Euro 2012: Group D (Eng, Fra, Ukr, Swe)

TrentVilla

Hodgson will play: Hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole, Milner, Parker, Gerrard, Downing, Young and Welbeck whereas I would prefer to see Walcott start in place of Downing then put Walcott on the right and Milner on the left. I think we will lose unfortunately but you never know.

I disagree.

You need to play Milner on the right to cover for the fact that Johnson is completely useless at defending. You can virtually play whoever you like on the left hand side ahead of Ashley Cole.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Downing will definitely play ahead of Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain, say what you will about the classless prick but at least he's disciplined, sticks to his position and tracks back well, and no doubt that's what Hodgson wants. Walcott and Chamberlain are wide forwards suited for a 4-3-3 rather than midfielders and hence they don't really fit Hodgson's ethos of "shape, shape, shape," particularly defensive shape.

I'd be surprised if Downing didn't start. He has never let England down; whatever about his club form. I'd like to see Ox get a decent run-out at some point. It'll be interesting to see just how cautious Woy sets his side up to be.

What's all this about Downing tracking back? Don't think I ever saw him put a tackle in when he was with us.

He tracked back, he just didn't tackle very much ;)

Good. Seeing three ex-Villa players start for England is **** depressing.

I just want a good game. The media aren't annoying me for once, so I'm neutral towards England.

I think long season + heat will prove to be Englands downfall, and there isn't too much you can do about that at this stage.

Downing will definitely play ahead of Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain, say what you will about the classless prick but at least he's disciplined, sticks to his position and tracks back well, and no doubt that's what Hodgson wants. Walcott and Chamberlain are wide forwards suited for a 4-3-3 rather than midfielders and hence they don't really fit Hodgson's ethos of "shape, shape, shape," particularly defensive shape.

Update: Really looks like AOC is starting ahead of Downing now, I'm very surprised.

Well they could have picked a base that helped them get used to the heat like France did but someone didn't do that.
I wonder is it mandatory that your base must be in one of the participating countries. With the Ukraine being shown in a very bad light, I wonder if England could have maybe based themselves in Belarus, Moldova or Russia, instead of Poland, all of which would've been closer to where they play their games.

hope england get slaughtered, its annoying me already.

I assume you're not English :lol:

I think we'll lose this one 3-1. Think we will get an early goal too but we'll just crumble.

lol i am, i am proud to be english, i just don`t like the football team or the f.a.

I think once we lose a goal this lot will completely fold and hodgson will get murdered by the british press. Wouldn`t suprise me to see a few of the players back chatting the manager and turning on him either.

It`s just a circus.

Â