Euro 2012: Group D (Eng, Fra, Ukr, Swe)

TrentVilla

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll always support england, necause it's england.

Just like if Villa signed 11 Joey Barton's with Redknapp as manager. I'd be annoyed by it, but I'd still support Villa.

It`s not about patriotism anymore for the players, thats why i have given up on it.

This new generation don`t give a toss. I would refer you to the picture when we got knocked out in the last world cup. Cigars out, holiday time.

The credit crunch is no doubt a factor but I think disillusionment with England FC is the main reason. It's reported that 6,000 England fans and up to 20,000 Ireland fans are going.

This new generation don`t give a toss. I would refer you to the picture when we got knocked out in the last world cup. Cigars out, holiday time.

Yeah, they should all have sat around flagellating themselves and having a long hard think about what they'd done.

The bastards.

Yeah, they should all have sat around flagellating themselves and having a long hard think about what they'd done.

The bastards.

Mabye they should have, the vibe at the time was the world cup was getting in the way of their holidays.

My love for England started to die when we failed to qualify for Euro 2008. My love for England officially died after the shocking performances at the World Cup in 2010.

You sound a bit fairweather mate.

Ha! Fairweather? Hardly! Do you even know what the term fairweather means?

Listen, in the past I've been all over the world watching England play. Between 1996 and 2006 I went to every single tournament that England were involved in! I've been to LOADS of away friendlies and qualifiers too. I was in Germany for the famous 5-1.

I'm just sick of the same old shit. Not qualifying for Euro 2008 and then highly under performing in South Africa in 2010 was the final straw.

Villa > England

Lol fair enough mate I have only ever been to one England game :P

But even after the last season with McLeish I'm sure you still love Villa.

So why not the same with England?

There's a massive difference between supporting Villa and supporting England. For a start, Villa play week in week out!

Villa are a lot more important to me than what England are. Surely I am not alone in thinking like this!?!

Villa > England

Not at all but I see what he means. Your basically saying if England don't play well you don't like them anymore.

You should never take that approach with any team you 'support'.

My love for England started to die when we failed to qualify for Euro 2008. My love for England officially died after the shocking performances at the World Cup in 2010.

You sound a bit fairweather mate.

Ha! Fairweather? Hardly! Do you even know what the term fairweather means?

Listen, in the past I've been all over the world watching England play. Between 1996 and 2006 I went to every single tournament that England were involved in! I've been to LOADS of away friendlies and qualifiers too. I was in Germany for the famous 5-1.

I'm just sick of the same old shit. Not qualifying for Euro 2008 and then highly under performing in South Africa in 2010 was the final straw.

Villa > England

Lol fair enough mate I have only ever been to one England game :P

But even after the last season with McLeish I'm sure you still love Villa.

So why not the same with England?

There's a massive difference between supporting Villa and supporting England. For a start, Villa play week in week out!

Villa are a lot more important to me than what England are. Surely I am not alone in thinking like this!?!

Villa > England

No you are not, i hope england get knocked out and lose every game.

I love the country, i am from here, but i don`t like the footballers.

They only play an important game once every two years, even then its half arsed.

I think France have a great chance of winning the whole thing.

They have a relatively easy group, which they should comfortably win, and then will face one of Croatia, Ireland or Italy.

I think odds of 10-1 are very decent.

This will probably bite me in the arse should they crash out.

Your basically saying if England don't play well you don't like them anymore.

No I'm not!

I'm not that bothered whether England win or not anymore, regardless of how they perform. Read my other posts in this thread. The amount of money I've spent over the years travelling around the world to watch England play is huge! I've seen many disappointments over the years and still stood by them but not qualifying for Euro 2008 and the 2010 South Africa shambles finally pushed me over the edge. I still watch them but I don't celebrate when they score. I'm past caring but that's just me!

The credit crunch is no doubt a factor but I think disillusionment with England FC is the main reason. It's reported that 6,000 England fans and up to 20,000 Ireland fans are going.

Ireland are in Poland though which is much more accessible and generally better than Ukraine.

No you are not, i hope england get knocked out and lose every game.

This, to me, is really pathetic. Sorry, but it is.

You should support your country regardless. Ok, I understand people feeling a bit disillusioned given the highly paid players who sometimes seem like they don't care.

BUt actively wanting your team to lose every game? That's ridiculous.

I hate cricket. Absolutely hate it. If it got wiped off the face of the earth tomorrow then I wouldn't give one toss.

But if England are playing, I want them to do well. I won't watch it, or follow it, but I want them to do well because it's England.

That's how it should be, imo of course

Weird to think that Darius Vassell was the last England player to kick a ball at the European Championships..

God that seems like a long time ago! I cried like a baby.

Ahaha, Darius Vassell? I think that puts it all in perspective somehow :lol:

Darius Vassell. Jeeeez, there's a blast from the past.

Did I mention that I was parked up next to his Corsa once at Castle Bromwich waste disposal? I was tipping my household junk away and he was tipping his household junk away. Fun times.

Â