Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Agreed, WHATEVER happens this season he should not get a new contract. Hopefully at the end of this season we will have been promoted and will be a premier league team - Gabby is not good enough at that level.

What I would like to see is a decent return from him this coming season as payback for what he owes us, meaning that he can finish his Villa career on a high and piss off into the sunset.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

He could score 60 goals and become Pope and I still wouldn't want to give him a new contract. :unsure:

What about 61 goals and a cardinal:)

• Like 2

I hoped hogan would start after his performance last week and goals with green and Elmo creating - gabby had chances and fluffed them - story of the last few years really .

Hogan is a better finisher than gabby and I'd much prefer him against hull as I have little faith in gabby finishing 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He had a great chance in the first half, nobody around me even moved in their seat so low were peoples expectations that he would score.

He is trying, he is back in shape but he just isn't a very good player. That he is currently starting ahead of Hogan infuriates and concerns me in equal measures.

And so it should concern us all - did Bruce not see enough in January to realise this? 

The back in shape stuff is just a given for any pro at this time of the year and does not warrant any specific praise in my view - the fact remains as you rightly point out - he's not a good footballer player imo 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

He had a great chance in the first half, nobody around me even moved in their seat so low were peoples expectations that he would score.

He is trying, he is back in shape but he just isn't a very good player. That he is currently starting ahead of Hogan infuriates and concerns me in equal measures.

It was just a friendly, relax. Let's wait and see the starting line up next week.

Just now, Killeen30 said:

It was just a friendly, relax. Let's wait and see the starting line up next week.

Perfectly relaxed thanks and fully aware it's a friendly. You will also notice I used the word 'currently' in my post to denote the fact I was talking about in the present rather than the future.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Perfectly relaxed thanks and fully aware it's a friendly. You will also notice I used the word 'currently' in my post to denote the fact I was talking about in the present rather than the future.

Currently in that friendly game. It's just about giving as many players a run out as possible. Try not to let It 'infuriate' you man.

12 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Currently in that friendly game. It's just about giving as many players a run out as possible. Try not to let It 'infuriate' you man.

Sigh. Not infuriated either.

How about you stick to reading the words I post rather than thinking you are a mind reader.

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Sigh. Not infuriated either.

How about you stick to reading the words I post rather than thinking you are a mind reader.

Reading the word Trent you clearly stated it 'infuriates' you. I didn't at any point try to read you mind haha, I can't do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Killeen30 said:

I'm not sure that finishing skills discriminate between a friendly or competitive game tbh - Trent is right on this point.

• Like 2

Â