No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

The documentary is very interesting. An extremely bright and knowledgeable bloke; incredibly organised and is completely clear in his philosophy and how he wants his football club run.

It's a brave move if it happens, but I don't think it's as risky as people say - he clearly has huge potential, it's exciting and an approach this club doesn't often go down. I'm glad the board is looking forward and looking at these type of managers, it really is the way forward. Hope it happens, let's see some good attacking football and modern ideas.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He also says plays (at least used to play) a lot of football manager. When he was asked who he usually bought he answered that he had bought a lot of "wierd" players.

Apparently Gentleman Moyes uses this as an initial scouting tool too.

That explains ibrahima bakayoko

I think the developers of FM are Everton fans and they let Everton use their scouting results.

Just another post of this video to answer anyone's questions about his style of management and how he sets his teams up.

Basically high-tempo attacking play with a focus of pass and move and minimal crosses.

The YouTube video posted earlier (

) talks about his style 11 minutes in. As close to the Man United style as he can get it. Very meticulous in his preparation, not afraid to give bollockings, liked and respected by the players.

Seeing as this came out of the blue....you have to think he's the one.

If he is the next manager, I'll be very excited, if nervous...but happy nonetheless. He's led Molde to their first title in 100 years, and apparently likes to play a positive brand of attacking football.

This is the anti-McLeish choice. If Lerner gives him some spending money, things will turn around quickly, in my opinion.

He also says plays (at least used to play) a lot of football manager. When he was asked who he usually bought he answered that he had bought a lot of "wierd" players.

Apparently Gentleman Moyes uses this as an initial scouting tool too.

That explains ibrahima bakayoko

The gentleman believes this was down to Walter Smith on Championship Manager on a ZX Spectrum.

what im finding odd about this is that people are going on about him having no experience and being this that and the other, while on the other hand championing paul lambert and roberto martinez - one of whom has had one season in the premiership, the other of whom has had his team in the relegation zone at the 3/4 mark every season and kept them up by the skin of their teeth

every successful manager in the world starts with no experience. look at guardiola, knocked back from the levante job because of lack of experience. im sure they're chuffed about how that turned out

I would be really happy if this is for real. Fantastic guy through and through, prefers exciting football and has a strong winning mentality. He would transform the club for the better given time. He seems very happy managing Molde though and might not be ready to leave them just yet.

i think he'd be a brilliant signing, he'd have loads to prove, bring an exciting approach, hopefully a decent scouting network, he's more get-able than rodgers/lambert/martinez who can easily be turned by a liverpool job they might not get and a sense of grandour that they dont really deserve

id much rather have him than martinez, id be more than happy with him

I really hope we manage to get him on board. It may be a risk in some people's eyes but OGS could well be the man to lay the foundations that take us right back up the table, at the very least we'll see some nice football at VP with him in charge.

I think that it is clear that neither Lambert,Rodgers or Martinez want the job so we have to look to the next best young Manager out there;OGS,Other options are who? old dinosaurs,Forget the AVB's they are non starters,it is a new begining at Villa forget the negative glass half empty stuff and should OGS be appointed get on side the Villa side as there has been enough shit over the last 2 years.

I think that it is clear that neither Lambert,Rodgers or Martinez want the job so we have to look to the next best young Manager out there;OGS,Other options are who? old dinosaurs,Forget the AVB's they are non starters,it is a new begining at Villa forget the negative glass half empty stuff and should OGS be appointed get on side the Villa side as there has been enough shit over the last 2 years.

or maybe Lerner knows about TheTrees and sent his plane there for disinformation purposes while he jumps an Easyjet flight to Corsica

Nope, Lerner arrived in Birmingham earlier this afternoon.

Do you know where he arrived from thetrees?

London, in a chartered helicopter