No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its leftfield, its outside the box, its different. He may turn out to be shit, it may not work but it will be exciting watching it all unfold. He will try and play good football which is a plus. He is young and enthusiastic which is a plus. He has won titles already which is a plus. Lets get behind him and give him a chance and enjoy the ride. I really like the way PF and RL have done their business. Seems like they thought this through and may have started planning since the Bolton game.

Ole? Really? I'm usually not one to rant and rave before the fact, but that is an appointment that would worry me greatly.

Throw him in the cell with CI, Richard & Smetrov.....yes, the padded one!!! :)

There could be two outcomes:

- We start playing good football, playing to win and enjoy watching the Villa again

- or it's an unmitigated disaster as Dunne, Collins and Warnock terrify the poor baby-faced young'un

In the case of the second scenario, there'd only be one option:

Mic.gif

what im finding odd about this is that people are going on about him having no experience and being this that and the other, while on the other hand championing paul lambert and roberto martinez - one of whom has had one season in the premiership, the other of whom has had his team in the relegation zone at the 3/4 mark every season and kept them up by the skin of their teeth

every successful manager in the world starts with no experience. look at guardiola, knocked back from the levante job because of lack of experience. im sure they're chuffed about how that turned out

Well, as one of them people, I think that those examples you gave actually possess quite a lot of experience for their age, and having success i.e back to back promotions or keeping Wigun up three seasons, (which is a success). OGS has very little in comparison.

lambert won promotion from league 1 and the championship, then kept his team up. mcleish won promotion from the championship and kept his team up, plus he won a trophy

people forget that martinez was the wigan manager while they got themselves into the relegation messes while he's been there in the first place. the first 3/4s of the season actually count you know, it's not all to be forgotten thanks to the runs of form at the end to keep them up at the last minute

solskjaer learned under the best in the business, then managed united's reserve team, before winning the league with molde in his first season. to write off that experience, but say "well lambert got 2 promotions" is a disservice and reeks of someone just looking for fault

you'd have complained had we hired guardiola from barca b, or mourinho when he was an interpreter

Well you can come up with a few examples of players going straight into top management jobs and doing well, I can give you a lot more that haven't, a few of them worked with Ferguson previously. That is the gamble - who knows we might have found a gem? What I am saying is, PL or BR have proven to be strong young managers, and I'd go for them rather than gamble, personally. AM's career is littered with failure, he's not a young up and coming manager with a predominantly good record.

My take, as discussed this afternoon. Randy would not fly his jet out there at a cost of around $20,000 (according TheTrees) to be rejected.

This is on guys. Its a risk...but its a positive one that i'm prepared to tag along with.

UP THE **** VILLA!!!

Does anyone know his style of football, how he sets teams up?

What's his back room team like ?

Does he have a good record with signings ? Or nurturing young talent ?

One thing crossed my mind; if he will be hired and he plays the style he told in the documentary... that really rejuvinate our attacking midfield, especially if Olympiacos won't buy Makoun and we keep him.

Oh my god why hasn't this been done yet. Taking forever!!

Seriously I recon this could be a piece of genius. Huge personality to have around the place and has an abundance of medals to his name. Winners medals! - where he was WON things. We will have some of that please Mr OGS.

Much as I don't think its the right move. It would be the biggest kick in the balls the club has had if he turns us down.......and Kmacs odds have plumeted again.
The reason why KMac's odds have plummeted (although he's still at 17 on SkyBet) is because that Guardian article mentions him. That's all.

This is a MASSIVE risk. I will only like it if we had a DOF too or something along those lines.

ballsiest move the club has made since we signed an alcoholic cripple from man united...