Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

It didn't need to happen at all. If he was totally unfit - he should not have been playing. That is not a difficult concept to grasp, especially since Gestede, McCormack, Kodjia and Ayew were all available. 

I think that Rudy would have kept them just as occupied had he come on instead of Gabby, as well as actually carrying a goal threat. 

Hopefully this was just Steve having a look to see if there is something in there that he can use, or if he needs to get shopping for a striker in January, as well as trying something for the Derby. 

Sadly, it looks like this chancer has conned yet another manager. I guess time will tell. 

You realise Gestede also came on right?

Seriously, you lot aren't even making sense anymore. The "vendetta" has gone beyond the point of logic.

Being as thick and shit as you say he is, no way in hell should he be able to "con" all these managers.:lol:

Just give it up and come back when you actually have OBJECTIVE comments and criticism, because currently the bitterness is beyond obvious and clouding whatever points you may have(If any).

If he ain't good enough he won't play, RESOUNDINGLY being said again!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

I've got to say, I went beyond supporting the villa when this man came on.

I became instantly disinterested.

I'm not a fan of being ripped the piss out of and this is what this guy did and has done. 

No action will ever make up for the disgrace he has been the last couple of seasons so please gabby (after all the piss poor amount of 60 odd goals you've scored), do us all a favour and **** off

• Like 2

today was hungriest he looked in a while and think he knows this is last chance saloon. we have had too many clowns in charge like Garde and Di Matteo who had good intentions about getting Gabby fit but had no idea how to get opinions across, Bruce wont accept bullshit but he will be fair with him and I think he respects that at least

2 hours ago, R.Bear said:

**** the haters, Gabby has done enough in his career to achieve legendary status. In a world this shitty, how can anyone say with a straight face say he isnt? :wacko: 

Not sure if your being serious?

• Like 4

I don't like gabby and wish I had never seen him in a villa shirt again - however it has happened and when he came onto the pitch he had my full support and put himself about - if he can get himself into the team and find form then I guess he could still do a job for us - he is very lucky to still be here and needs to do a hell of a lot to make up for the past .

time  will tell.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I don't like gabby and wish I had never seen him in a villa shirt again - however it has happened and when he came onto the pitch he had my full support and put himself about - if he can get himself into the team and find form then I guess he could still do a job for us - he is very lucky to still be here and needs to do a hell of a lot to make up for the past .

time  will tell.

I don't think he can make up for the past, all he can do is try and make a contribution now and hope it's enough to be remembered fondly when eventually his Villa career does end.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, R.Bear said:

**** the haters, Gabby has done enough in his career to achieve legendary status. In a world this shitty, how can anyone say with a straight face say he isnt? :wacko: 

Lol, Gabby is not even close to "Legendary"! Absolutely nowhere near, even before his antics and estrangementant. His application, lack of integrity and commitment over the past two years tarnishes even the [very] little merit he has prior to this.

Even at his peak (circa MON era), I considered he was one of the weak links and we would kick on if, for example, we had a Defoe in place of him. He is not a natural goal scorer, he usually fluffs his one-on-ones. His strengths were: decent in the air, pace (as a distraction), but he even with this he struggled out wide. Lacks footballing intelligence, he is one dimensional. 

That said, all things considered, showed a glimmer of usefulness yesterday, but never a starter for me, and won't figure after this season.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

:crylaugh:

You need to realise JV the depth of feeling that your fellow supporters have for what this guy did last season- for many of them - there should not be any way back for him, and I can relate to this view point, for me however I'll say it again quite clearly in my humble opinion he is not and and has never been good enough at being a professional  footballer to represent ASTON VILLA FC. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You realise Gestede also came on right?

Seriously, you lot aren't even making sense anymore. The "vendetta" has gone beyond the point of logic.

Being as thick and shit as you say he is, no way in hell should he be able to "con" all these managers.:lol:

Just give it up and come back when you actually have OBJECTIVE comments and criticism, because currently the bitterness is beyond obvious and clouding whatever points you may have(If any).

If he ain't good enough he won't play, RESOUNDINGLY being said again!

Yes, thanks. I noticed Gestede came on. IN THE 87th minute. The point I was making, which you obviously missed with your Gabby wankfest was that he would have been a better option to come on when Gabby came on earlier.

What Vendetta? you need to stop with comments like that, they are getting really boring. IT IS POSSIBLE TO DISLIKE A PLAYER, to really be pissed off by what he has done and not want him near the club - this is not a Vendetta. I am not bitter, I don't go to sleep at night hating him, or hoping that something happens to him, in fact, beyond games and this thread, I have zero interest in him.

Give it up ?????  Hang on, just let me dust off that favourite icon of yours.... default_crylaughin.gifI am as entitled to an opinion on a player as you are, and I will continue to express it - if you don't like it, don't read it. And as for OBJECTIVE comments, I think my last few posts are pretty objective. They are certainly more objective than your "he will save us" posts, but then I suppose it is difficult to see past the picture of him you must have next to your bed. I just cannot understand your blind support and love for this guy.

As for not playing if he is not good enough, well, somehow he has managed it for the last 5 years! I want better options for our club than Gabby Agbonlahor.

3 hours ago, R.Bear said:

default_crylaughin.gif

That gave me a good laugh,  thanks for cheering me up on a foggy cold morning! :wub:

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Yes, thanks. I noticed Gestede came on. IN THE 87th minute. The point I was making, which you obviously missed with your Gabby wankfest was that he would have been a better option to come on when Gabby came on earlier.

What Vendetta? you need to stop with comments like that, they are getting really boring. IT IS POSSIBLE TO DISLIKE A PLAYER, to really be pissed off by what he has done and not want him near the club - this is not a Vendetta. I am not bitter, I don't go to sleep at night hating him, or hoping that something happens to him, in fact, beyond games and this thread, I have zero interest in him.

Give it up ?????  Hang on, just let me dust off that favourite icon of yours.... default_crylaughin.gifI am as entitled to an opinion on a player as you are, and I will continue to express it - if you don't like it, don't read it. And as for OBJECTIVE comments, I think my last few posts are pretty objective. They are certainly more objective than your "he will save us" posts, but then I suppose it is difficult to see past the picture of him you must have next to your bed. I just cannot understand your blind support and love for this guy.

As for not playing if he is not good enough, well, somehow he has managed it for the last 5 years! I want better options for our club than Gabby Agbonlahor.

Here here!

12 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

@ Gaby supporters/sympathisers - sorry but cant take any more from you

11 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

However, I cant take the support for him any more, as its all founded on what he may do in the future, which I firmly do not believe will come to any fruition. Am I not allowed to say this?

Of course you can say what you like, but so can others, and they may have opinions contrary to yours. If you truly 'can't take any more' from posters, you should probably use the 'ignore user' option. 

• Like 1

He's done at premier league level. I think we saw enough of that last season before he lost interest, touching the ball 8 times at Spurs for example.

It's difficult to say at championship level, how much pace does he have left? Mind you defending at this level isn't great at all so he could still possibly unsettle defences.

Think Bruce has put him back in as he's realised Adomah aside we have no other wide players who can counter attack quickly which fits how SB wants us to play for the short term. We'll certainly be doing it at Brighton in a few weeks. McCormack certainly can't play that role.

In an ideal world I too wouldn't want to see him play for us again but he does seem the eternal cat with nine lives constantly outlasting managers who want to get rid of him.

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I don't think he can make up for the past, all he can do is try and make a contribution now and hope it's enough to be remembered fondly when eventually his Villa career does end.

Totally, too easy to talk in absolutes, too much either black or white, with us or against us type stuff on here. He has been a dick, we all know he was never the sharpest knife in the place where they keep the, um, knives, but if he can help us out of this mess then great. He clearly wants to be a one club player, so if he gets in the right condition (looked in shape to me) and gets with the Bruce programme and puts in a shift every time he is on the pitch then that's more than ok by me. A year or two of that and some match winning goals and hopefully he won't be a pariah.

The one attribute Gabby has been known for (pace) wasn't there yesterday. Looked unfit and top heavy. Was surprised at this after his pics and statements on social media.

Has a lot to do if Bruce is going to rely on him in January when Kodjia and Ayew are playing in the AN.

I think Bruce played a blinder last week on the mental side of the game. Mentioning/answering questions fully on gabby in the interviews, and then announcing hed be travlling with the team. It encourages the media and us to start talking about his record in the games. Then putting him on the bench without any real sign he would be puts it in the back of the mind with Rowett and the team. It was the right sub to make in the sense that they were pushing up and we were being pushed deeper, As soon as gabby came on it wasnt that he was quick enough or good enough, it was the mental thing in their mind of knowing gabbys record in derbies and how quick he used to be. It caused them to drop a bit deeper and start thinking more defensively. In that sense i get why Gestede wasnt the first option. 

Having said all of that, i wouldnt lose a second of sleep if Gabby was never to be seen again. He didnt do much of note except give away a couple of daft fouls when he really didnt have to. This all says far less about gabby's desire to get back to playing again than it does about bruce's man management skills, which have been really impressive. How long has it been since weve had a manager capable of mind games and actually motivating/managing players? 

• Like 1

Â