Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

What about Hourihane scores more than the rest of the team combined this season till now, and not just bully Gabby who has done a fine job on the wing yet again. It's tedious and boring.

Edited by momo
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

The team we started with on Saturday is beginning to look like a "best XI"* and I would be surprised if he was able to get a starting slot when he's fit again.

(*still an issue with right back of course - when isn't there? - but one thing I'm certain of is he couldn't play there.)

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

The team we started with on Saturday is beginning to look like a "best XI"* and I would be surprised if he was able to get a starting slot when he's fit again.

(*still an issue with right back of course - when isn't there? - but one thing I'm certain of is he couldn't play there.)

Whelan would not bein my best IX. Not even in my best 15 truth be told.However Gabby wouldn't even be in my club if I had my way.

Edited by meregreen
  • Like 2

It would have been great if he could have had a solid year and notched a decent tally from a squad rotation role (7-10 goals) but we are finding out you can't treat your body like shit for a few years, bin off football and then come back and demand so much from that body. He can do as much gym work and cardio as he likes but his body cannot take the pace anymore. Too many niggles, too many knocks. It is over. What a dismal way to go out after nearly 15 years.

Watched a clip of his goal vs Everton (I think) where Carson hoofed a long ball, he took it over his should in 1 lovely touch and tucked it in.  Technically, he did as good as anyone else could have done with that control. 

I'm not saying he could ever have been as good as Ronaldo or Rooney, but he could have been so much better had he had his head stitched on in his late 20s.

19 - 24 will be his best years. 

That said, when all is said and done - I think he'll be remembered quite fondly, if only for being in that 07-09 team.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Watched a clip of his goal vs Everton (I think) where Carson hoofed a long ball, he took it over his should in 1 lovely touch and tucked it in.  Technically, he did as good as anyone else could have done with that control. 

I'm not saying he could ever have been as good as Ronaldo or Rooney, but he could have been so much better had he had his head stitched on in his late 20s.

That said, when all is said and done - I think he'll be remembered quite fondly, if only for being in that 07-09 team.  

When you look back at how good he was in the prime MON years it makes you realise how far he's fallen. He was a genuine menace back then.

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I think everyone here has scored a wonder goal once in their life!

Im not doing him down as i think he has been a great servant over the years but Im not sure how much better he could have been tbh.  

He was a pure instinctive striker, not because he was so naturally talented but more that if he was given any time to think he would mess up; Luckily his pace meant that he could get to most situations quicker than most.

However when that pure pace has eroded his all round game has been shown up. 

10 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I think everyone here has scored a wonder goal once in their life!

Im not doing him down as i think he has been a great servant over the years but Im not sure how much better he could have been tbh.  

He was a pure instinctive striker, not because he was so naturally talented but more that if he was given any time to think he would mess up; Luckily his pace meant that he could get to most situations quicker than most.

However when that pure pace has eroded his all round game has been shown up. 

He's scored quite a few 'good' goals in his time. 

To do it in a match environment is something yourself and I will never be able to reciprocate.  

Don't let your opinion cloud fact. 

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

He's scored quite a few 'good' goals in his time. 

To do it in a match environment is something yourself and I will never be able to reciprocate.  

Don't let your opinion cloud fact. 

Im not saying he hasnt scored good goals, just that he couldnt have got much better than he was.

Unfortunately opinion is the only thing we can go with here!

• Like 1

Â