Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I think if Gabby had of had some of the attributes Kodjia has i could fully endorse the fascination with his past.

for me he could only look in envy at Kodjia's ball control, body swerve and ability to read a position that will hurt the opposition, call it awareness.

no comparision for me.

Gabby always was for me a loyal, but limited player, that knew where his bread was buttered.

13 hours ago, TRO said:

Gabby always was for me a loyal, but limited player, that knew where his bread was buttered.

The thing with loyalty though mate is was it ever tested?  

I very much doubt there were any other clubs stupid enough to pay £60k per week to a bloke that returned about 8 goals a season. 

Loyalty and knowing where you bread is buttered are totally different things. 

13 hours ago, BigJim said:

We may see him selected at least for the bench in derbies and other games which SB considers are likely to get very physical. He can take it and dish it out better than most in our squad.

He can't though sadly, because it seems within a couple of minutes of coming on the pitch nowadays he has picked up another knock or his hobbling.

5 hours ago, av1 said:

The thing with loyalty though mate is was it ever tested?  

I very much doubt there were any other clubs stupid enough to pay £60k per week to a bloke that returned about 8 goals a season. 

Loyalty and knowing where you bread is buttered are totally different things. 

oh I know exactly what you are saying.....but in his case it think was apt.

I was alluding to the loyalty being motivated by self interest.

but the money he has been able to accumulate is the result of sloppy management as opposed to reward for his contribution.

ps His last contract was tantamount to industrial sabotage.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Defo needs to be on the bench against the scum. It's the only thing he's been consistently good at is scoring against them.

I think a place on the bench is in doubt for him now (even given his scoring record against them) because we have players who give us options off the bench who might reasonably see themselves above him in the pecking order now.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, John said:

I think a place on the bench is in doubt for him now (even given his scoring record against them) because we have players who give us options off the bench who might reasonably see themselves above him in the pecking order now.  

I'd use him as LW cover instead of Thor 

• Like 1

Â