Sweden v England - BBC 1 - 7.45

Tuesday 19th June

England v Ukraine - ITV - 7.45

Sweden v France - ITV - 7.45

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brave Scotty Parker may be added to the injury list.

Lose against France. Draw against Sweden (as usual). The Ukraine game is key. Think England will squeeze through in second place and meet Spain.

I think we'll beat Sweden this time around. The Ukraine...we'll beat 2:1. As for France it will be the typical England nervous opening game in which we'll lose 2:1.

So, 6 pts and a hello to Spain.

I don't see why we can't take him as part of the squad. The whole issue is about him playing several games in a short space of time, which he's apparently incapable of doing due to niggling injuries, but if he were backup to Terry and Lescott that wouldn't be an issue.

Such a small thing and it could derail the whole campaign. If I was a passionate England fan it would be doing my head in.

A decent manager would have spoken to both players and at least seen whether they COULD work together for the benefit of playing

for their country.

What has Rio Ferdinand done wrong?........It is Terry that is to face charges of racially abusing another football player ie Rio's brother

NOT Rio.

If anything surely THAT fact alone should have come into play with Roy Hodgson. NOT to take a player because his brother has

been alledgedly racially abused by another member of the squad is just an insane way to start the campaign and has angered

an awful lot of the fans. It's fundamentally just flawed, regardless of WHO is the better defender.

Van der Vaart (via twitter) on Rio's England snub: "it's strange. It surprised me because he's one of the best defenders in England & maybe the world."

As one Holland fan interviewed said on IIRC Eurosport - "Can we have Rio please?"

Kelly has played only a few games for Liverpool and 2 minutes for England - mad as is the exclusion of Micah Richards IMHO.

What has Rio Ferdinand done wrong?........It is Terry that is to face charges of racially abusing another football player ie Rio's brother

NOT Rio.

Is that not the point though, he's been accused of it and nothing has been proven? So why should Terry miss out because someones brother thinks he may have been wronged?

Is that not the point though, he's been accused of it and nothing has been proven? So why should Terry miss out because someones brother thinks he may have been wronged?

I think there must be some evidence though surely because he's facing a court case isn't he? CPO wouldn't go to the expense of a case against a PL footballer who can afford the very best defence lawyers unless they were pretty confident they thought Terry had a case to answer. One would hope anyhows.

I didnt' say Terry shouldn't be in the squad although he is slowing up somewhat - the manager should have sounded out both of them as I said AND possibly discussed the situation with the other players to see how they felt.

Anyway it's done now but it has IMO over shadowed the whole build up like BOF said.

The Ferdinand one doesn't bother me much to be honest - he's borderline for the squad - better than Kelly but past his best and seems to pick up injuries a lot more than he used to.

Micah Richards on the other hand must have done something very bad indeed.

Micah refused to go on the standby list, so I assume they've said "well if he won't go on standby he won't be picked"

I'm of the opinion that he should be first choice anyway, but if it's true that that's what he's done, then I'm totally on board with not picking him at this stage.

As a scot looking in I just cannot understand the English media, they seem to want England to fail so it would make for more sensationalist headlines. In a few years time the same journalists printing this guff will be on some crappy bbc 3 show as a talking head exclaiming that something always goes wrong and not see the irony. The assasination of Hodgson has started incredibly quick and I fail to see any stories shedding a positive light heading into the Euros. Seeing how utterly pants Scotland are we'd be on cloud 9 just to be there.

Â