Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

That was a smartly taken goal yesterday, and no mistake.  Proper striker's goal rifled into the corner.

Showed a commodity commensurate with good players...composure.

Yes, commendable, comrade.

He's a useful steady eddy in midfield, does nothing spectacular, sometimes gets in good positions etc. I prefer Sylla because of the partnership he built up with Westwood and Delph, but he's taking his chance well at the moment, lets hope it continues.

Westwood definitely looking the weak link there, whereas KEA has totally stepped up his game from the disappointment of last season. If Lambert does'nt fancy Syllla, then I would like to see Tonev in there.

What, no comments about Karims performance? He had very good game, constantly pressing the opposition and showed a couple of good passes forward.

Its a good thing. We are used to his performances being good now :). Him and Clark have really stepped up this season

• Like 1

Bags of energy, never stops running, hassling, intercepting and forcing mistakes.

He's also quite a "cute" passer of the ball, making him a very decent commodity.

He's recently added a goal to his performances, I'd like to see an assist or two now, but I'm very happy with him. :) 

I think its a case of the lad knuckling down and waiting his turn. He obviously knew he was'nt up to Prem requirements last season and put the graft in. Not perfect yet, but looking a solid player at last.

Great attitude, which has worked out well for him.

For me still not good enough to push us on and one reason why our midfield is so weak.

He won't be good enough in your eyes because you wrote him off and it would be too much to admit that he is improving. Our midfield isn't weak at all, lack of creativity and goal threat possibly but weak no chance.

For me still not good enough to push us on and one reason why our midfield is so weak.

Please refer to my previous post on poster.  ;)

KEA has clearly improved this year, but imo you could pinpoint almost every member of our squad and say a similar thing to what you've said here. None bar Benteke have shown they are capable of pushing us on a huge amount. Then again there are those displaying potential like Delph and Clark. I believe KEA's improved form can definitely push us on from last season however, but if we're talking about top 4 again we might need a few hundred million pounds of investment, or a good 4/5/6 years of team building and sensible transfer dealings. 

Edited by praisedmambo

Â