No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

I'm nervous for him, but so so relieved. I will get behind him, I think we all will. What a fantastic off-the-wall idea this was....CI, smetrov and all the other moaners cannot dampen my spirits which haven't been this good for a long time!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be livid if they appoint OGS

Alright man, we get it ffs, numerous posts in various threads saying the same crap. Give it a rest already you continious suicide inducer.

The way I see it, if CI isn't happy with him he's probably a good appointment. :P

Can i just say, that i am chuffed to bollox that this looks like happening.

Well done Randy & Faulkner for having the balls to take a risk for the better (if that makes sense).

UP THE **** VILLA!!!

I'd say he's getting the job (if it happens) based on:

1. Extensive playing experience.

2. Having learned his managerial trade at the knee of one of (if not THE) greatest managers ever.

3. Experience of managing the youths and reserves at a top European club.

4. Winning the Norwegian national championship with a club he really had no right to be so successful with.

To my mind, he's got similar managerial experience to Andre Villas Boas. You might say AVB was more successful at Porto, but it's all relative.

He'll probably rock up in a bloody Utd shell suit

Ridiculous candidate

Now which critical analysis should I follow here...?

CI - :cry:

what im finding odd about this is that people are going on about him having no experience and being this that and the other, while on the other hand championing paul lambert and roberto martinez - one of whom has had one season in the premiership, the other of whom has had his team in the relegation zone at the 3/4 mark every season and kept them up by the skin of their teeth

every successful manager in the world starts with no experience. look at guardiola, knocked back from the levante job because of lack of experience. im sure they're chuffed about how that turned out

Well, as one of them people, I think that those examples you gave actually possess quite a lot of experience for their age, and having success i.e back to back promotions or keeping Wigun up three seasons, (which is a success). OGS has very little in comparison.

or maybe Lerner knows about TheTrees and sent his plane there for disinformation purposes while he jumps an Easyjet flight to Corsica

Nope, Lerner arrived in Birmingham earlier this afternoon.

Do you know where he arrived from thetrees?

London, in a chartered helicopter

Curbishley, I knew it.

Can i just say, that i am chuffed to bollox that this looks like happening.

Well done Randy & Faulkner for having the balls to take a risk for the better (if that makes sense).

UP THE **** VILLA!!!

this

I'm nervous for him, but so so relieved. I will get behind him, I think we all will. What a fantastic off-the-wall idea this was....CI, smetrov and all the other moaners cannot dampen my spirits which haven't been this good for a long time!

and this

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is surprise contender to be Aston Villa manager | Football | The Guardian

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is on the shortlist for the managerial vacancy at Aston Villa. The former Manchester United striker, who is in charge of the Norwegian club Molde, has emerged as a surprise contender to replace Alex McLeish.

Solskjaer's odds tumbled on the betting markets on Thursday and although no talks are yet planned to take place between Randy Lerner, the Villa owner, and the 39-year-old, he is known to be one of the names under consideration, along with Wigan's Roberto Martínez, Norwich's Paul Lambert and the Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers.

There are, however, doubts in Norway as to whether Solskjaer would be receptive to an approach from Villa at this stage of his managerial career and at a time when he is enjoying seeing his three children grow up in his hometown of Kristiansund. Solskjaer has two years remaining on his contract with Molde, whom he led to the Norwegian title for the first time in their history last October in his first year as a manager, and there is a sense that he would prefer to see out the remainder of that deal before taking a job overseas.

There is also the prospect of leading Molde, where he made his name as an exciting young striker in Norway before moving to Old Trafford in 1996, into the Champions League this summer. Molde will come into the competition at the second qualifying round stage and it could be difficult for Solskjaer to turn his back on that opportunity.

For the moment, Villa are weighing up their options, which could include considering the merits of Kevin MacDonald, the first-team coach under McLeish and the caretaker manager when Martin O'Neill walked out on the eve of the 2010-11 season. MacDonald is understood to be interested in the post. "I think Kevin would be a good candidate," Gabriel Agbonlahor said. "He's very good with the younger players and has won the reserves' title I don't know how many times. Obviously, it's the chairman's decision. But I don't think the fans should discount him because he's not a big name."

link

what im finding odd about this is that people are going on about him having no experience and being this that and the other, while on the other hand championing paul lambert and roberto martinez - one of whom has had one season in the premiership, the other of whom has had his team in the relegation zone at the 3/4 mark every season and kept them up by the skin of their teeth

every successful manager in the world starts with no experience. look at guardiola, knocked back from the levante job because of lack of experience. im sure they're chuffed about how that turned out

Well, as one of them people, I think that those examples you gave actually possess quite a lot of experience for their age, and having success i.e back to back promotions or keeping Wigun up three seasons, (which is a success). OGS has very little in comparison.

lambert won promotion from league 1 and the championship, then kept his team up. mcleish won promotion from the championship and kept his team up, plus he won a trophy

people forget that martinez was the wigan manager while they got themselves into the relegation messes while he's been there in the first place. the first 3/4s of the season actually count you know, it's not all to be forgotten thanks to the runs of form at the end to keep them up at the last minute

solskjaer learned under the best in the business, then managed united's reserve team, before winning the league with molde in his first season. to write off that experience, but say "well lambert got 2 promotions" is a disservice and reeks of someone just looking for fault

you'd have complained had we hired guardiola from barca b, or mourinho when he was an interpreter

Quite excited by this one. Such a massive gamble by Randy. Hats off to him he must be either insane or have nuts big enough to carry in a wheelbarrow.

After McLeish you'd be tempted to go for the safest option available but it's looking like Randy had gone all out to install a manager with bags of potential. Lets all hope it comes off.

If it is to be Ole then it's vitally important he gets the right staff in place to work with him. I for one would love to see Martin Laursen here at some point as defensive coach. Not sure what standard his staff are at in Norway.

Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole's... Villa, Villa.

I find it intresting to say the least but hope he gets the job and we all support him. He did well with United and their reserves before taking the managers job at Molde FK, my only concern is that Ferguson is grooming him for United when he retires and pray that his first signing is NOT Micheal Owen. Good luck OGS if appointed i will back him all the way. The best news of the day is that Liverpool fans are so anti Martinez, yet he looks set to hold talks with them soon if you believe Whelan's hype on sky, Now they know how we felt last season when we said "WE DON'T WANT McLEISH" God Bless American Football Owners for you knowledge of how to run a club, just hope that Randy has learnt from his mistakes. The Fans are here to be heard like it or not :flag:

Ole? Really? I'm usually not one to rant and rave before the fact, but that is an appointment that would worry me greatly.

Shall we have a boring safe appointment instead? And then by the time Solksjaers turned into a gem (which he has the obv potential to), someone bigger and better wants him or shall we take the risks ourselves and see what he can do. Obviously an intelligent player and so far has done well as a manager.

Im game!!!

Judging by that documentary he loves playing quick attacking and passing football. Likes to minimise the amount of long balls and crosses. Now if he can pull those tactics off here and get us playing really nice football, then i'm all for him. I'm not one of them that think we should be in the top 6 still. If he can get us top half while playing nice football ill be happy.

Ole? Really? I'm usually not one to rant and rave before the fact, but that is an appointment that would worry me greatly.

Don't be daft.

:D

By name and action. :)