No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Good young hungry appointment if true. His medal collection will make players instantly respect him.

As they are close I wouldnt mind Keane as assistant, might not be a great manager himself but will put fear of god into any slackers

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge gamble. Not really comfortable with it, but he does encourage the right style of football. If he has an eye for talent, then he'll be a huge success. And he most certainly would be cheaper than the other highly named options in Lambert and Martinez, yes?

A fecking sight better than McEck and a worth while gamble to get the fans buzzing and rasing our profile. Well it better happen(and I want it to for the right reasons) I only got 5/6 at Sky Bet but then tried Paddy power and still 5/4 so plenty on money riding on Trees and MM

See even fans that are not to keen are not dead against it. RL could have pretty much given anybody the job and fans would have accepted it so why oh why did we endure that nightmare of a year! Im stil shook up by it.

A year ago people were suggesting Lambert and getting shot down as he had no experience, was a gamble, needs to prove himself. Had anybody even thought to suggest Brendan Rodgers it would have been a similar reaction (probably worse). Now people are saying that those two managers may in a position where they may not want to come and play for us.

This time we're getting in there early so for god sake stop moaning and support him.

:)

of course he has a "fascination" with man united.. the documentary was filmed for them (MUTV) duh.

a few fans moaning already - great.

The reason people are moaning is because they got their hopes up on AVB and Rafa.

We complain at our board for not appointing anyone from abroad? They then do what we ask by looking differently and then we state they have no prem experience! I'm excited that we'll have a manager to change our philosophy and hopefully won't see hoofball.

I'm really coming round to this appointment. As I said before, OGS seems to be different from a lot of the other Man United players turned managers. He's young, hungry and in the short time that he has been managing, successful. Seems like a genuinely nice guy as well.

Don't know enough about him as manager to know if this is a good choice, but if it's true, I'm delighted Lerner has at least spread his net wider and got away from the obsession with PL experience as the be-all and end-all for a manager.

I'd be hopeful that Solskjaer is someone who can inspire our academy players - surely he will have a far more modern approach than a dinosaur like McLeish.

Here is my norwegian view on Solskjær:

Ok, lets please kill the myth that winning the norwegian championship with Molde was a huge achievement. Molde has ended nr 2 about 100 times earlier, and Rosenborg are having a few bad years now, so it is natural that someone like Molde could win it. I think the whole Molde team got an extra kick out of getting him as a manager in hist first season there. Having said that, I think he is doing a good job there and would be very interesting for us to have at Villa.

When he was appointed manager at Molde he said the following: He has been at United for a long time and it is only natural that Molde will train and think as United. Molde should resemble United, but not copy them. I would guess that is what he would bring to Villa as well.

He also says plays (at least used to play) a lot of football manager. When he was asked who he usually bought he answered that he had bought a lot of "wierd" players.

So info from both MYSTERYMAN and thetrees seems to make this appointment likely.

It is a risk but **** it I'll take risk and the potential of something great rather than the certainty of mediocrity with someone like Curbishley or one of those dinosaurs.

This can only be seen as good news for the likes of Weimmann and Delfouneso! OGS will hopefully push them and improve them more and what a striker to learn from!!!

Getting quite excited by this now, especially after watching that documentary - he seems to want his teams to 'play' football the right way - playing through the opposition.

Hopefully Randy will back him and he can mix experience with our promising youth.

went to my skybet to look again at how much i was going to win

cheeky buggers put this on the betting receipt

Any manager in charge for 10 competitive games will be deemed permanent and settled as a winner. Others on request.

so i have to wait until September /October to pickup my winnings ...

now that wasn't made clear at any point during the initial transaction ....not happy

He'll be appointed on a 4 year contract (or something like) which means you will win the bet, you don't have to wait the period. It just means if the club says Cowans is manager till October, you can't collect.

Cheers

(and sorry Skybet :oops:)

Ole, Ole, Ole,

Tits in a trolley,

Balls in the biscuit tin,

Sitting' on the grass,

With your finger in your arse,

playing with your ding-a-ling-ling