No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Here is my norwegian view on Solskjær:

Ok, lets please kill the myth that winning the norwegian championship with Molde was a huge achievement. Molde has ended nr 2 about 100 times earlier, and Rosenborg are having a few bad years now, so it is natural that someone like Molde could win it. I think the whole Molde team got an extra kick out of getting him as a manager in hist first season there. Having said that, I think he is doing a good job there and would be very interesting for us to have at Villa.

When he was appointed manager at Molde he said the following: He has been at United for a long time and it is only natural that Molde will train and think as United. Molde should resemble United, but not copy them. I would guess that is what he would bring to Villa as well.

He also says plays (at least used to play) a lot of football manager. When he was asked who he usually bought he answered that he had bought a lot of "wierd" players.

Interesting thanks.. what type of football do they play?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good young hungry appointment if true. His medal collection will make players instantly respect him.

As they are close I wouldnt mind Keane as assistant, might not be a great manager himself but will put fear of god into any slackers

keane is an awful bollox though - it'd be a serious risk

If it is to be OSG then I'll be happy. Its a bit left field and a risk but we've gone with the tried and tested experienced appointments and its got us pretty much nowhere. This will either be an inspired appointment or a complete failure. Either way I think it'll be an exciting time and I'm looking forward to the ride.

Robert Henriksen Robert Henriksen ‏@robhenrix

Randy Lerner's private jet landed in Kristiansund to fly Ole Solskjaer to Birmingham tomorrow! #AVFC #MUFC @TrygvesKrav

j73oxy.jpg

That is the one

Daft appointment - A man whose CV is similar to Kevin Mcdonalds - and his current club - well 13,000 is considered a really big crowd (check wiki if you think Im making it up)

Sorry guys this ain't going to work in a million years - I reckon this appointment makes us strong candidates for relegation next year.

Can't believe how people can possibly be against this, really.

I get the 'risk' part, but what's the alternative? A 'safe' appointment won't get us anywhere. A 'world class' appointment isn't realistic.

To me, getting in a guy who has shown he has potential to become a very, very good manager is the absolute best thing we could do right now.

Good young hungry appointment if true. His medal collection will make players instantly respect him.

As they are close I wouldnt mind Keane as assistant, might not be a great manager himself but will put fear of god into any slackers

keane is an awful bollox though - it'd be a serious risk

true but if their is genuine troublemakers they wont mess with Keane as he would do a serious Delio Rossi on them

Robert Henriksen Robert Henriksen ‏@robhenrix

Randy Lerner's private jet landed in Kristiansund to fly Ole Solskjaer to Birmingham tomorrow! #AVFC #MUFC @TrygvesKrav

j73oxy.jpg

That is the one

New name for the forum. Villastalk.

Daft appointment - A man whose CV is similar to Kevin Mcdonalds - and his current club - well 13,000 is considered a really big crowd (check wiki if you think Im making it up)

Sorry guys this ain't going to work in a million years - I reckon this appointment makes us strong candidates for relegation next year.

You are whats wrong with this club, not giving managers a chance.