No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daft appointment - A man whose CV is similar to Kevin Mcdonalds - and his current club - well 13,000 is considered a really big crowd (check wiki if you think Im making it up)

Sorry guys this ain't going to work in a million years - I reckon this appointment makes us strong candidates for relegation next year.

Even if we do atleast we will have a young, hungry and successful character to manage us and get us back to where we belong. If we do go down it will be down the players if we don't change it up enough. Where as this season it was a combination of the players and management that delivered gash football.

I'm for this - lets get it done.

Really don't know how to feel about this. I was so set on either Lambert or Martinez, this has just come as a total shock.

I wanted Lambert, I am very happy if OGS is the main.

Haven't we all wanted some forward thinking? :)

OGS will sort the coaching, scouting and do things right, get us approaching match day in the right mind, we'll play good football.

Happy.

Ive got mixed feelings on this.

Half of me hasnt been so excited since we appointed mon, knowing this could be the change that sorts us right out.

The other half is anxious that this could be a major disaster like those other left field premier league appointments you remember for all the wrong reasons.

One things for sure. Its more exciting than our last couple of permie managers so theres defo nothing else for it than to get behind him.

UTV

Does anyone know what style and type of football he plays? Happy with this appointment IF he is going to play football the right way and set us up to be exciting.

Daft appointment - A man whose CV is similar to Kevin Mcdonalds - and his current club - well 13,000 is considered a really big crowd (check wiki if you think Im making it up)

Sorry guys this ain't going to work in a million years - I reckon this appointment makes us strong candidates for relegation next year.

You are whats wrong with this club, not giving managers a chance.

I will give him a chance - I really hope he rams those words down my throat.

But I honestly don't see it working. The club needs a major rebuild - we can barley field 11 senior players. If a wet behind the ears guy from the norweigan league, can rebuild Aston Villa - probably with nominal funds - then this will be a stroke of genuis - I really hope it is.......

but I can't join the celebration - because I don't believe it will work - do you want to lie -and say i think its a great appointment ...

I wish him all the very best - I really do.....but I have massive reservations....

He also says plays (at least used to play) a lot of football manager. When he was asked who he usually bought he answered that he had bought a lot of "wierd" players.

Apparently Gentleman Moyes uses this as an initial scouting tool too.

So so risky. I honestly can't understand how some people can be so confident this he's right for villa. What kind of football do Molde play? What formation does he set up with?

Counter attacking I think. Not sure though.

from what ive learned in, oh, the last hour or so, they play a high movement game based on possession and passing

exactly the opposite of villa for the last few years

He also says plays (at least used to play) a lot of football manager. When he was asked who he usually bought he answered that he had bought a lot of "wierd" players.

Apparently Gentleman Moyes uses this as an initial scouting tool too.

That explains ibrahima bakayoko

Does anyone know what style and type of football he plays? Happy with this appointment IF he is going to play football the right way and set us up to be exciting.

anti mcleish style.

Which is why i welcome him.

Worried. I can't be confident about ODS because I know nothing of the Norwegian league or Molde so cant make an informed opinion about his managerial skill myself. Normally when this is the case (with a new unknown villa signing for instance) I am comforted by the fact somebody at the club, normally the manager, has the expertise and has done the research to ensure the signing is a good one. But I'm not confident we have anyone at the club with the footballing brain who can be confident OGS is decent manager.

Everyone saying he will set us up playing good attacking football- What makes you so confident? Unless VT has a massive Norwegian contingent I don't know about, none of us have a clue about Molde or the Norwegian league, so we havent a clue how his team plays. All we know are the broad facts, the wikipedia version of his career. I am praying Randy and Falkner have a footballing consultant on board who can help access if he's right for us. I'm not against him, I just dont want to hire him on the back of of his legend status with out some serious scrutiny of his credentials.