree for once :P. If was an away game id throw KEA in instead of N'Zogbia but as at home and need to attack id start zog if fit

I can see the merits of starting him, but he has been very disappointing over the season, so to start him against Sunderland on the back of a decent half is a huge shout. Personally I would go with the formation which has stood us in good stead over recent weeks; a bad 30 minutes against the champions shouldn't change all that good work.

For me this guy could be the next Petrov, or the next Berson. Lambert has a big decision in the summer about whether to keep him or move him on, but he see's him in training, and knows why he bought him in the first place. We have way too many 'ordinary' central midfielders and some need to be moved on to make a place (and free up some funds) for a new one or two. Personally, I see KEA being on his way.

I think the midfield needs something fresh, a minor shake up. I'd play him, but not deep, he seems to be more effective further forward. Let him play the advanced role, see how he fares. Creativity from the midfield has been dire, he can't be any worse, he also isn't afraid to shoot has good technique and seems to get them on target.

One thing that El Mohamadi does seem to excel with for me is his technique, he can strike a ball and play the odd impressive pass.

The problem is that in many games he's appeared so slow and weak that the game has just passed him by. He needs time on the ball to make an impact, he had that against MU as they had eased right off the gas and could afford to allow us to play in areas which they felt wouldn't hurt them.

I would actually start him against Sunderland at the expense of a sometimes lazy N'Zogbia.

I can see the merits of starting him, but he has been very disappointing over the season, so to start him against Sunderland on the back of a decent half is a huge shout. Personally I would go with the formation which has stood us in good stead over recent weeks; a bad 30 minutes against the champions shouldn't change all that good work.

For me this guy could be the next Petrov, or the next Berson. Lambert has a big decision in the summer about whether to keep him or move him on, but he see's him in training, and knows why he bought him in the first place. We have way too many 'ordinary' central midfielders and some need to be moved on to make a place (and free up some funds) for a new one or two. Personally, I see KEA being on his way.

So harsh, he'll get another season to prove his worth. 

interesting point, if it's the zog that curled in a nice goal and showed great technique before running out of gas the other week then you have a point. if it's the anonymous running down a blind alley zog then no. who knows which one we'll get if he starts, same can be said of KEA of course, no guarantee we get the second half man u KEA but personally i'd say it's worth a punt because sunderland are now full of confidence and the fascist dick has them knocking it around a lot more than MON's version, so i'd go with KEA just in terms of hassling and work rate to stop them being comfortable on the ball and break up their play defending from the front pressing high up the pitch.

also true that we need at least 2 goals and a good zog may well score or create a couple, KEA hit that cracker at old trafford but you'd say he's the less creative for sure. hmmm.

Â