Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Which parts of the game were they ? Did you watch a different match ?

In the first half he ran at their defence a couple of times and once managed to beat their full back and put a half decent ball in. I'm not saying he played well but he was our only threat in that match. At least compared to those around him.

If he dosen't score against Sunderland he'd have gone a whole year without scoring a league goal.

Now I do like Gabby and have defended him in the past on here in the MON years when he was a key player and was getting stick but it is getting hard to defend someone who just dosen't carry a goalscoring threat anymore.

Seems to have become a permanent in the team based on the man. City game when he hasn't looked like scoring in any of the following 4 league games.

He was very good tonight and put a great shift in. His work rate over the last few games has been excellent. He obviously needs to start adding goals to his game in the league but as things stand he is worthy of his place in the team and is starting to forge a decent understanding with Benteke.

Getting plenty of praise today from Lambert on the official site. He will certainly be keeping his place in the side and Bent can expect to be warming the bench for sometime yet. Hopefully Benteke and Gabby can continue to forge a decent partnership.

I love it when Gabby rams words down throats, its alright though next time he has a dip in form you'll see the fools on here talking about how shite he is and that we need to get rid! Very pleased! Seen him do this many a time.

just be careful not to grab the moral high ground.....He needs to do it more consistently.

For the statisticians amongst you....Gabby has scored 61 goals in 7 seasons thats an average of 9 every season

The last 2 seasons he has scored 11 goals

It is clear his best run was during Martin O'Neills tenure.

It is also clear for Aston Villa to propsper he needs to deliver a better return

It is also clear particularly against Man city he can do it

I think it is safe to say Consistency is his enemy.

He has scored 67 goals in 274 appearances 31 of those appearances as a sub. A goal every 4 games whilst not great is not that bad especially when you think how many games he has played out wide.

He is rightly starting at the moment for me. We look far more threatening with him in the side than out of it.

someone wrote on here that Gabby has scored more goals for Villa than David Platt....that maybe so 59 v 61 in favour of Gabby

What he/she failed to say was Gabby took 7 seasons Platty took 3

not much difference is there?

Sad Fact is Gabby's Loyalty is very Noble, So was Gary Shaw's

Gabby IMO is kinda ok as average front men go ... but never in the class of Gray, shaw, withe, Platt, Little in terms of goal scoring.Wouldn't even put him on par with Dean Saunders.

Gabby will never leave Villa because he knows where his bread is buttered... despite the attraction of the loyalty.

Would have preffered to have kept Daniel Sturridge.

Â