No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

"a source close to the club".. Not a source within the club.

Also, Pat Murphy is the BBC's Villa man and we all know that the Villa never tell him anything, and he's not happy about it.

After TheTrees' info on Houllier (and the subsequent boost to my bank balance), I think it's on. Now, show me to the bandwagon.

That was the stuff of legends!!

BTW Pat Murphy "love in" is firmly with MON - so it's entirely his own fault, he's not very popular with the club.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"a source close to the club".. Not a source within the club.

Also, Pat Murphy is the BBC's Villa man and we all know that the Villa never tell him anything, and he's not happy about it.

After TheTrees' info on Houllier (and the subsequent boost to my bank balance), I think it's on. Now, show me to the bandwagon.

Asked Stevie about it? Although he's probably on holiday by now I suppose.

You'd be surprised how little players know (or care) about these sorts of things until things are done and dusted.

well i was against this when i first heard, but after watching that documentary and having a think, it might be a good option. He plays a passing game, that will do me fine after sitting through mcleishs rubbish.

He's getting the job (if it happens) because he is OGS, never a good thing to pin your decision on, IMHO.

I'd say he's getting the job (if it happens) based on:

1. Extensive playing experience.

2. Having learned his managerial trade at the knee of one of (if not THE) greatest managers ever.

3. Experience of managing the youths and reserves at a top European club.

4. Winning the Norwegian national championship with a club he really had no right to be so successful with.

To my mind, he's got similar managerial experience to Andre Villas Boas. You might say AVB was more successful at Porto, but it's all relative.

i am genuinely surprised how much people are championing his appointment....

the most popular reason for wanting him is that it is going to win people a lot of money!...

with "he's young and hungry" and "made a decent start to his managerial career" being occasionally slipped in...

the fact that nobody is commenting on his tactical nous, man management skills speaks volumes, in other words nobody has a clue what they are...

and yet we are willing give him a palm sunday type welcome...

what about Carl Robinson then?

He's getting the job (if it happens) because he is OGS, never a good thing to pin your decision on, IMHO.

2. Having learned his managerial trade at the knee of one of (if not THE) greatest managers ever.

4. Winning the Norwegian national championship with a club he really had no right to be so successful with.

To my mind, he's got similar managerial experience to Andre Villas Boas. You might say AVB was more successful at Porto, but it's all relative.

Now that's playing up a CV! You want to write me one?

Playing experience means very little. His next step should be a championship club IMO, getting a team into the premiership on a shoestring, in a competitive hard league. Molde by all accounts, except yours, was a nice job, especially if you have contacts in the game as Olly does, that will be less of an advantage here.

Mcleish had all this experience and did a terrible job. Appointments can go either way, but all the evidence suggests OGS knows what he's on about. I'm excited if it's true. Hopefully it means massive changes during the summer too.

Great post Gazton, I'd say it could be argued he has more experience than Guardiola did when he took over at Barca.