Euro 2012: Group D (Eng, Fra, Ukr, Swe)

TrentVilla

I think Rio is past it, and is no longer up to the task, so no, I wouldn't have taken him.

But Stephen Kelly, Downing, Carroll, Henderson, Defoe, Jagielka .... just what the feck is Hodgson trying to do to us?!

We'll be lucky to get out of the group IMO. Our first 11 is not too bad, but without shrek we have little up front, and IMO the midfield is also not too strong either. I'd play Milly CM (his best position by far) with Parker, have Gerrard just behind the front man, and have Ash and Theo as the wide men. Wellbeck up front.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The assasination of Hodgson has started incredibly quick

Unsurprising given the squad he picked.

Still, I think we should just about be able to live up the low expectations this time around, and depart at the groups stages .....

I'd play Milly CM (his best position by far) with Parker, have Gerrard just behind the front man, and have Ash and Theo as the wide men. Wellbeck up front.

Gerrard is wasted in CM.

Milner is wasted on the wing.

Young is wasted in the hole.

This looks like the solution.

But who does Rooney replace in the team against Ukraine?

i can actually see hodgson embarassing us with his squad. wtf bringing in kelly and leaving richards out? what is that about?

why the hell is downing in the squad? i dont even think we will get past the group stage.

one strange thing i went ladbrokes and frances odds were 11/1! i put £10 on them. why teh hell are they at such bad odds? they have looked excellent lately and i think they are better than us

i can actually see hodgson embarassing us with his squad. wtf bringing in kelly and leaving richards out? what is that about?

why the hell is downing in the squad? i dont even think we will get past the group stage.

one strange thing i went ladbrokes and frances odds were 11/1! i put £10 on them. why teh hell are they at such bad odds? they have looked excellent lately and i think they are better than us

US? I thought you were Greek. And Richards apparently refused to be on the standby list, that is why he is apparently not in the squad.

We'll lose to France and win the other two. Finish 2nd in the group and lose in the quarters. I don't even care anymore. My love for England started to die when we failed to qualify for Euro 2008. My love for England officially died after the shocking performances at the World Cup in 2010.

US? I thought you were Greek. And Richards apparently refused to be on the standby list, that is why he is apparently not in the squad.

i am greek but live in england so of course i am going to support england as well as the greeks!

Roy was a shit appointment. He always flops in the big time. he was awful at Liverpool and Inter Milan. How he managed to leave out Richards,Ferdinand,Carrick and Joe Cole is beyond me.

Kelly,Downing,Henderson,Johnson and Carroll? Hodgson must still be on the payroll at Liverpool because that lot are **** shit. We will be awful at these Euros.

Sad news for Jermain, this follwoing the murder of his half brother a year or 2 ago.

Jermain Defoe has returned home to England following the death of his father.

The Tottenham striker will return to the Euro 2012 squad in due course, the FA confirmed in a brief statement, and as a result England manager Roy Hodgson will not call up a replacement.

Defoe's father died overnight on Wednesday

My love for England started to die when we failed to qualify for Euro 2008. My love for England officially died after the shocking performances at the World Cup in 2010.

You sound a bit fairweather mate.

Is anyone else finding hard to support england? I just don`t like the players, they are a bunch of dicks. Look at all of this drama thats going on, its all about egos.

They only want to be involved so they can win the trophy, nothing to do with representing their country at all.

I used to go mad for england during these competitions but now the older i get i find i just don`t care.

I am really looking forward to all of this football though, Should be some really good games.

I'll always support england, necause it's england.

Just like if Villa signed 11 Joey Barton's with Redknapp as manager. I'd be annoyed by it, but I'd still support Villa.

Is anyone else finding hard to support england?

I found it hard to support England when we had a foreign manager who couldn't even speak English.

Much easier to support England with an Englishman in charge.

I'll always support england, necause it's england.

Just like if Villa signed 11 Joey Barton's with Redknapp as manager. I'd be annoyed by it, but I'd still support Villa.

This.

I can understand people not liking players and whatever. But one lad I know says he won't support England until they start doing better, so he now supports Holland. Unsurprisingly a United 'fan'. Cock.

My love for England started to die when we failed to qualify for Euro 2008. My love for England officially died after the shocking performances at the World Cup in 2010.

Ha! Fairweather? Hardly! Do you even know what the term fairweather means?

Listen, in the past I've been all over the world watching England play. Between 1996 and 2006 I went to every single tournament that England were involved in! I've been to LOADS of away friendlies and qualifiers too. I was in Germany for the famous 5-1.

I'm just sick of the same old shit. Not qualifying for Euro 2008 and then highly under performing in South Africa in 2010 was the final straw.

Villa > England

Is anyone else finding hard to support england?

I found it hard to support England when we had a foreign manager who couldn't even speak English.

Much easier to support England with an Englishman in charge.

Here we go again...

Ha! Fairweather? Hardly! Do you even know what the term fairweather means?

Listen, in the past I've been all over the world watching England play. Between 1996 and 2006 I went to every single tournament that England were involved in! I've been to LOADS of away friendlies and qualifiers too. I was in Germany for the famous 5-1.

I'm just sick of the same old shit. Not qualifying for Euro 2008 and then highly under performing in South Africa in 2010 was the final straw.

Villa > England

Lol fair enough mate I have only ever been to one England game :P

But even after the last season with McLeish I'm sure you still love Villa.

So why not the same with England?

Because there isn't the weight of expectation on "our lads" this time, I hope they will play with more freedom and creativity (unless Hodson stifles it at source) and they may well surprise a few people - including me. Still see France and Ukraine going through however. Franck Ribery could well emerge as man of the tournament, he's been awesome in their friendlies. I think people underestimate Ukraine on their own patch and supported by their skinhead army.

I keep hearing that England fans aren't travelling because the Ukraine looks a bit rough. Have they not considered that fans may be tired of spending £1000s to support a team full of words removed. If John Terry signed for Villa I think I'd go and watch cricket instead and cricket bores me to tears.

Â